Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 394
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Neither are the people who are being critical of the team, the people you told to "shut their mouths", and told to leave, because you disagree with them, why bother saying it. I will say, you are a great cheerleader, football understanding isn't your strong point, but you are a better blind follower of this team than I. Also, call it hindsight if you like, but I have argued with you before each of the past off-season about these issues, the writing was on the wall, the criticism has been around before the team produced poor results. It's ironic though, calling for whinges to stop whinging while whinging about them, and telling them to leave over a disagreement, you look grown man, time to grow up.
    Has your criticism changed anything?
    Your a fan like me. Nothing we say effects this team.

    If you want to effect the team don’t watch the games, don’t go to games, and don’t buy merchandise. Effect the bottom line of the team. Emmanuel Sanders wasn’t happy and asked for a trade. Just like him you don’t have to stay a bronco fan, you can always come back when Elway is gone and this GM you can’t name but are positive is out there, who doesn’t miss on draft picks, and plays rookie QBs on IR.

    You love to criticize, but don’t want to hear criticism.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,345
    So this morning, there is this talk of the FO not having any intention of going QB in the 2020 draft. If it was a public statement, we’d all agree that it was a smoke screen.

    Anyway the discussion was “don’t expect Drew Lock to be activated this season” otherwise there may be a public outcry to get him into the field.

    John believes Lock is the guy however if he plays Lock to early (before he is ready) Lock would greatly under perform and the team would be under extreme pressure to go QB in the 2020 draft.

    I may be going out on a limb here but wouldn’t there be extreme pressure for them to go QB regardless if Lock plays or not?

    I guess there is a fear of losing even more of the fan base if Lock didn’t perform well. Some would consider it another QB miss.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So this morning, there is this talk of the FO not having any intention of going QB in the 2020 draft. If it was a public statement, we’d all agree that it was a smoke screen.

    Anyway the discussion was “don’t expect Drew Lock to be activated this season” otherwise there may be a public outcry to get him into the field.

    John believes Lock is the guy however if he plays Lock to early (before he is ready) Lock would greatly under perform and the team would be under extreme pressure to go QB in the 2020 draft.

    I may be going out on a limb here but wouldn’t there be extreme pressure for them to go QB regardless if Lock plays or not?

    I guess there is a fear of losing even more of the fan base if Lock didn’t perform well. Some would consider it another QB miss.
    Hahahaha!!!!!
    So Lock is a bust according to all those crying for him to start despite being on IR.

    That doesn’t mean anything, they would have called Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and PAT Mahomes all busts as well.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Hahahaha!!!!!
    So Lock is a bust according to all those crying for him to start despite being on IR.

    That doesn’t mean anything, they would have called Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and PAT Mahomes all busts as well.
    The fear is that he won’t be given a fair shot by the fan base if he was to take the field and under perform therefore John would end up in even more hot water or thin ice with the fan base.

    I’d say that they should draft a top QB either way if they end up picking in the top 5 again.
    However, there is reason to believe that John doesn’t want to do that.

    I think the best thing for John to do would be to draft another QB and then trading lock on draft day however I’m not sure what the compensation would be at this point in time.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The fear is that he won’t be given a fair shot by the fan base if he was to take the field and under perform therefore John would end up in even more hot water or thin ice with the fan base.

    I’d say that they should draft a top QB either way if they end up picking in the top 5 again.
    However, there is reason to believe that John doesn’t want to do that.

    I think the best thing for John to do would be to draft another QB and then trading lock on draft day however I’m not sure what the compensation would be at this point in time.
    He won’t be given a fair shot?
    He got reps in preseason. It was clear he wasn’t ready to start. Since then he has been rehabbing an injury.
    Where is the unfair treatment?

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The fear is that he won’t be given a fair shot by the fan base if he was to take the field and under perform therefore John would end up in even more hot water or thin ice with the fan base.

    I’d say that they should draft a top QB either way if they end up picking in the top 5 again.
    However, there is reason to believe that John doesn’t want to do that.

    I think the best thing for John to do would be to draft another QB and then trading lock on draft day however I’m not sure what the compensation would be at this point in time.


    I can buy that, if they activate lock and because of the injury, missing all this time and practice, and then start him before hes ready and he looks bad...then fans will be screaming to draft a qb in 2020

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He won’t be given a fair shot?
    If he’s brought back onto the active roster, the fan base and media will call for him to start, (that is the belief).

    Ok that same fan base and media members will later demand that Elway drafts a new QB come April assuming lock does not perform well.
    Elway nor the front office want that head ache.

    Right now they are under the impression that Drew lock is their guy of the future therefore they are not really planning on drafting another QB come April.

    Quote Originally Posted by 58 Miller
    He got reps in preseason. It was clear he wasn’t ready to start. Since then he has been rehabbing an injury.
    Where is the unfair treatment?
    We saw him play but not enough to give a fair evaluation. The unfair treatment would come from an impatient fan base and Denver media that would expect Herbert, Tua, Fromm, Hurts etc. if Lock under performs as a rookie!

    But would it really be considered unfair if we have the number 3 pick and chose to draft Tua or Herbert even though we have Lock?

    95 percent of other nfl franchises would draft either of those guys over lock anyway!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-25-2019 at 08:22 AM.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So this morning, there is this talk of the FO not having any intention of going QB in the 2020 draft. If it was a public statement, we’d all agree that it was a smoke screen.

    Anyway the discussion was “don’t expect Drew Lock to be activated this season” otherwise there may be a public outcry to get him into the field.

    John believes Lock is the guy however if he plays Lock to early (before he is ready) Lock would greatly under perform and the team would be under extreme pressure to go QB in the 2020 draft.

    I may be going out on a limb here but wouldn’t there be extreme pressure for them to go QB regardless if Lock plays or not?

    I guess there is a fear of losing even more of the fan base if Lock didn’t perform well. Some would consider it another QB miss.



    They want that LT. Whitworth or something. Now lock will have a solid LT to get his punches in. If he sucks, we will be right in line for Trevor Lawerence the following year. Which is also why they leaked that they may get lock the last game or two of the season if we are out of it.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    You create threads whinging about people whinging, then tell people to stop whinging. Forums are for discussion, often why they are referred to as "discussion boards". So, if you can't handle people looking at the team realistically and being rightfully critical without getting upset due to your ultra homersism, I think you should take your own advice and stop posting here. God knows the IQ of the place would dramatically increase.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If he’s brought back onto the active roster, the fan base and media will call for him to start, (that is the belief).

    Ok that same fan base and media members will later demand that Elway drafts a new QB come April assuming lock does not perform well.
    Elway nor the front office want that head ache.

    Right now they are under the impression that Drew lock is their guy of the future therefore they are not really planning on drafting another QB come April.



    We saw him play but not enough to give a fair evaluation. The unfair treatment would come from an impatient fan base and Denver media that would expect Herbert, Tua, Fromm, Hurts etc. if Lock under performs as a rookie!

    But would it really be considered unfair if we have the number 3 pick and chose to draft Tua or Herbert even though we have Lock?

    95 percent of other nfl franchises would draft either of those guys over lock anyway!
    A lot could happen. Making decisions right now based on what might happen next year in the draft is a waste of time.
    The team has 9 games left. The team needs to focus on getting better. So they can decide who they need to replace and who they can count on.
    If Lock is the guy, he will be the guy whether he starts week 9, 14 or next season.
    He will get an opportunity to practice.
    Elway has decided he wants to wait before he starts the clock on Lock.
    We all got to be patient.

    We have a football game Sunday and another opportunity to improve as a team.
    That’s where a dummy like me will be focused!
    Unlike many of our fellow posters I don’t think I can run the Broncos better than Elway.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Hahahaha!
    Seriously Baphs,
    There are a lot of bronco fans who you should recruit. They definitely would agree with you John Elway has never accomplished anything and Telesco is a way better GM.
    Get to work man you gotta start filling seats for that new stadium your SB roster team will play in next year.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    A lot could happen. Making decisions right now based on what might happen next year in the draft is a waste of time.
    The team has 9 games left. The team needs to focus on getting better. So they can decide who they need to replace and who they can count on.
    If Lock is the guy, he will be the guy whether he starts week 9, 14 or next season.
    He will get an opportunity to practice.
    Elway has decided he wants to wait before he starts the clock on Lock.
    We all got to be patient.

    We have a football game Sunday and another opportunity to improve as a team.
    That’s where a dummy like me will be focused!
    Unlike many of our fellow posters I don’t think I can run the Broncos better than Elway.
    The funny thing is, is that nobody here claimed that they can run the Broncos any better than John Elway.

    The reality is that there are better people out there like Adam Peters for instance that can run the team with far greater success than John Elway, I mean considering that he’s set the bar so damn low.

    Better executives, better management, better player evaluators, that is what we are calling for.

    Yes I understand that John helped to win five division titles and helped to win a Super Bowl.
    However He did not do it all on his own, he had a lot of help. Help that he dismissed just a year later.

    Now the reality is that many here need to stop living in the past because John is far from putting a successful product out there right now.

    Take a look at Arizona, they have a rookie head coach, a five foot eight starting quarter back and Vance Joseph calling the defense and they’ve still won more games than Elways broncos have this season.

    The freaking Arizona Cardinals have had more success than the great executive that gets all the credit over Manning, Wade, Kubiak, and Fox!

    Let that sink In

    Oh and it is not a whine, it is 100 percent fact!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-25-2019 at 01:23 PM.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The funny thing is, is that nobody here claimed that they can run the Broncos any better than John Elway.

    The reality is that there are better people out there like Adam Peters for instance that can run the team with far greater success than John Elway, I mean considering that he’s set the bar so damn low.

    Better executives, better management, better player evaluators, that is what we are calling for.

    Yes I understand that John helped to win five division titles and helped to win a Super Bowl.
    However He did not do it all on his own, he had a lot of help. Help that he dismissed just a year later.

    Now the reality is that many here need to stop living in the past because John is far from putting a successful product out there right now.

    Take a look at Arizona, they have a rookie head coach, a five foot eight starting quarter back and Vance Joseph calling the defense and they’ve still won more games than Elways broncos have this season.

    The freaking Arizona Cardinals have had more success than the great executive that gets all the credit over Manning, Wade, Kubiak, and Fox!

    Let that sink In

    Oh and it is not a whine, it is 100 percent fact!

    come on that's some weak cherry picking

    their three wins were against teams with a combined 3-18 record, and all three are in the bottom five of not only total defense but scoring defense

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    come on that's some weak cherry picking

    their three wins were against teams with a combined 3-18 record, and all three are in the bottom five of not only total defense but scoring defense
    Lol and who has Denver beaten? Your point is?

    Don’t even try and say that Elways broncos are better than Kingsburys Cardinals, don’t make yourself that much of a homer. I’ve told you before have some dang self respect

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,752
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Has your criticism changed anything?
    Your a fan like me. Nothing we say effects this team.

    If you want to effect the team don’t watch the games, don’t go to games, and don’t buy merchandise. Effect the bottom line of the team. Emmanuel Sanders wasn’t happy and asked for a trade. Just like him you don’t have to stay a bronco fan, you can always come back when Elway is gone and this GM you can’t name but are positive is out there, who doesn’t miss on draft picks, and plays rookie QBs on IR.

    You love to criticize, but don’t want to hear criticism.
    No thank you, I'll hang around. I just find playing the better fan card, telling people who disagree with you to go away, and asking people to "shut their mouths" because it hurts your feelings quite pathetic, that's all. Continue on with your commentary, real insightful quality stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •