Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 167
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    you think the Chiefs will stand in their way? Why is this?
    I said well played, it was funny what he said.
    Nothing more than that.....

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,922
    Under Elway our draft picks havent been stellar by any means...... at the same time, our team is not in salary cap hell, nor have we traded away all of our future assets. I like our last two classes potential and if Lock ends up showing he can play long-term then that's a home run.
    Elway deserves a chance to dig out of this hole.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    456
    You guys know good and well you would be nowhere without Elway. You have to stay loyal to him and stick with him no matter what he does. Even if he sells the farm...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,734
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    You guys know good and well you would be nowhere without Elway. You have to stay loyal to him and stick with him no matter what he does. Even if he sells the farm...
    I see what you did there..,,...

    I agree, stick with elway no matter what he does!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    You guys know good and well you would be nowhere without Elway. You have to stay loyal to him and stick with him no matter what he does. Even if he sells the farm...
    Here’s a thought, stick with him through the season since he is the GM. And not throw tantrums like spoiled brats cause your team is 0-2

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,019
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I see what you did there..,,...

    I agree, stick with elway no matter what he does!
    Why wouldn’t a rival fan say this, it actually does speak volumes without actually stating the obvious.

    I keep hearing about how he put together the greatest offense of all time.

    In all actuality, he put together the greatest offense of all time for one single season with the help of one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and Peyton Manning.

    It was also under his watch when football players with high IQs were allowed to leave Denver in guys such as Matt Paradis, Zane Beatles, JD Walton, Russel Okung etc.

    He’s gone cheap by replacing those players with the likes of Ty Sambralio, Conor McGovern, Michael Schofield, Garrett Bolles.

    I’ve given him whatever credit he deserves for the good things he’s done but it is getting to a point in time where enough is enough with the excuses, he’s the common denominator now and soon a lot of our veterans are coming off the books/next year, Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Harris jr, Von Miller, Derek work etc.

    Now I know Joe Eliss will not fire him and I’m not saying that he should, but as a football fan and not an AFC west rival, is it in the best interest of the Denver Broncos to allow John Elway to start over and screw things up again?

    Joe Eliss seems to be forcing John Elway to suffer through the mess that he’s made but it’s kind of far fetched to believe that Joe is willing to go through this all again with the same guy and his failed attempts and that is why I say he will step down if they lose 10 games or more after this season when a ton of salary cap space will open up and a new GM will have a better shot at fixing things.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-17-2019 at 09:40 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,255
    I don’t agree with every choice my boss makes. And when something goes wrong I don’t call for his head.
    My point? You can support someone you don’t totally agree with.
    And as a Broncos fan not being happy with All of Elways picks and signings I would imagine is something we all have in common. The difference is some wanna cry about others just accept its part of the game. GM’s hit and miss.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,019
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I don’t agree with every choice my boss makes. And when something goes wrong I don’t call for his head.
    My point? You can support someone you don’t totally agree with.
    And as a Broncos fan not being happy with All of Elways picks and signings I would imagine is something we all have in common. The difference is some wanna cry about others just accept its part of the game. GM’s hit and miss.
    My point is that a lot of cap space will soon open up when this season comes to a close and it’d be a good time because of that for a new GM to come on board.

    Less mess to clean up with a better shot of signing guys with more football smarts over guys with more athleticism and I think that is where Elway has gone so wrong in both the draft and free agency as of late.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    My point is that a lot of cap space will soon open up when this season comes to a close and it’d be a good time because of that for a new GM to come on board.

    Less mess to clean up with a better shot of signing guys with more football smarts over guys with more athleticism and I think that is where Elway has gone so wrong in both the draft and free agency as of late.
    I agree, If Elway is fired or decides he want to step down at the end of the season the cap situation would make for a good opening.

    But right now we have a lot of football left to be played.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 09-17-2019 at 10:27 AM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    7

    Cool Elway is onlz what zou (the fans) put into him...

    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Everybody who wants Elway gone now that we aren’t a front runner.
    List who you would hire, and why they would turn this team around.
    Don’t say Bill Belichek or somebody that is in a good position now. You want Elway gone fine, but add a name and a plan or shut your mouths!!
    I remember celebrating Super Bowl 50 but apparently that was too long for many of you. I’d love to hear from you too, Baphs since you consider him one of the worst GM’s as well.
    Sr. Elway is not the problem...like Mr.B said "it's all about the fans" dude...next to the players we're the other part of the game that makes the game...without the fans the game would be nothing more than a bunch of super macho punks running up and down a large front lawn and yelling at the neighbors and disturbing the neighborhood (some of us do have an idea of how difficult playing at the NFL level is and how some of you work for our enjoyment)...Connect with the fans because we love our Denver Broncos
    Last edited by Countess'Bronc; 09-19-2019 at 08:21 AM.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,734
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Here’s a thought, stick with him through the season since he is the GM. And not throw tantrums like spoiled brats cause your team is 0-2
    No reason to fire him now but what if the broncos keep losing? Are you going to still be on board for next year?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    No reason to fire him now but what if the broncos keep losing? Are you going to still be on board for next year?
    Let’s talk about it at the end of the year.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,694
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    No reason to fire him now but what if the broncos keep losing? Are you going to still be on board for next year?
    did you call for telescos head when he went 4-12- then 5-11?? or are you a hypocrite

    matter of fact with a what you call HOF, PB QB every single year the great telesco as the charger GM

    has a overall record or 48-48

    in that same time frame, 2013-2018 with losing a HOF qb, the head coach the next year and multiple key players from the SB team

    elways record is 55-41 with two Conference titles and one SB title


    how about when he hired lynn as the HC and he started the season 0-4
    or when they were 3-5 at the halfway point? or falling to 3-6


    did you give telesco a chance to right it...did you think lynn should be fired?
    Last edited by arapaho; 09-17-2019 at 11:44 AM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    did you call for telescos head when he went 4-12- then 5-11?? or are you a hypocrite

    matter of fact with a what you call HOF, PB QB every single year the great telesco as the charger GM

    has a overall record or 48-48

    in that same time frame, 2013-2018 with losing a HOF qb, the head coach the next year and multiple key players from the SB team

    elways record is 55-41 with two Conference titles and one SB title


    how about when he hired lynn as the HC and he started the season 0-4
    or when they were 3-5 at the halfway point? or falling to 3-6


    did you give telesco a chance to right it...did you think lynn should be fired?
    Come on now Rap!! You know baphs only criticizes Elway under a microscope, Telesco has had to deal with injuries lol!!!!!!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,734
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    did you call for telescos head when he went 4-12- then 5-11?? or are you a hypocrite

    matter of fact with a what you call HOF, PB QB every single year the great telesco as the charger GM

    has a overall record or 48-48

    in that same time frame, 2013-2018 with losing a HOF qb, the head coach the next year and multiple key players from the SB team

    elways record is 55-41 with two Conference titles and one SB title


    how about when he hired lynn as the HC and he started the season 0-4
    or when they were 3-5 at the halfway point? or falling to 3-6


    did you give telesco a chance to right it...did you think lynn should be fired?
    this is idiotic, first of all lynn's record as the head coach is 22-12 so that answers your dumb question right there.

    second of all, telesco go extended in 2016 because the talent on the team was evident, even though they were decimated by injuries. the problem was never talent but in denver it is, offensively at least. getting the right staff in place is another issue elway has and telesco does not.

    elway cannot build an offense, it's obvious. also, elways record since manning retired is what exactly? i told you the moment that happened that it would be elways truest test as a GM and you all lost your minds because you just won the SB.

    since then elway has gone 20-28 and its not looking like its going to get better any time soon. yet here you are defending him to your last dying homer breath lol (figuratively speaking)

    why did mike shanahan get fired? he won 2 SB's as the coach and GM after all. keep defending elway as the GM, please keep him there....PLEASE!
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-17-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •