• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 58Miller
    Football Immortal
    • Jul 2013

Congrats to the Bears and the refs with the win

Chubb hits the QB with the ball as he lets it go!! Awarded 15? Not to mention the TD they called that didn’t cross the line.
    Nice win for the league, the refs and the bears, then again the league needs Chicago to be good.
    sigpic
  • TommyBrady12
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Chubb hits the QB with the ball as he lets it go!! Awarded 15? Not to mention the TD they called that didn’t cross the line.
    Nice win for the league, the refs and the bears, then again the league needs Chicago to be good.
    I agree that wasn't roughing the passer. The league needs to listen to Belichick and make everything reviewable.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• DevilSpawn
      versus you
      • Mar 2006

One of the worst roughing calls I've ever seen. I hope it's spotlighted this week because that was (in my Steven A Smith voice) an abomination.

Comment

• 58Miller
        Football Immortal
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        One of the worst roughing calls I've ever seen. I hope it's spotlighted this week because that was (in my Steven A Smith voice) an abomination.
        It won’t even be a Story, because the league already decided Denver wasn’t a contender. I agree we are not, I just don’t want to see my team lose from a phantom TD call they too zero time to review, a horrible roughing the passer, and a 1 second left call.
        That said Chicago never gave up, nothing against them. Congrats on the win...
        sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
          Banned User
          • Dec 2004

It won’t even be a Story, because the league already decided Denver wasn’t a contender. I agree we are not, I just don’t want to see my team lose from a phantom TD call they too zero time to review, a horrible roughing the passer, and a 1 second left call.
          That said Chicago never gave up, nothing against them. Congrats on the win...
          Perhaps they are right to think so!

I know everyone is upset but why did CHJ touch the WR with one second to go on the play clock?

Shouldn’t he know to let the guy go while letting the clock run out.

Shouldn’t he had been coached to understand this!

Not blaming CHJ by any means but as former players wether you’ve played college ball or pop warner, we should all remember how to handle that situation. Let him lay there, get up and run while the clock runs out then drop his ass...!
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-15-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• 58Miller
            Football Immortal
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Perhaps they are right to think so!

I know everyone is upset but why did CHJ touch the WR with one second to go on the play clock?

Shouldn’t he know to let the guy go while letting the clock run out.

Shouldn’t he had been coached to understand this!

Not blaming CHJ by any means but as former players wether you’ve played college ball or pop warner, we should all remember how to handle that situation. Let him lay there, get up and run while the clock runs out then drop his ass...!
            I’ll ride with Harris still, and I recommend Chubb makes that same play regardless, if that’s a penalty then It’s time I find a new sport to watch.
            sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

I’ll ride with Harris still, and I recommend Chubb makes that same play regardless, if that’s a penalty then It’s time I find a new sport to watch.
              Chubb did nothing wrong, I’d encourage him to the same.

All I’m saying is, CHJ should had hesitated.

It could be a coaching error but more than that CHJ should had been more consciously aware of the situation.

Comment

• arapaho
                reserved for losing bet
                • Mar 2004

It could be a coaching error but more than that CHJ should had been more consciously aware of the situation.
                It should have at least been reviewed to make sure there was time when it was called or was it
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• arapaho
                  reserved for losing bet
                  • Mar 2004

And in the end with at least 6 seconds tick by before throwing it where was Von and Chubb

Where was Harris did he even get behind the los ?
                  sigpic

Comment

• jazzbodog
                    Football Immortal
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                    I agree that wasn't roughing the passer. The league needs to listen to Belichick and make everything reviewable.
                    Not sure I agree with EVERYTHING should be allowed for review but definitely roughing the passer should be! It's tackle football. Not only QB's but all players need to be protected from being grossly manhandled causing injury but if you have the football in your hand(s), expect to be tackled without unjust and unfair favoritism from the ref's. It may have cost the Broncos the win, IMO!
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• jazzbodog
                      Football Immortal
                      • Aug 2007

I agree but defensive players are drilled to touch the offensive player as soon as their knee or elbow comes in contact with the turf. CHJ was reacting to instinct. Tough to blame him but the defensive backs and safety's should have discussed it after the previous play ended and knowing with 9 seconds to go to contain but wait to tackle or touch the opposing player.
                      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                        Not sure I agree with EVERYTHING should be allowed for review but definitely roughing the passer should be! It's tackle football. Not only QB's but all players need to be protected from being grossly manhandled causing injury but if you have the football in your hand(s), expect to be tackled without unjust and unfair favoritism from the ref's. It may have cost the Broncos the win, IMO!
                        Everything. A coach can pick and choose when to throw the challenge flag.
                        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• baphamet
                          Family Trust Beer
                          • Nov 2006

excuses, everyone's got em. there was a phantom holding call that would have resulted in a TD in the chargers game, that would have put them over the top.

should i blame the refs for our loss too? smh

Comment

• arapaho
                            reserved for losing bet
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            excuses, everyone's got em. there was a phantom holding call that would have resulted in a TD in the chargers game, that would have put them over the top.

should i blame the refs for our loss too? smh

Come on that was holding... ticky tacky but still a hold, those are called every single game

a RTP call as the QB was releasing the ball isnt
                            sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                              Family Trust Beer
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                              Come on that was holding... ticky tacky but still a hold, those are called every single game

a RTP call as the QB was releasing the ball isnt
                              it's one thing to not call a hold on a play which happens constantly, it's entirely another to call a hold on a play that simply wasn't there.

the point is, one call didn't cost you the game, it didn't cost us ours either. neither did missing two FG's, that's arapaho excuse making tactics, not mine.

if both our teams played better they would have both won, end of story.

Comment

Working...
                              X