Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Come on now Rap!! You know baphs only criticizes Elway under a microscope, Telesco has had to deal with injuries lol!!!!!!
    look at the talent difference between the two teams overall.......look at the coaching staff difference.......NUFF SAID.

arapaho, you should go with 58miller to GD and defend elway against all the broncos fans that seem to agree with me

been telling you fools for years and that is why you are here defending your position, you are not football intelligent enough to realize that manning and wade Philips were the key factors. one of those guys was allowed to straight up walk for nothing, who wanted to stay.

good job elway!!!
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-17-2019 at 01:36 PM.

The argument for him being currently one of the worst general managers is valid, despite what he done in the early years after acquiring Manning. But in terms of who to move onto, it's always a hard one to talk about candidates because if they are not in that top chair, you don't know exactly what their roles have been, and you don't exactly know their philosophy.

A couple interesting candidates are in the Vikings building. Geroge Paton has been getting interest for years and turning down opportunities left and right. His background is in the Pro Scouting Department, however he is apparently heavily involved in the scouting of draft prospects in Minesota, and holds the title of Vice President, Player Personnel/Assistant General Manager. The Director of College Scouting in Minesota has had some interest in recent years as well, Jamaal Stephenson is his name.

Looking at the Vikings drafts over the past decade, you have to like what you see for the most part. They seem to place a premium on linebackers and defensive backs early on, prefer to address offensive skills positions in the middle to later rounds, and don't seem to spend big cash on free agent players. Obviously the Kirk Cousins move looks incredibly foolish, and I was not a fan of that, but the Vikings appear to be run pretty well, and have some respected candidates to offer up.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    The argument for him being currently one of the worst general managers is valid, despite what he done in the early years after acquiring Manning. But in terms of who to move onto, it's always a hard one to talk about candidates because if they are not in that top chair, you don't know exactly what their roles have been, and you don't exactly know their philosophy.

A couple interesting candidates are in the Vikings building. Geroge Paton has been getting interest for years and turning down opportunities left and right. His background is in the Pro Scouting Department, however he is apparently heavily involved in the scouting of draft prospects in Minesota, and holds the title of Vice President, Player Personnel/Assistant General Manager. The Director of College Scouting in Minesota has had some interest in recent years as well, Jamaal Stephenson is his name.

Looking at the Vikings drafts over the past decade, you have to like what you see for the most part. They seem to place a premium on linebackers and defensive backs early on, prefer to address offensive skills positions in the middle to later rounds, and don't seem to spend big cash on free agent players. Obviously the Kirk Cousins move looks incredibly foolish, and I was not a fan of that, but the Vikings appear to be run pretty well, and have some respected candidates to offer up.
    I’d say he’d definitely get a look from the Broncos front office if and when the time comes and hopefully Eliss would be willing to pay him his worth because you always get what you pay for.

Great post!
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    this is idiotic, first of all lynn's record as the head coach is 22-12 so that answers your dumb question right there.

second of all, telesco go extended in 2016 because the talent on the team was evident, even though they were decimated by injuries. the problem was never talent but in denver it is, offensively at least. getting the right staff in place is another issue elway has and telesco does not.

elway cannot build an offense, it's obvious. also, elways record since manning retired is what exactly? i told you the moment that happened that it would be elways truest test as a GM and you all lost your minds because you just won the SB.

since then elway has gone 20-28 and its not looking like its going to get better any time soon. yet here you are defending him to your last dying homer breath lol (figuratively speaking)

why did mike shanahan get fired? he won 2 SB's as the coach and GM after all. keep defending elway as the GM, please keep him there....PLEASE!
    Can you read? Seriously, or is it your open lack of comprehension

We’re talking about elway as the GM

Whom you criticize daily

I asked you those questions
    Pretty sure they were easily grasped and understood, at least to most

Try again sonny

Did you call for his head when despite having a franchise QB, would have missed the post season his 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th an 5th seasons as the gm if the chiefs did not rest their entire first team in the matchup with the bolts of week 17 2013 ???

I doubt it

Did you call for telesco head in 2017 when Lynn went 3-6 to start ?

No .. yes??

Has telesco accomplished anything at all as the GM ?

And yet you sit here criticizing our GM
    Last edited by arapaho; 09-17-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post

This is an awesome well thought out response John. Thank you for not just whining to fire Elway but actually having a plan. It’s the anybody but Elway group I directed this thread at, not fans who have actually thought it out and not only want to move on from Elway but believe their are candidates who can better our team.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 09-17-2019 at 05:50 PM.

This thread should be renamed, The SamZ v 58Miller argument thread.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

The Broncos are 20-30 since winning the SB. Their OL is bad, their QB is bad and their D is aging rapidly. I hope Elway sticks around forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    This thread should be renamed, The SamZ v 58Miller argument thread.
    Sam Z already won the argument.him and Baphs got things all figured out. Once Elway is gone anybody will be better and the future will be bright!!!!!!

Meanwhile I’m focused on the Green Bay game, I’m crazy enough to think the rag tag players Elway has assembled can some how find a way to win this game.

look at the talent difference between the two teams overall.......look at the coaching staff difference.......NUFF SAID.
    Yet the Chargers are 1-1 after only scoring 10 pts against the Detroit Lions
    Last edited by 58Miller; 09-17-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Sam Z already won the argument.him and Baphs got things all figured out. Once Elway is gone anybody will be better and the future will be bright!!!!!!

Meanwhile I’m focused on the Green Bay game, I’m crazy enough to think the rag tag players Elway has assembled can some how find a way to win this game.
    Not anybody, but somebody!

I trust the broncos brass will find someone who’s very good and very qualified.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-17-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Everybody who wants Elway gone now that we aren’t a front runner.
    List who you would hire, and why they would turn this team around.
    Don’t say Bill Belichek or somebody that is in a good position now. You want Elway gone fine, but add a name and a plan or shut your mouths!!
    I remember celebrating Super Bowl 50 but apparently that was too long for many of you. I’d love to hear from you too, Baphs since you consider him one of the worst GM’s as well.
    My

Throw in the towel after 2 games? IMO, any Bronco fan who thinks that should be ashamed! I am 100% with you 58Miller. I really thought true dedicated Bronco fans were united in supporting the historically superb Denver Bronco franchise no matter what during any given season. We don't give up. Period! We're 0-2...it's painful...so what! How many teams through NFL history can claim what Elway has provided this great franchise as a player and a GM. Not perfect but pretty amazing. Even if we go 0-16 then so be it. That would be horrible but that will not happen. No way!

The 2019 Broncos with all the huge changes from 2018 are in essence a new team trying to obtain a new positive and quality direction.
    Falling down and getting back up, learning from the mistakes and focus on correcting them, maintaining a positive attitude no matter what challenges you face day by day, game by game creates confidence to not give up and strength as a team will begin to happen.
    Be proud, hold your head up high! You're a Denver Bronco!

We all know very well John Elway is NOT in any way a quitter. He stayed with the same team for 16 years through thick and thin. Very few players do that these days, if any. Losing three super bowls in a row proves that and then to persevere and win back to back super bowls with MVP status and eventually a third as a GM....well how great is that to witness and celebrate as a Denver Bronco fan! Very cool!

The great John Elway should 100% be allowed to finish this season in his capacity as the Broncos GM regardless of how the season ends.
    If he deserves to be dismissed on Monday 30 Dec 2019, OK. I can live with that knowing as the saying goes..."all good things must come to an end". And John Elway has been a "very good thing." AKA, "a damn great football human being." Thank you John!
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 09-17-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Can you read? Seriously, or is it your open lack of comprehension

We’re talking about elway as the GM

Whom you criticize daily

I asked you those questions
    Pretty sure they were easily grasped and understood, at least to most

Try again sonny

Did you call for his head when despite having a franchise QB, would have missed the post season his 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th an 5th seasons as the gm if the chiefs did not rest their entire first team in the matchup with the bolts of week 17 2013 ???

I doubt it

Did you call for telesco head in 2017 when Lynn went 3-6 to start ?

No .. yes??

Has telesco accomplished anything at all as the GM ?

And yet you sit here criticizing our GM
    i answered your dumb biased questions, can you read? telesco has done his job, hes brought in talent on both sides of the ball and when healthy the chargers are one of the more talented rosters in the league, the broncos are not. the chargers also have a good coaching staff in place and the broncos? i guess you can say the jury is still out on this new one but it hasn't looked good at all since winning that SB, manning retiring, and failway letting wade walk for absolutely no reason.

you keep defending him arapaho but he keeps running your team into the ground. but hey! the broncos had success when manning was there so keep him around, by all means, i'm all for it!

if/when elway is gone you will blindly support whoever the new GM would be anyways man, what difference does it make?

if/when elway is gone you will blindly support whoever the new GM would be anyways man, what difference does it make?
    I don’t know how you view being a fan, but I choose to be a broncos fan, it’s not a political party. Football teams win and lose period!!!!
    My job is to support the team, that doesn’t mean I like every move they make, it means that’s my team and I’m going down with the ship. It’s what being a true football fan is all about.
    Their are other forms of fans:
    Fair weather: come out of the woodwork when the team is doing well, disappear when they are down. ( just like No Ring)

Bandwagon: this sounds like the kind of fan you think i should be baphs, only support teams u agree with or can get behind which really means a front running team. The Patriots have added many over the years. Seattle, and I see more Chiefs gear than ever all the sudden.

I’m a ride or die fan: at some point between 7 years old and now i decided i was married to the Denver Broncos good or bad.

BTW: baphs you have supported one of the worst ran franchises in the history of the nfl you shouldn’t look down on me or any other team accept maybe the Lions.....oh wait they just beat you lol!!!!
    Last edited by 58Miller; 09-18-2019 at 10:06 AM.