Offense Playcalling

So when us fans see something that can work on offense such as installing Royce Freeman as the Starting RB and using Lindsey as the 3rd Down Scant Back Running up the teeth of The Chicago Bears Defense wearing them down Denver decides to go pass happy trick plays that hardly work and pass on all 3 chances and not a Run with Freeman is just unreal. I could have game planned this game a thousand times better all you have to is run the damn ball up the gut you knew this game was going to be a defense battle and the offensive coordinator blew it 2 times in a row.

First off, I completely agree that Freeman should be the starter and Lindsay the “change of pace”. They were an awesome 1-2 punch last year and until injuries, both were on pace for 1K.

Also, it seems like we are going with ultra conservative game plans. And only when we get in a bad spot do we start spreading the field and utilizing the players we have to their strengths.

And Noah Fant is like a bad version of Julius Thomas. And knowing what kind of TE JT was, it’s begs to question why we try to utilize him for LOS blocking assignments at all?!? He’s horrendous and that’s being nice.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    First off, I completely agree that Freeman should be the starter and Lindsay the “change of pace”. They were an awesome 1-2 punch last year and until injuries, both were on pace for 1K.

Also, it seems like we are going with ultra conservative game plans. And only when we get in a bad spot do we start spreading the field and utilizing the players we have to their strengths.

And Noah Fant is like a bad version of Julius Thomas. And knowing what kind of TE JT was, it’s begs to question why we try to utilize him for LOS blocking assignments at all?!? He’s horrendous and that’s being nice.

100% Agree....

This will also be the toughest D we will play all year. You can prob make the argument for Jax but still

And where are the roll-outs & bootlegs???

Does the modernized Shanahan/Kubiak/West Coast/Seifert/Walsh/49ers offense no longer implement it???

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Yup we’re taking too long to open the offense up and it costs us two games. You can’t play not to lose unless your defense is legendary. Ours is only good

This is a 2-14 team. Bolles is a disgrace and should be cut immediately. We'll be competing with Dolphins for top spot in the draft given our poor start and brutal draw. Oh and a rookie HC and OC who look completely out of their depth.
    Last edited by legend; 09-15-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

Agreed. .
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

This was a great defensive game. Watched on tv. After the Flacco to sanders two pt. conversion the Crowd cheers were deafening. Camera zoomed in on Flacco lifting his arms to the crowd. Great moment.
    Game plan was to wear down Chicagos Defense with long drives, and take what defense gave you.
    Denvers offense had almost four hundred yards, almost three hundred passing and just under one hundred rushing.
    Greenbays offense last week against the Bears only had two fifty total yds.
    Denver outdueled the Bears, but the NFL will be the NFL.
    Coachs are seeing teams strengths and utilizing them.
    Passing game used early. Good defense is not about sacks, but pressure and good coverages.
    Flaccos comeback on next series after int was why they call him Joe Cool. Doesn't get rattled. Always focused.
    This team is dangerous.
    Green Bay is favored by eight in vegas.
    Denver will not only cover, but win outright.

If we are going to be so pass happy, I would much prefer to see us attempt to spread the defense out. We are playing so many tight formations, and I feel like defenses are just funnelling everything inside and congesting passing lanes with linebackers and safeties coming down. I haven't broken it down enough to say that is exactly what's happening, but we are not stretching the field. I would also like to see more of a commitment to the running game, especially with Freeman seeing increased carries. Lindsay can be a weapon, but I just think right now Freeman looks more comfortable running the ball, and is making more impact.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    If we are going to be so pass happy, I would much prefer to see us attempt to spread the defense out. We are playing so many tight formations, and I feel like defenses are just funnelling everything inside and congesting passing lanes with linebackers and safeties coming down. I haven't broken it down enough to say that is exactly what's happening, but we are not stretching the field. I would also like to see more of a commitment to the running game, especially with Freeman seeing increased carries. Lindsay can be a weapon, but I just think right now Freeman looks more comfortable running the ball, and is making more impact.

This is exactly to what I was referring. Running the Ball Early and Often with your lead Running Back Royce Freeman. Make Phillip Lindsey your 3rd down RB and Run the Ball right down the teeth of the opposing teams Defense. When we did this in the 3rd Quarter vs Oak and 3rd Quarter vs Chicago it was working plus it opens up the PAP how hard is it to see this when us fans see this?
    Last edited by DENVERSB50CHAMP; 09-17-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    This is exactly to what I was referring. RB the Ball Early and Often with you lead back Royce Freeman. Make Phillip Lindsey your 3rd down RB and Run the Ball right down the teeth of the opposing teams Defense. When we did this in the 3rd Quarter vs Oak and 3rd Quarter vs Chicago it was working plus it opens up the PAP how hard is it to see this when us fans see this?
    I agree with this ^^^^