Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,836
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    it's one thing to not call a hold on a play which happens constantly, it's entirely another to call a hold on a play that simply wasn't there.

    the point is, one call didn't cost you the game, it didn't cost us ours either. neither did missing two FG's, that's arapaho excuse making tactics, not mine.

    if both our teams played better they would have both won, end of story.

    True but as I said in every game there are ticky tac holding calls and non calls that should have been called , they say refs could call holding on nearly every play

    But with less then 30 seconds and the refs call a RTP call as a defender hits the qd at the same time as he releases

    It wasnít two or three steps away, it wasnít seconds after it was a horrible call

    That fifteen yards was a killer

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    excuses, everyone's got em. there was a phantom holding call that would have resulted in a TD in the chargers game, that would have put them over the top.

    should i blame the refs for our loss too? smh
    No you just bring up injuries as your excuse.
    That said we lost cause we got outplayed period!!!!!

    I can handle losing, especially when their isnít:
    1. a TD that looked questionable but wasnít reviewed
    2. A roughing the passer called when a QBs is hit with the ball leaving his hand
    3. A second is added on the clock.

    3 ref calls that changes the game, all three lead to 10 pts combined.

    But we are on to Green Bay!!!!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,836
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    No you just bring up injuries as your excuse.
    That said we lost cause we got outplayed period!!!!!

    I can handle losing, especially when their isnít:
    1. a TD that looked questionable but wasnít reviewed
    2. A roughing the passer called when a QBs is hit with the ball leaving his hand
    3. A second is added on the clock.

    3 ref calls that changes the game, all three lead to 10 pts combined.

    But we are on to Green Bay!!!!
    I thought the ball crossed , but on other views it didnít, was surprised when they showed the play and then they kicked the xp

    I thought it was reviewed

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,836
    We also have to painfully remember

    The int on the 2 yard line on a bad play call and even worse throw

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    We also have to painfully remember

    The int on the 2 yard line on a bad play call and even worse throw
    That was a bad throw for sure, lucky it wasnít taken back ( thought their was an early whistle)
    Bottom line we didnít deserve to win.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    809
    It was an egregious RTP call. But, the NFL is littered with egregious calls in almost every game, particularly in cases of QBs getting hit. NFL refs are NBA ref level bad. It is what it is.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Chubb hits the QB with the ball as he lets it go!! Awarded 15? Not to mention the TD they called that didnít cross the line.
    Nice win for the league, the refs and the bears, then again the league needs Chicago to be good.
    Refs were bad for both sides. Roughing on Goldman that was not even close, horrible penalty on Floyd that extended a Denver scoring drive.

    BTW Montgomery did score. Saw a great still of that play after the game.

    Great defensive game.....to bad about the refs.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Refs were bad for both sides. Roughing on Goldman that was not even close, horrible penalty on Floyd that extended a Denver scoring drive.

    BTW Montgomery did score. Saw a great still of that play after the game.
    I
    Great defensive game.....to bad about the refs.
    Congrats on the win ,I canít take nothing away from your players, the broncos got outplayed at home most of the game.
    Trubisky had a tough game but showed up when it mattered most, and looks like you guys got a kicker who can hit the big kick.
    Good luck on the rest of your season !

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,836
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Refs were bad for both sides. Roughing on Goldman that was not even close, horrible penalty on Floyd that extended a Denver scoring drive.

    BTW Montgomery did score. Saw a great still of that play after the game.

    Great defensive game.....to bad about the refs.
    goldmans could have easily been called in any game as he wrapped him up and drove him to the ground, so I don't think it was a hit after the throw but that part

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,227
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Refs were bad for both sides. Roughing on Goldman that was not even close, horrible penalty on Floyd that extended a Denver scoring drive.

    BTW Montgomery did score. Saw a great still of that play after the game.

    Great defensive game.....to bad about the refs.
    That call on Floyd was ridiculous, and after watching this game one could argue that this crew needs to go back to the classroom for re-training.

    Anyway good game, Pagano has the bears defense playing lights out and the only reason the game was close in the end was because the bears D was gased in the high altitude. I saw Mack sucking down bugs on the sideline lol anyway if the offense could catch up and improve drastically, you guys should be able to challenge and beat anyone even Brady and his new tight end Matt LaCosse.

    That Matt LaCosse, too bad Denver couldnít find that guy! Oh wait!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-16-2019 at 07:54 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,871
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    No you just bring up injuries as your excuse.
    That said we lost cause we got outplayed period!!!!!

    I can handle losing, especially when their isnít:
    1. a TD that looked questionable but wasnít reviewed
    2. A roughing the passer called when a QBs is hit with the ball leaving his hand
    3. A second is added on the clock.

    3 ref calls that changes the game, all three lead to 10 pts combined.

    But we are on to Green Bay!!!!
    Sorry but Saying the refs cost you the game is 100% excuse making.

    If I just mention injuries you pretend that is excuse making, on what planet does that make sense?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,871
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Congrats on the win ,I canít take nothing away from your players, the broncos got outplayed at home most of the game.
    Trubisky had a tough game but showed up when it mattered most, and looks like you guys got a kicker who can hit the big kick.
    Good luck on the rest of your season !
    Yeah bears fans, he isnít taking anything away from your win except for the fact that he thinks the refs haded you the win

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Yeah bears fans, he isnít taking anything away from your win except for the fact that he thinks the refs haded you the win
    Bears players won that game fair and square.
    I was not happy with the refs and agree they made some bad calls against the bears as well.
    Iím on to Green Bay now, Baphs your onto Denver every week cause your a stalker lol!!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,227
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Sorry but Saying the refs cost you the game is 100% excuse making.

    If I just mention injuries you pretend that is excuse making, on what planet does that make sense?
    I agree!

    The Broncos have a lot of talent and it should have never came to one blatant call that cost the Broncos the game.

    The bears had some ridiculous calls go against them as well.

    Anyway I said in another thread that the Broncos should have separated themselves from the Bears on the scoreboard. However I understand that it is really tough when you have a guy named Garrett Bolles on your team.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-16-2019 at 08:29 AM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Everything. A coach can pick and choose when to throw the challenge flag.
    Like I said, I'm not sure but your point has strength. Maybe they should do it for a year and see how it plays out.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •