Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
    I hear you, but you wanna know what I'm more sick of? I'm sick of our defense letting teams convert 4th and longs with the game on the line. We stop them on that and the game is over, regardless of the bad calls.
    If Harris didnít touch him there, let him get up and then tackle him, no time. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I donít think the call against Chubb is as bad as people are making it out to be.

He was called for roughing the passer, not a late hit.

He landed on top of Trubisky. Itís debatable as to whether or not he landed with his full weight on Trubisky, but he didnít get off quickly enough or make an effort to not land on Trubisky
    Not sure if thatís hot take or if youíre being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    The roughing the TE call against whoever tackled fant early in the game was pretty gross too. The rules are bad for the game, and worse they are enforced incredibly inconsistently.
    I think I chocked that one up as a make up call for missing the horse collar/ facemask on the return. But yeah the refs were terrible all around.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The penalty on Chubb was a bad call. The officials also made the same bad call earlier in the game against the Bears. Both teams benefited from bad calls, the Broncos happened to be on the wrong side of a bad call on the last drive.

Not the same,Flacco had released the ball and the bear defender still had a step to take and then wrapped him up and drove him to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Not the same,Flacco had released the ball and the bear defender still had a step to take and then wrapped him up and drove him to the ground
    Nope. Watch the tape. Goldman, #91 hit Flacco right as he released the ball. There is no way to expect a defender to hold up on that play. No different than the bad call on Chubb. If you want to makeup an extra step, thatís fine. But the film doesnít show it.

Look guys, I absolutely HATED the call also but we lost the game when we gave up a freaking 4th and 15 to put them into field goal range.

Atrocious call but not why we lost the game - the 4th and 15 debacle was far more egregious.
    Last edited by Elway'sLegacy; 09-15-2019 at 10:40 PM.

The bad calls went both ways. we didn't capitalise, the Bears did. Blaming the referees after that loss in my opinion comes across as pathetic, one sided, and honestly like you are a sore loser. We are a bad football team who lost the game because of our own poor performance, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    The bad calls went both ways. we didn't capitalise, the Bears did. Blaming the referees after that loss in my opinion comes across as pathetic, one sided, and honestly like you are a sore loser. We are a bad football team who lost the game because of our own poor performance, nothing else.
    Many fans made fun of Saints fans for their continuous complaining about the missed interference call last season (it was a badly missed call). We sound a bit like Saints fans.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Iíll go ahead and keep repeating throughout the thread.

My original point is not complaining about bad officiating or acting like it was one sided. The thread title does not reference officiating and it was not my point.

My point was the joke the NFL has become by no longer allowing defenders to play legit defense in fear of injuries and in favor of points for fans and fantasy points.

Yes Iím bitter because this one bit our team. But Iím sick of watching these calls all around the league period.

Same goes for college. Iím sick of watching defenders being ejected for bad targeting calls when the ball carrier lowers his shoulders/head last and is the cause of upper body contact.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 09-16-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Goldman had a bogus holding call as well and there was a crap personal foul call on the first drive when Noah Fant was tackled.

Bradley Chubbsí bogus roughing the passer call came at a very bad time but Denver should had never let it get to that point!

Heart breaking loss that key players like Chubb and Emmanual Sander both took to heart but as a team they shouldve separated themselves from the bears.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-16-2019 at 06:31 AM.

It was a bad call for sure , however our Defense is built to carry this team . We allow a 4th & 15 . No pressure on that play at all . It wasnt the Refs or our GM that cost us the game . Miller has been a no show for 2 games now . Imo a player who's getting paid the amount he is needs to show up especially in times like this 4th and 15 .

I do realize we could of made Trubisky get rid of the ball sooner on the last non kicking play of the game. I still think you have to stick closer to guys than that when that is the game if he doesn't catch it. I almost feel sorry for the officials in the NFL now. They are being asked to make calls that go against the natural flow of tackle football. 300 lb men are going to run through and cause huge collisions with whatever they hit, that is physics. The missed called against the Bears looks worse to the official because someone else was hitting Fant too. The call on Chubb was atrocious. The QB was releasing the ball when Chubb hit him. Chubb didn't hit him too low or in the head, or with his helmet. If Chubb doesn't hit him on that play what is he out there for.

I realize Schlereth hates Bolles. I didn't buy one holding call, but seriously the fans have turned on Bolles, Elway has to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    This is why NFL makes me laugh. A coach can challenge a bad PI call, or one that wasnít called when it shouldíve been...

But they canít challenge a bad roughing the passer call?

Why are challenges arbitrary?

Either you can throw a red flag to challenge a call or you canít, no?
    Beat me to the punch. You can challenge everything else, why not Roughing the Passer. Seems like the refs are getting this call wrong the most. Another rule change....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    Beat me to the punch. You can challenge everything else, why not Roughing the Passer. Seems like the refs are getting this call wrong the most. Another rule change....
    Fantastic idea!! Actually I think the officials want this.

Nice points fraguela and Jazzy . Never thought about it like that . This is what happens as rules change its pandoras box if you will.