Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    It wasn’t a phantom second. Chris Harris Jr. made contact with Robinson on the way to the ground. Nagy had already told the officials he was calling timeout at the end of the play and he called it concurrently. Al Riveron confirmed the officials made the correct call.
    it's debatable.

Fangio: “I don’t think there was (any time left). You’re assuming a lot there and they would tell you there has to be lag time – he went down with one (second remaining) They didn’t deem there was lag time there.”

“Nothing in life in the world happens simultaneously.There was lag time there.”
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    it's debatable.

Fangio: “I don’t think there was (any time left). You’re assuming a lot there and they would tell you there has to be lag time – he went down with one (second remaining) They didn’t deem there was lag time there.”

“Nothing in life in the world happens simultaneously.There was lag time there.”
    Fangio needs to understand the rule.

Section 5 Timeouts
    CHARGED TEAM TIMEOUTS
    Article 1 The Referee shall suspend play while the ball is dead and declare a charged team timeout upon the request for a timeout by the head coach or any player to any official.

The key here is the “shall suspend play” while the ball is dead.

It’s not debatable in the context of the actual rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Fangio needs to understand the rule.

Section 5 Timeouts
    CHARGED TEAM TIMEOUTS
    Article 1 The Referee shall suspend play while the ball is dead and declare a charged team timeout upon the request for a timeout by the head coach or any player to any official.

The key here is the “shall suspend play” while the ball is dead.

It’s not debatable in the context of the actual rule.
    But should you be able to prestage a timeout for after the play before the play is ran? That just seems strange to me. I’ve seen a few instances where Refs have not given coaches timeouts trying to ice the kicker because they didn’t call it in time. Sure most of the time coaches will tell the ref they want a timeout right before the ball is snapped but they still have to call it

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    But should you be able to prestage a timeout for after the play before the play is ran? That just seems strange to me. I’ve seen a few instances where Refs have not given coaches timeouts trying to ice the kicker because they didn’t call it in time. Sure most of the time coaches will tell the ref they want a timeout right before the ball is snapped but they still have to call it
    Nagy telling them ahead of time was part of the process to ensure the refs would be aware of the situation. They didn’t grant the timeout based on telling them ahead of time. The coach and players signaled timeout as the ball was dead. Even though the clock would continue running off, the rule states the refs have to suspend play and grant the timeout. If this happened at any other time in the game nobody would question this. The rule doesn’t change because there was only 1 second left.