• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzbodog
    Football Immortal
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    Hold on give them their due...…….the Chargers did have ONE AFL championship in 1963. Though the Bears would have kicked their ass had there been a Super Bowl way back then.
    Actually I did give them their due in the post at 49 years which goes back to the AFL - NFL merger in 1970. I stated 59 years of Charger futility in an earlier thread and another poster corrected me about the 1963 AFL title. OK, a technicality....but it's still 58 of a 59 years of nothing and 55 years straight since the lone highlight in 1963.

And yes, there is no doubt the "Monsters of the Midway" would have annihilated the Sparklers!

Go BEARS! (My second favorite NFL team)
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• L.M.
      Vitalstatistix
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
      Hold on give them their due...…….the Chargers did have ONE AFL championship in 1963. Though the Bears would have kicked their ass had there been a Super Bowl way back then.
      That happened so long ago archaeologists are still looking for their trophy! The AFL was a tiny league with only eight teams in it (from '60-'65) so not much of a "championship".

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• jazzbodog
        Football Immortal
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
        That happened so long ago archaeologists are still looking for their trophy! The AFL was a tiny league with only eight teams in it (from '60-'65) so not much of a "championship".
        Did they give out trophy's back then? I thought the winning team got one small felt pennant with "AFL Champs" stamped on it.
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Sam_Z
          Banned User
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
          Did they give out trophy's back then? I thought the winning team got one small felt pennant with "AFL Champs" stamped on it.
          Not a bad looking trophy but awkward to carry or store probably

Comment

• baphamet
            Family Trust Beer
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            What does the broncos losing the year before he won back to back titles in his 4th and 5th appearance in the Super Bowl have to do with rivers 16 years of choke?
            losing? no that was a legit choke job, not like losing on the road to NE in the playoffs like virtually every team does. the point is you're saying that because the chargers lost in NE the year before they will do it again this year.

but yes, keep talking about the chargers past, it's literally your only talking point. when do you think the broncos will finally get their first win? today? nope. next week against the jags? doubt it. the week after against the chargers? nope.

that leaves week 6 against the titans where the broncos will likely be 0-5 and challenging the dolphins for the worst record in the league.

i may have given the broncos too much credit when i said they would win 6 or 7 games this year.

Comment

• baphamet
              Family Trust Beer
              • Nov 2006

i foresee a lot of trophy smack all season from you broncos fans to help you deal with the misery of your terrible team. keep up the good work failway! i too enjoy seeing broncos fans suffer!

Comment

• Spice 1
                Football Immortal
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                I saw one of those at a garage sale one time. The guy wouldn't come down from $20.00, so I told him to pound it up his ass.

Comment

• jazzbodog
                  Football Immortal
                  • Aug 2007

And really tough to swing like a baseball bat...right Gronk!

Might be a pretty decent boat anchor!
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• jazzbodog
                    Football Immortal
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    i foresee a lot of trophy smack all season from you broncos fans to help you deal with the misery of your terrible team. keep up the good work failway! i too enjoy seeing broncos fans suffer!
                    And if there's one thing you despise baph is TROPHY SMACK....because you can't even do that due to ZERO NFL worthiness! Sad.

Impossible to polish the dusty air in the Sparklers hollow trophy case!
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• dizzolve
                      Orange Rush
                      • Mar 2009

Rate we're going we might need to use draft picks on punter and/or kicker
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Sam_Z
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2004

I just want to say to the coward who keeps negging me, I am going to voice my opinion on Elway as often as I feel, that is what this place is for.

Just because you are doing this, does not mean that I am going to stop.

There is a thing in this country called freedom of speech and I will exercise my right as often as I see fit.
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-01-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Axemaster
                          Special Teams
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Everybody who wants Elway gone now that we aren’t a front runner.
                          List who you would hire, and why they would turn this team around.
                          Don’t say Bill Belichek or somebody that is in a good position now. You want Elway gone fine, but add a name and a plan or shut your mouths!!
                          I remember celebrating Super Bowl 50 but apparently that was too long for many of you. I’d love to hear from you too, Baphs since you consider him one of the worst GM’s as well.
                          It hasn't been too long for me. Wouldn't have three :lombardi: without him. All we would have is 1977 loss to the Cowboys and that's it. So all the Elway haters all they can do is cry and moan about "what has he done for us lately", never come up with any solutions. Careful what you wish for. Someday he might be gone, we will get worse, and then what?
                          sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Axemaster
                            Special Teams
                            • Jan 2009

Do you understand the definition of insanity?

If it were up to you, we’d continue on with bad coaching hires and horrible draft picks for decades on end because you’re still being loyal to a player who retired back in 1999...

You should be more loyal, to Pat Bowlens Broncos, the organization, and your relatives of the past that supported and loved that same organization before you ever become loyal to a failing executive.

Idk why the hell you can’t see that yet you chose to get so mad.

So you love the executive, big deal, it doesn’t make him the right guy for the job anymore.

Ya he won super bowl 50 with the help of Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips, Peyton Manning, Rick Denison, Brian Mariani, etc. but that’s over and Elway is played out.

The guy literally hired Vance Joseph over Kyle Shanahan while he didn’t even think enough of McVay to give him an interview.

Now you keep asking who we’ll get to be the GM and head coach?

Well at this point, any new general manager would be better than John Elway right now and I’m sure he would draft better as well.

As for the head coach, I believe that Fangio will outlast both John Elway and Joe Ellis here in Denver at this point in time.

Happy now answer my question and tell me how it is unfair, unjust or inaccurate to criticize Elways decision making just because he’s John Elway.
                            LOL! Elway brought EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. of those players and coaches to Denver! LMAO! You think ANY of them would have without Elway and his influence??? You think ANYONE will ever have that much influence with Denver every again after him?
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Sam_Z
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                              LOL! Elway brought EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. of those players and coaches to Denver! LMAO! You think ANY of them would have without Elway and his influence??? You think ANYONE will ever have that much influence with Denver every again after him?
                              Doesn’t matter at this point. Go find out how many players today would want to come play for him.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                                It hasn't been too long for me. Wouldn't have three :lombardi: without him. All we would have is 1977 loss to the Cowboys and that's it. So all the Elway haters all they can do is cry and moan about "what has he done for us lately", never come up with any solutions. Careful what you wish for. Someday he might be gone, we will get worse, and then what?
                                Oh that’ll be the day! I’m willing to bet that Joe Ellis does not extend him after the 2020 season!

I’m not saying that any of you have to agree with me so please don’t try to convince me of otherwise because I truly believe Elways time ran out two years.

Yes he helped bring us a super bowl but then demanded That Kubiak fire that very staff that brought us that super bowl only one season removed after a 9-7 season without PFM.

He didn’t think much of continuity then so why think much of it on his behalf!
                                Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-14-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X