Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    I don't see five straight wins after Green Bay
    At this point, it's hard to envision 5 wins on the season in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Going back to 1980 there have been 173 teams to start a season 0-3, with only five of them going on to make the playoffs (less than 3%). The last team to start 0-3 and make the playoffs was the 1998 Bills, who followed their 0-3 start with five straight wins.
    The last team to do it was the 2018 Texans who started 0-3 and made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Of course Flacco is the problem. He's the 22nd rated passer in the league right now. Most teams are going to lose a lot with that level of QB play.
    The facts on our offense are that we are:
    #9 in 1st downs
    #4 in completions
    #1 in turnovers (with 76 other teams)
    #7 in plays
    #5 on passing 1st downs
    #15 in passing yards
    #18 (shared) in passing TDs
    #21 on rushing 1st downs
    #20 in rushing yards
    shared last in rushing TDs

I know that the hate on Flacco fills some of you with joy, but our rushing is bottom feeder, our passing moves the chains, our penalties hold us back and so does dropped passes and WRs playing tumble weeds.

Our defense is the only one in the league without sack. If judged by an objective measure like Pro Football Reference's expected points index (https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2019.htm) then the offense expected points impact over the two games was +22.04, defense expected points was -37.96 and special teams was -4.78 so the hate on the offense is totally misplaced, and the smear campaign is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The last team to do it was the 2018 Texans who started 0-3 and made the playoffs.
    Nice catch. Update: 6 of 174 teams to start 0-3 made the playoffs, 3.4%. I feel better now

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Going back to 1980 there have been 173 teams to start a season 0-3, with only five of them going on to make the playoffs (less than 3%). The last team to start 0-3 and make the playoffs was the 1998 Bills, who followed their 0-3 start with five straight wins.
    Well in 2011 when Tebow took over that chance was less than 1˝% and we were talking 5 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Well in 2011 when Tebow took over that chance was less than 1˝% and we were talking 5 teams.
    Maybe the same thing can happen when Lock inevitably takes over for Flacco?

Flacco and Orton are about on par with one another while Lock is significantly better than Tebow.

I think we'll have 1 or 2 wins by the bye week, potentially three but I think the Jags and Titans at home are our best bets for Ws. Maybe Cleveland on the road the week before the bye but I'm not confident.

If we roll into the bye at 2-7, I say Lock takes over and wins 3 games- Chargers Lions and Raiders at home. Vikings and Bill's road games potentially as well.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 09-18-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Flacco and Orton are about on par with one another while Lock is significantly better than Tebow.
    At some point you will probably figure out - as was evident in preseason - that Drew Lock is a poor mans Paxton Lynch!

If Lock is ever a NFL starting QB, that is a ways off (maybe 3 years). What our Broncos need to do now is concentrate on getting better every week.Once the units start trusting the guy next to them, playing as a unit, then we will start winning games. We can't expect a new coaching staff to come in and them to win right from the get go.
    BTW, I don't see the Green Bay game as a sure loss. They won a big game against a division rival and may be ripe for a stunning loss, maybe.
    As long as we improve each game, we will be logically expect a Super Bowl team right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

I think we'll have 1 or 2 wins by the bye week, potentially three but I think the Jags and Titans at home are our best bets for Ws. Maybe Cleveland on the road the week before the bye but I'm not confident.

If we roll into the bye at 2-7, I say Lock takes over and wins 3 games- Chargers Lions and Raiders at home. Vikings and Bill's road games potentially as well.
    I can't imagine the joy you would feel if your above scenario played out. I can't imagine disliking one player so much that you actively hope for a 2-7 record at the bye. Feel like we should all be pulling for Broncos wins here but I guess that doesn't apply to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I can't imagine the joy you would feel if your above scenario played out. I can't imagine disliking one player so much that you actively hope for a 2-7 record at the bye. Feel like we should all be pulling for Broncos wins here but I guess that doesn't apply to everyone.
    Instead of rooting for one’s team, more and more people root for scenario’s so they are right about their predictions. Basically they are fans of themselves, more important to be right than your team have success....... sad!

Chris Harris: “We have to find a way to play with the lead and score more than 14 points.”

Sanders: “We (the offense) did what we needed to do at the end of the game to win it.”

Sounds like the locker room rift is fracturing and will get worse with another loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Instead of rooting for one’s team, more and more people root for scenario’s so they are right about their predictions. Basically they are fans of themselves, more important to be right than your team have success....... sad!
    What do you think they would be posting if our defense played how most of us expected they would play this year (and our offensive line played better), and the Broncos were 2-0 right now?

Would they be celebrating?

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Chris Harris: “We have to find a way to play with the lead and score more than 14 points.”

Sanders: “We (the offense) did what we needed to do at the end of the game to win it.”

Sounds like the locker room rift is fracturing and will get worse with another loss.
    This happens probably every single year. Losing bottom feeder teams generally have poor locker room cohesion.

This team is making me sad. It really is not looking good. Winning in GB would go a long way for this team. I hope they have it in them, but it’s looking a little bleak.

On Kreckman and Lyndall today, they said if the Broncos get 4 wins or less this year (doomsday scenario), Elway should be fired and Lock should start asap (maybe by week 9?) so we can see if he can play. Their question was whether or not Ellis has the guts to fire Elway.

They claim the local fanbase would support firing Elway but the national media would be shocked. They also said that if the Broncos go 0-3, the doomsday scenario starts becoming realistic.