Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    You know the lotto numbers for this week too?

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    You know the lotto numbers for this week too?
    Sweet retort.

3-4 wins tops

Team is a disaster, at this point everyone has to go and it needs a dolphin-Esque rebuild. No building blocks at all. No future. Von will be done soon, might as well trade him now. Sutton ? Only piece I like long term and he will need to get paid before broncos are good again. Break it all down, clean house too to bottom. Start fresh.

Elway is a complete disaster. Fangio sucks. Thereís a reason he hasnít got a HC too he was 70

Quote Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
    Where are we trending in a good direction? What improvements are you seeing? Offensively, all we can do is kick FG's and can barely score a TD. We still get a ton of drive killing penalties even though the coaching staff is completely changed. I think we scored more with freaking Case Keenum, which is saying something. Defensively, we don't have any QB sacks and can barely get pressure. We still give up 4th and long conversions when the game is on the line. At least last year we were getting pressure and sacks. People didn't like VJ for whatever reason, and found fault with him even in wins. Now that he's gone, we're finding positives when to my eyes we look worse? I don't think the VJ era left us in a bad place. I think our issues pre-dated VJ and so far seem to post-date him too. Maybe our roster just hasn't been that good. We have some good pieces, but overall we are lacking. And with the rules designed to heavily favor the QB (and offense in general) in today's NFL, our biggest lack is franchise QB. What do all the top teams have in common?
    Bolles issues are Bolles issues. The other 4 were improved on what we saw in Oakland. The offense got Sanders involved early and often, that didn't happen last week. We got rid of most of the gimmick plays from last week. RBs were more involved in the passing game. Defensively, CHJ shadowed ARob today, which is a big shift. The run defense was improved. Safety play was much better. The VJ era definitely left us in a bad place. The culture became one of being unprepared and undisciplined. That time developed a losing culture. It takes time to build back up from that. Our issues pre dated VJ in the sense that Kubiak's health deteriorated to the point he had to miss a game. Even then, we were still in playoff contention. Denver had it's ideal coach for present and future in Kubiak, but health issues took that away. The reason why people didn't like VJ was because you would see the same issues appearing again and again, and his in game management cost us games. This year, I saw week 1 issues actually get fixed in week 2. If you have the right guy in the right system you can be successful. Look at Foles, perfect guy for that system and it got them a Superbowl in the playoffs. Now easier said that done, but I don't expect our system to be perfectly in place in week 2 with a new staff.

Unprepared And undisciplined???? We had. Delay of game at most crucial point of game lol missed the PAT and then got a roughing the passer call on game winning drive. Fangio is a disaster.

Jeez, only 1/8 into the season and I'm already mailing it in. On the plus side, my Sundays are now free
    Last edited by ArchAngel; 09-15-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I definitely saw improvement from week 1 to week 2. There are more growing pains than I had hoped for, but we are trending in a good direction. Reinforcements are on the way for the defense, and the offense showed some grit. The VJ era left us in a bad place, but we are making steps in a better direction. We still have issues, but these are necessary lumps. Good medicine is always bitter, but helps in the long run.
    John Elway left this roster in a bad place and he was responsible for hiring VJ. The roster is not as talented as some believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    John Elway left this roster in a bad place and he was responsible for hiring VJ. The roster is not as talented as some believe.
    Vance Joseph was a bad hire, and that's on Elway. Unfortunately the guy Elway had picked to run the franchise before VJ had to step away for health reasons. The roster may not have the most talent in the NFL, but it definitely has talent. Let's give the team more than 2 games, while missing multiple starters, to judge whether it's not as talented as beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Vance Joseph was a bad hire, and that's on Elway. Unfortunately the guy Elway had picked to run the franchise before VJ had to step away for health reasons. The roster may not have the most talent in the NFL, but it definitely has talent. Let's give the team more than 2 games, while missing multiple starters, to judge whether it's not as talented as beloved.
    Itís pretty bad. They hollowed this team out with the atrocious drafts in 2016 and 2017. I hope they can turn that around.

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Itís pretty bad. They hollowed this team out with the atrocious drafts in 2016 and 2017. I hope they can turn that around.
    2016 was a good draft...

Every other team always has a better reason to win than Denver. I said it last week and I will say it again today. If somebody has a sick younger sibling on the opposing team, that entire team rallies around them and if our team hears about it over the internet, they get afraid that the other team is going to play with a vengeance which is something that Denver has no recollection of. They haven't played with heart since Manning was here. To me, that means that these guys lack motivation and they are a bunch of scared sissycats. afraid of their own shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by jbones733 View Post
    Team is a disaster, at this point everyone has to go and it needs a dolphin-Esque rebuild. No building blocks at all. No future. Von will be done soon, might as well trade him now. Sutton ? Only piece I like long term and he will need to get paid before broncos are good again. Break it all down, clean house too to bottom. Start fresh.

Elway is a complete disaster. Fangio sucks. Thereís a reason he hasnít got a HC too he was 70
    I cannot understand why Von doesnít seem to be very motivated!

Khalil Mack disrupted things out there today and not only against Bolles but against Wilkenson as well.

Bradley Chubb looked angry and played like such a long with Derek Wolfe. I wasnít happy with how Wolfe looked in the beginning of todayís game but he picked it up.

Von for sure is not done but heís lacking motivation right now and I do not know if anybody else remembers but I remember Jack Del Rio calling out von Miller at one time saying he was a non-factor in games back in 2013 before his knee injury.

Itís almost as if Von needs Elvis Dumervil or DeMarcus Ware on the field in order to play with a high motor. And if that is the way things are then I would rather cut bait with him first before doing so with Chris Harris Jr.

Iíve also heard nothing but praise from Fangio in favor of Chubb but no praise at all for Von. In fact Iíve heard nothing but criticism for Von coming from Fangio.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-15-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Maybe I'm stupid but I still believe we can turn this season around. As bad as we've played so far we've barely lost and had a shot to win right at the end of both games. Get some of our injured guys back and maybe it gets better

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Maybe I'm stupid but I still believe we can turn this season around. As bad as we've played so far we've barely lost and had a shot to win right at the end of both games. Get some of our injured guys back and maybe it gets better
    Youíre a good man to look at this way and perhaps itís true but as long as Garrett Bolles is on the field, the odds will be stacked against us!