Well I Just Don't Know where to begin.....

0-2 to start after what I thought was really positive changes to the coaching staff and some personnel changes. I mean watching what this team is just makes me shake my damn head. Just a few years ago this team had an identity, put fear into people and people knew the Broncos could hang with anyone. After two games its abundantly evident this team has ZERO identity and with a refusal to solidify one other teams will create one for you. So what is it so far...

- Indifferent Vanilla: Yes, that is right, indifferent vanilla. NO passion, no intensity, no energy, no boost

I want to see emotion from the coaching staff. Where is the holding people responsible part in this.

Actually, I want to blame Bryce Callahan for our season so far. HIs inability to play, has thrust Montana School of the blind MVP Issac Yiadom into the starting role and he has been nothing short of spectacularly horrible

Garrett Bolles: My god can this guy play worse??? Doubt it. 26 holding penalties in 3 years, oh good lord. Can we get Schofield back? On top of that just watch his play back on replay sometime. Not only holding, but the guy looks lost most of the time.

Joe Flacco: My god a bright spot. Thank goodness we have this guy or we would be even worse.

Emmanuel Sanders: The lifeblood of this team. If we did not have him I am not sure we would have a pulse on offense.

So this team has NO SACKS OR TURNOVERS thru 8 quarters of football. Good god, isn't this why we hired Fangio?

I am so bewildered with this team.
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

If nothing else, this indicates to me that we had more problems than Vance Joseph, last year. And I can't help but think that VJ is smiling over our first two games.

Couldn't agree more that Flacco and Sanders are two of the bright spots on this team.

There are additional bright spots. Freeman is playing strong and brings the intensity. Lindsay doesnít have the breakout runs yet but I believe heís playing hard. Sutton is also putting himself on the line - not perfect but glad heís on this team. I think Wilkinson did fairly well in his first start this season, although I havenít gone back to watch the tape of his work.

There are a few pieces to work with however, not enough.

Elway should have traded Von Miller in the off season. I donít think thereís much value but itís not too late for a trade. The value would be saving the cap space over the next few seasons. Vonís cap number totals $73 million from 2019-21. Heís 30 and no longer an elite player or just not putting out the effort, maybe both. The tape on Von over the last two games is revealing. Heís lost a step and has little impact. Teams rarely need to double team him. Get as much as you can from a trade and save the cap space.

Derek Wolfe is an UFA after 2019 and he better be gone. Heís a liability with penalties and no longer a quality player.

Ronald Leary is under contract however his cap hit is only $875k with savings of $8.5 million in 2020. Leary better be gone after the season. Use the cap savings for other free agents. Move on after this season.

Although Chris Harris Jr is 30, use the savings from cutting Leary and trading Von to make him a two year deal with a 3rd year option. CHJ is still playing well and I believe heís more valuable to the defense than Von.

Sanders is an UFA after 2019. While he is playing hard heís 32. At best sign him to a two year team friendly deal. I would prefer going younger by drafting another WR.

Definitely need another TE. Fant is developing but that might take a couple of seasons.

On defense, use the cap savings from trading Von to bolster ILB, CB and DL.

Lastly, get Lock ready to start in 2020. Flacco isnít the answer, certainly not for the salary on his contract. He played decent today but 2 TDs and 1 INT over two games wonít win enough games. Start the process of developing your quarterback when Lock is healthy.

Itís time to take the next step of rebuilding the roster.

This situation is exactly what some people predicted and expected. All new coaches, some of them not only new here but new to their positions. Players learning a new system some of our mediocre talent is not built for. Yet another new and unspectacular QB. Continued line problems on both sides of the ball. It goes on, and as predicted, people are freaking out. Some were freaking out by the end of the first quarter of the Raiders game. All this was expected, and on schedule. The team has not meshed and likely wonít until midway through the season, or even next season. This is all normal and unavoidable. Also, people keep saying we should just enter full rebuilding mode. Newsflash: we have been in rebuilding mode since the Superbowl 50 after which many of the best players on our defense left to make more money, and we had no starting QB. Letís not act surprised. This was obvious and expected.

Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    This situation is exactly what some people predicted and expected. All new coaches, some of them not only new here but new to their positions. Players learning a new system some of our mediocre talent is not built for. Yet another new and unspectacular QB. Continued line problems on both sides of the ball. It goes on, and as predicted, people are freaking out. Some were freaking out by the end of the first quarter of the Raiders game. All this was expected, and on schedule. The team has not meshed and likely wonít until midway through the season, or even next season. This is all normal and unavoidable. Also, people keep saying we should just enter full rebuilding mode. Newsflash: we have been in rebuilding mode since the Superbowl 50 after which many of the best players on our defense left to make more money, and we had no starting QB. Letís not act surprised. This was obvious and expected.
    Disagree. It is avoidable with a competent GM.

I do, it's John Elway. This refusal to commit to a rebuild will once again lead us down the path of a wasted season, where we produce a losing record, wasting snaps on a veteran passer who has a limited future in the league, while overpaying veteran players who are passed their expiry date.

I would be more than fine losing games, taking a losing record, and looking bad, if it meant developing a young quarterback, and committing to a youth movement, but Elway wont do that. It seems like the fan base is slowly getting on board with what some of us have been saying for years now, we have an untalented roster.

Once again the problems which were advertised in the off-season are unsurprisingly, our problems. Ronald Leary and Garrett Bolles are just flat out bad, Derek Wolfe is mediocre, we have no impact players at the safety position, our inside linebacking core is weak, we have no interior pass rushers, we have no depth at wide reciever, etc.

I am not writing this season off just yet, I still feel like we can compete for a playoff spot, and I think our offense will improve with time, but I said after the Flacco move Elway made, if we don't qualify for the playoffs when he once again has went with a veteran retread, I want him fired. Unfortunately, it looks like we are on that path already after 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I do, it's John Elway. This refusal to commit to a rebuild will once again lead us down the path of a wasted season, where we produce a losing record, wasting snaps on a veteran passer who has a limited future in the league, while overpaying veteran players who are passed their expiry date.

I would be more than fine losing games, taking a losing record, and looking bad, if it meant developing a young quarterback, and committing to a youth movement, but Elway wont do that. It seems like the fan base is slowly getting on board with what some of us have been saying for years now, we have an untalented roster.

Once again the problems which were advertised in the off-season are unsurprisingly, our problems. Ronald Leary and Garrett Bolles are just flat out bad, Derek Wolfe is mediocre, we have no impact players at the safety position, our inside linebacking core is weak, we have no interior pass rushers, we have no depth at wide reciever, etc.

I am not writing this season off just yet, I still feel like we can compete for a playoff spot, and I think our offense will improve with time, but I said after the Flacco move Elway made, if we don't qualify for the playoffs when he once again has went with a veteran retread, I want him fired. Unfortunately, it looks like we are on that path already after 2 games.
    I think more of the fan base is beginning to see whatís happened. It is no coincidence based on the decisions by John Elway. Some people perceive restructuring contracts with Von Miller and Joe Flacco as shrewd moves. They were band aids to defer the cost of bad contracts with other free agents (Donald Stephenson, Menelik Watson, Brandon Marshall. etc.). Many fans praise the 2018-2019 drafts while overlooking the preceding bad drafts. Itís easy to blame Vance Joseph for the back to back losing seasons. VJ had little to nothing to do with the roster. VJ didnít have a strong track record of success and Elway hired him anyway.

Elwayís only chance this season is for Vic Fangio to coach the roster to 7-8 wins. Iím not sure Joe Ellis has the brass to fire Elway. But this franchise has fallen hard. Elway is 100% to blame.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-15-2019 at 10:37 PM.