Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    The call on Chubb hurt, but let's not act like act like Floyd for the Bears didn't get a horrible call as well, just a little before that. The refs hurt us, but this coaching staff gets the majority of the blame in my book. With 9 seconds left, I can't understand how we play any other defense but man coverage with deep safeties. Robinson is their #1 WR and he was passed off and left open. That's inexcusable. The refs had nothing to do with that. Not mention rushing 4 people, which hadn't worked all game and allowing the QB to step up into the pocket.

and despite all that...Robinson caught the ball with 2 seconds, managed to turn completely around, dive to the ground, be touched and have trubinsky call a time out in under a second

you really think that happened

I have a photo that I took showing the frame by frame as it happened, robinson caught the ball and turned

he dove right when the clock hit 01 nothing was touching the ground at that point, as CHJ touched him

there is no possible way in hell that trubinsky having to wait for him to be down, could signal TO with time on the clock...none
    Last edited by arapaho; 09-17-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and despite all that...Robinson caught the ball with 2 seconds, managed to turn completely around, dive to the ground, be touched and have trubinsky call a time out in under a second

you really think that happened

I have a photo that I took showing the frame by frame as it happened, robinson caught the ball and turned

he dove right when the clock hit 01 nothing was touching the ground at that point, as CHJ touched him

there is no possible way in hell that trubinsky having to wait for him to be down, could signal TO with time on the clock...none
    Actually I do. I watched the game live and the replays and said there's still at least a second on the clock. I've seen similar situations many times and they put time on the clock. Just call better defenses and execute the plays and we don't have to worry about it. That was an absolutely horrible defense called by a so called defensive mastermind. Blame the coaching more than the refs.

The refs reviewed the timeout to see if there was time left, timeouts arenít reviewable. Extra time always runs off between the TO being called and the ref stopping the clock, that was an absurd decision by an inexperienced crew that didnít have you know what to stick to their guns

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Actually I do. I watched the game live and the replays and said there's still at least a second on the clock. I've seen similar situations many times and they put time on the clock. Just call better defenses and execute the plays and we don't have to worry about it. That was an absolutely horrible defense called by a so called defensive mastermind. Blame the coaching more than the refs.
    We all watch the games live and we all watch the replays, trubinsky cannot signal time until the wr is down

Itís not like he has mind control of the time out

The wr must be touched down, before the qb can call time out

The qb must signal time out... after the wr is down, the wr caught the ball with 2 seconds
    At the point the wr turned upfield there was one second on the clock and he was not down the ground yet

There is absolutely zero chance the wr hit the ground, and was touched down and the qb signal TO, and have the ref whistle to
    in less then a second

The NFL is not a joke. It's changing because I saw a 360 pound muscled man run like a 4.6! Adults in suits are telling Roger Goodell that the league is going to get someone killed. There's billions involved so I rather suspect the owners are desperate to keep this going but it is a game designed for over energized teenagers - not weaponized gladiators. The "bad calls" are here to stay unless the players downsize.

We, for the most part, are asking middle aged and geriatric men to keep up with young fast men who are the top one percent of the top one percent of the most athletic humans on earth. Thereís going to be mistakes.

I will say again about the call against Chubb that it wasnít as bad as people have made it out to be. He landed on the quarterback and made no effort not to. Itís debatable as to whether or not he landed with the full force of his weight, but he invited the flag by landing on Trubisky.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    We, for the most part, are asking middle aged and geriatric men to keep up with young fast men who are the top one percent of the top one percent of the most athletic humans on earth. Thereís going to be mistakes.

I will say again about the call against Chubb that it wasnít as bad as people have made it out to be. He landed on the quarterback and made no effort not to. Itís debatable as to whether or not he landed with the full force of his weight, but he invited the flag by landing on Trubisky.
    Thatís kind of how momentum works, Chubb put his hand down to not land on Trubisky with all his weight which prevents it from being a penalty. It was a bad call by an inexperienced officiating crew. That was a worse call than last week when Flacco was pile drived into the ground after getting his face mask pulled.

I just don't understand why we have to make guess calls at the end of a game. I really don't care if they want to throw a flag every other play for the first 50 minutes, but put that trash back on the shelf when the game's on the line. That's all I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Of course not, that clearly wasn't the point being made. My point was, that in a situation where you have fans blaming the referees for a loss, in a game where we had bad calls go in our favour also, it makes no sense to place blame anywhere other than on the players on the field. Especially when we weren't able to capitalise on receiving favourable calls, then, had an opportunity in the form of a 4th and 15 after that, and still couldn't get the job done. You can tell people to "ditch the tough guy act", and to drop the "suck it up mentality", but I guarantee no coach went into any meeting, film session, or post game contact with players and blamed the referees, especially after giving up a 4th and 15 situation. Worry about what you can control, and control it, the defense and offense failed to do that.
    Actually they did. Our players blamed the zebras for the roughing on Chubb call which, BTW, the NFL just admitted was incorrect, and Fangio maintained (after looking at the tape) that there was no time left on the clock for a Bears T.O. to be called. I would say also that the Bears' rushing TD didn't cross the plane and that was an incorrect ruling as well.

I understand the mentality that men should try to take responsibility for their actions and consequences, take their lumps when rightfully due and without complaint, but I have no respect for the authority doling out those lumps with questionable and unfair judgement lately. Broncos fans here were outraged by the officiating in the playoffs as well (Saints game in particular), and rightfully so, even though our team wasn't there.

The integrity of the sport is in jeopardy with all of these terrible rules changes, and with all of the incompetent or corrupt officiating in a League which Roger Goodell and and his buddy Robert Kraft have been mismanaging together. I'm on the verge of tuning out of the farce that pro football has sadly become ...I'm not sure how more of this crap I can take. If bad calls propel the P*ts into another SB or ensure their victory, to fix an outcome just so Br*dy can exit in glory, I'm exiting too. If I want fiction, I'll just watch movies instead.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

NY Post

As if Tom Brady needs the extra help.

During the Patriotsí beatdown of the Dolphins last week, an official warned Miami linebacker Raekwon McMillan to back off the six-time Super Bowl winner following a legal hit.

ďTom didnít say anything but the referee said, ĎStay off Tom,'Ē McMillan told the Miami Herald. ďI put my hands up in the air and said, ĎI got you.íĒ

The refís demand doesnít come as a complete surprise, as the NFL over the last few seasons has taken more steps to protect its quarterbacks.

That should help Brady in his continuing quest to play until 50.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Actually they did. Our players blamed the zebras for the roughing on Chubb call which, BTW, the NFL just admitted was incorrect, and Fangio maintained (after looking at the tape) that there was no time left on the clock for a Bears T.O. to be called. I would say also that the Bears' rushing TD didn't cross the plane and that was an incorrect ruling as well.

I understand the mentality that men should try to take responsibility for their actions and consequences, take their lumps when rightfully due and without complaint, but I have no respect for the authority doling out those lumps with questionable and unfair judgement lately. Broncos fans here were outraged by the officiating in the playoffs as well (Saints game in particular), and rightfully so, even though our team wasn't there.

The integrity of the sport is in jeopardy with all of these terrible rules changes, and with all of the incompetent or corrupt officiating in a League which Roger Goodell and and his buddy Robert Kraft have been mismanaging together. I'm on the verge of tuning out of the farce that pro football has sadly become ...I'm not sure how more of this crap I can take. If bad calls propel the P*ts into another SB or ensure their victory, to fix an outcome just so Br*dy can exit in glory, I'm exiting too. If I want fiction, I'll just watch movies instead.
    You don't know that, and I bet they didn't. Sure, they might have made complaints, officially filed something with the league, addressed concerns with some very bad calls that you mentioned and I agree with. But, at the end of the day, I bet the message to the players is exactly the same as what you are told from the time you are kid playing any organised sports. That is, regardless of the calls, you can only control your own play, so if the referees do something wrong, you have to move on and just respond by playing, and we had that chance after the roughing the passer call, and we came up short.

You don't know that, and I bet they didn't. Sure, they might have made complaints, officially filed something with the league, addressed concerns with some very bad calls that you mentioned and I agree with. But, at the end of the day, I bet the message to the players is exactly the same as what you are told from the time you are kid playing any organised sports. That is, regardless of the calls, you can only control your own play, so if the referees do something wrong, you have to move on and just respond by playing, and we had that chance after the roughing the passer call, and we came up short.
    I agree, Flacco donít throw a pick in the redzone and the d donít allow a 4th and 15, the refs call would t have mattered. Just like boxing or mma canít leave it to the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree, Flacco donít throw a pick in the redzone and the d donít allow a 4th and 15, the refs call would t have mattered. Just like boxing or mma canít leave it to the judges.
    Boxing judges have been bought and corrupt for decades

You expect the nfl to call if straight

No matter what you say there was no time on the clock, as I said there is absolutely no chance the wr was facing the Qb and caught the ball after the clock hit .02 got off the ground turned and dove into Chj hit the ground, and then had Trubisky signal TO in less then a second... none!!

If Chris Harris avoids touching the receiver down when the reciever dove forward, we are 1-1. I agree that the field goal should not of been allowed, but Chris Harris had a chance to make a heady play there and didn't.

We came up short because the zebras decided we did by granting the timeout and a phantom second on the clock.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016