Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    i had no internet today...but when i did log on we were going backwards....72.

Fangio rarely calls blitzes so don't expect them.

I've been watching Von and I have no clue what he's doing on most plays. It looks like he's playing at half speed trying to diagnose the play instead of being explosive and getting pressure on the QB. Chubb looks like he's doing the same thing. There is ZERO interior push. Harris is getting man handled and I'm not surprised, because he's not a DT and definitely not a NT.

My only guess is Fangio needs a few years to get the players that can play in his system. To do that he'll have to trade Von for draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    We win a huge 0-2 start, something we haven't had in 20 yrs. Congrats Bronco Country....................and an honorable mention to
    Garrett "can't let you go" Bolles
    Anybody else catching Bolles singing to Mack during the game?

♫ Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you ♪

That's right, Bolles is the Rick Astley of the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    We win a huge 0-2 start, something we haven't had in 20 yrs. Congrats Bronco Country....................and an honorable mention to
    Garrett "can't let you go" Bolles

Never gonna let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

Never gonna let you down

Some day somebody's gunna make you want to miss a block and say goodbye. Until then baby are you gunna let them get a sack and make you cry? Don't you know. Don't you know things can change. Things'll go your way. If you hold on for one more play. Can you hold on for one more play? Things'll go your way. Hold on for one more play.

Our D is just pathetic. Nobody gives up 45 yards in 31 seconds after their offense just gave them the lead, and at home can I say. Denver just is terrible this year so far. Miller and Chub are way way way over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    Our D is just pathetic. Nobody gives up 45 yards in 31 seconds after their offense just gave them the lead, and at home can I say. Denver just is terrible this year so far. Miller and Chub are way way way over rated.
    yeah but according to some around here, it's flacco's fault...

Von Miller and Bradley Chubb both get triple teamed every single snap and the officials let every offensive lineman hold them on every single play, it's not the players fault guys.

We've been outplayed on defense by both teams in 2 weeks and thats the "strength" of our team.

I'll still watch but my expectations are turned. I loved how the offense actually picked the team up especially against the #1 defense. Too bad our defense couldn't just hang on.

Even McManus choked
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

0 turnovers as well for the defense. The offense has struggled and the defense has done nothing to help them.

Maybe the transition from the booth to sideline was a bigger issue for Fangio than most people thought.

As far as I can tell I see three major issues here:

1. Interior pressure- it is just not there. Further more I am not seeing enough pressure from Wolfe into the backfield on passing plays especially on known passing downs.

Looking at the image above - IMO shows the Bears level of "concern" with our players. Von had a double team, Chubb had a double team so does Gotsis. Wolfe is single covered and was put in his place. Wolfe NEEDS to get past his man. If he CANNOT beat his coverage or his man then IMO we've seen all we need to see Dre'Mont Jones or Walker in at LDE.

2. Backend coverage: I know that so many here want to blame guys like Von and Chubb and even guys like Harris for not "getting there" that said we cannot keep ignoring this nonsense (see screencap below)

This is not the first time we've see this. In fact that was one of my BIGGEST issues with the game against the Raiders. We keep playing off our man. So lets say our DB's are playing 4 yards back or basically playing to try and keep them within the 1st down markers. Then the opposing team will simply throw the ball 5 yards and might gain 6 or 7. Two throws like that and they just keep marching down that field. Sound familiar? We NEED to adjust how we have our DBs cover. I think we have simply seen enough on film to show that it will not work with our defensive scheme. Team are also not getting jammed at the LOS. Before you say - "But Rich how can you possibly make that comment"---see below same play as above.

ALL of our back-end coverage is 5-6 yards BACK of the LOS. So that means that the opposing WR is getting to their spot anywhere from 3-6 yards from their starting spot without being touched. When I continue the tape and to watch the play (this is a somewhat common play so far this year) our DBs back pedal all the way back to the 1st down marker (or just inside it). Particularly on the bottom of the screen. So this gives the WR a free run to the 5-6 yard marker Gabriel (the WR who caught the pass) then spun and turned inside and gained 11 on the play for a 1st down.

So for me this is just as much about our back-end scheme as it is our rushers. IMO - the DB's and how they are being coached and the scheme we are playing is just not conducive to having success. The sad thing is I think we could have success and we could do MUCH better if we were to alter a few things. I think it would be polar opposite to what we are seeing now.
    Last edited by Rich_C; 09-16-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Bears threw the ball like 25 times in the entire game. You guys need to focus on stats less.

I am a massive pessimist when it comes to our team, and I am actually reeeeeally positive about how we are playing. We might even make the playoffs now, OLine issues aside.
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Some day somebody's gunna make you want to miss a block and say goodbye. Until then baby are you gunna let them get a sack and make you cry? Don't you know. Don't you know things can change. Things'll go your way. If you hold on for one more play. Can you hold on for one more play? Things'll go your way. Hold on for one more play.
    Haha mr heavy metal knows a wilson Phillips song? Ive got to say thats hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Haha mr heavy metal knows a wilson Phillips song? Ive got to say thats hilarious!
    There ain't a song I don't know. That includes dubstep. Dubstep never dies.