Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Open the offense up? I wasn't under the impression we were running some kind of limited offense.

It's not like we have some rookie QB that doesn't know the system or something like that. Isn't Joe Flacco an ELITE starting QB, learning the ENTIRE system should be no problem for a QB of his ELITE stature and work ethic.

So again, open the offense up to what?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    They were there against Oakland and I think one or two yesterday. Flacco isnít great throwing on the run so weíll see less of it with him. Also I donít think they wanted to give Mack/Floyd/Lynch a free run at him. The bootleg wonít work if we canít get the stretch play to work and so far we havenít been able to get the stretch play going. Bolles holds too much to let him block laterally and Leary is a terrible fit for a zone scheme so when you add in a play that isnít designed to go into any particular gap youíll get holding calls because Leary lacks the movement skills to gain position and Bolles lacks the awareness/technique to not hold when a play bounces outside.
    Ok thanks...I guess I've been so disgusted with this do-nothing TEAM (offense & defense) that I just didn't even notice the few times they attempted any boots and/or roll-outs.

And the lack of the zone running scheme was another thing I saw no semblance of but again I guess my disgust just blinds me to it when we do finally attempt it.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Interpol View Post
    Open the offense up? I wasn't under the impression we were running some kind of limited offense.

It's not like we have some rookie QB that doesn't know the system or something like that. Isn't Joe Flacco an ELITE starting QB, learning the ENTIRE system should be no problem for a QB of his ELITE stature and work ethic.

JF opened the first qtr. 8-8 with most of the passes short. Why not try some deep balls to our WR in the first series or two. Flacco is an elite QB, but he's not calling the plays and a spoiled fan base here blows everything out of proportion. If JF has a 2 int. game it will be "WE WANT LOCK" till the sun goes down. How's your job... any pressure there. Honestly, the rants and negativism just isn't going to win us more games.

We canít block long enough without holding to open the offense up.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    We can’t block long enough without holding to open the offense up.
    Exactly

With the level of our team pass protection if we pass as much as some want than we may as well be tanking for good draft picks
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Interpol View Post

We do not have the QB nor the team pass protection to open the offense up

6 years ago we opened the offense up on record pace and lost the super bowl

4 years ago we played epic defense and good enough offense. That recipe can still work today

More importantly we are not even close to having the players to win with an open offense
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Ya. The coaches have been holding these world beaters back. They show very short flashes, but this is simply not a very talented team. Starting with the oline, of course.

Open up the offense? They had the training wheels on Flacco most of the game (he only had like 50 yards passing the first half), and he still turned it over twice. Who, Iím their right mind, would want to open up this offense more??