Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Going Back in Time

I mentioned this offseason that if it were up to me we would have went into rebuild mode. I suggested trading Von, Sanders, and CHJ but mainly trading Von while he still had value. This would also entail releasing Wolfe, not trading for Flacco, or signing Jackson( because of age). We are 0-2 and while Iím not in panic mode I donít believe we are going to good enough to win many games this year.

We should have spent this offseason building a top oline and preparing for a bad season where we would be selecting top 5 and able to get our QB of the future and having the cap space to build around him and an oline to give him a chance.

Seeing what you see now, what would you have done differently this offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I mentioned this offseason that if it were up to me we would have went into rebuild mode. I suggested trading Von, Sanders, and CHJ but mainly trading Von while he still had value. This would also entail releasing Wolfe, not trading for Flacco, or signing Jackson( because of age). We are 0-2 and while Iím not in panic mode I donít believe we are going to good enough to win many games this year.

We should have spent this offseason building a top oline and preparing for a bad season where we would be selecting top 5 and able to get our QB of the future and having the cap space to build around him and an oline to give him a chance.

Elway did spend the off-season building up the line. Signed James and drafted Risner. Nobody can blame him for sticking with Bolles. By signing munchak he was supposed to rework his poor mechanics. It's clear bolles is uncoachable and we need to look for his replacement now.

As far as trading Von and Harris I think it's time to get what we can so we have the draft capital we need to land the best LT, LB and DT we can find

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Elway did spend the off-season building up the line. Signed James and drafted Risner. Nobody can blame him for sticking with Bolles. By signing munchak he was supposed to rework his poor mechanics. It's clear bolles is uncoachable and we need to look for his replacement now.

As far as trading Von and Harris I think it's time to get what we can so we have the draft capital we need to land the best LT, LB and DT we can find
    Thereís no right or wrong answer to this. I was just stating what I wanted to do/ if I could go back what Iíd do. We did address the oline in Risner and James but we could have signed Paradis for around $8m per year or draft C Bradbury instead of Fant. We could have paid RT Brown from Oak over James. Better RT too.

We should of committed to a re-build 3 years ago, the writing has been on the wall, some of us have been saying it for years now. The talent on this roster has been slowly dwindling away both through player movement and skill decline, and the dead weight is taking up to much of the cap. Elway has handed out terrible contracts, poorly managed the money, and despite back to back solid drafts, the years of bad ones have all added up. Elway is on his last legs in my opinion, and I am 100% fine with moving on from him at seasons end. My only worry is if we bring in a new general manager, do we once again go with a new head coach ? Because a new general manager means he will want everything his way and rightfully so. This organisation right now isn't in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    We should of committed to a re-build 3 years ago, the writing has been on the wall, some of us have been saying it for years now. The talent on this roster has been slowly dwindling away both through player movement and skill decline, and the dead weight is taking up to much of the cap. Elway has handed out terrible contracts, poorly managed the money, and despite back to back solid drafts, the years of bad ones have all added up. Elway is on his last legs in my opinion, and I am 100% fine with moving on from him at seasons end. My only worry is if we bring in a new general manager, do we once again go with a new head coach ? Because a new general manager means he will want everything his way and rightfully so. This organisation right now isn't in a good place.
    I agree with everything you said. Elway needed to go long time ago. Get someone new and intune with the today's nfl.

I wouldíve cut Wolfe, got C.J. Mosley, signed Earl Thomas over Kareem Jackson. I wouldnít have traded for Joe Flacco either. I probably would keep the rest of the offseason the same.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I wouldíve cut Wolfe, got C.J. Mosley, signed Earl Thomas over Kareem Jackson. I wouldnít have traded for Joe Flacco either. I probably would keep the rest of the offseason the same.
    Wouldnít have been opposed of the first part. Might be with the second depending on who you have playing QB?

Wouldnít have been opposed of the first part. Might be with the second depending on who you have playing QB?
    Iíd probably just roll with Lock and deal with the growing pains, maybe a much cheaper bridge QB. I think thatís the way we need to rebuild. Stop kicking the can down the road with these expensive bridge QBs, take your lumps with the young kid and build the team around him. This would likely set us up with a high enough draft pick to address the LT issue and we could compete the next season.

Only thing is, I donít think Thomas or Mosley would come here without that QB already on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I would’ve cut Wolfe, got C.J. Mosley, signed Earl Thomas over Kareem Jackson. I wouldn’t have traded for Joe Flacco either. I probably would keep the rest of the offseason the same.
    Would you have made James the highest paid right tackle in NFL history at the time ? He had a solid career in Miami, is still quite young, and the market dictated that type of contract, but I didn't think that move was a smart one at the time, and now in hindsight, just like he was in Miami, he is injured here.

Would you have made James the highest paid right tackle in NFL history at the time ? He had a solid career in Miami, is still quite young, and the market dictated that type of contract, but I didn't think that move was a smart one at the time, and now in hindsight, just like he was in Miami, he is injured here.
    I would have gone after RT Brown

any one can go back in time and say we need or we should have done this. i mean i know there Dak was coming out i wanted him bad and had him in the second round in alot of my mocks.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I like Brown more but I question his fit in the zone scheme so Iíd probably stick with James. I actually wanted Greg Robinson but he never made it to the market.

I personally wouldn't have spent any money on tackle, the draft was a solid option this year running into the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I have wanted to double dip at offensive line for years now, and would still love to do it next year.

I personally wouldn't have spent any money on tackle, the draft was a solid option this year running into the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I have wanted to double dip at offensive line for years now, and would still love to do it next year.
    I'm surprised we didnt this year. Given Munchak's penchant for developing late round OL, I'm surprised there was no double dipping.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'm surprised we didnt this year. Given Munchak's penchant for developing late round OL, I'm surprised there was no double dipping.
    Having the highest paid RT get injured early on in the season and not having much depth behind him seemed foreseeable for most of us. Still I am glad they tried to be aggressive in FA but still I wish they got more depth in the draft