• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway hired Kubiak, he gets the blame but also the credit, he also handed Wade a loaded defensive roster.
    A loaded roster that John Fox and Brian Xander helped him build.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-16-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• 58Miller
      Football Immortal
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      A loaded roster that John Fox and Brian Xander helped him build.
      Yep Elway got a lot of help. He knew he didnt know it all when he took over and leaned on smarter people. Also didnt hurt to pick #2 overall easier to find talent in the top 5 instead 31 or 32. But im sure your imaginary GM would only draft All Pro lol!
      sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
        Banned User
        • Dec 2004

Yep Elway got a lot of help. He knew he didnt know it all when he took over and leaned on smarter people. Also didnt hurt to pick #2 overall easier to find talent in the top 5 instead 31 or 32. But im sure your imaginary GM would only draft All Pro lol!
        I don’t know why you keep saying “imaginary”
        When I gave you a fair and balanced answer.

Again, The broncos are at rock bottom, their worst in 40 years and it’s all happened under John Elways watch.

You still following?

He’s the common denominator right now, new coaches, new QB, same bad product. So yes any other GM would be better than he is right now.

You want proof?

Well just go look at what Brandon Beane is doing with the bills right now or what John Dorsey is going with the Browns or Tom Telesco with the Chargers.

Now I’ll ask you a fair question and let’s see if it’s too much of a challenge or if you’ll actually answer!

How could you imagine anyone else possibly be any worse than John right now especially considering his choices of the most recent past?

Now before you get all butt hurt because I’ve taken a shot at your love affair, you must consider that Elway has taken an elite franchise, one of the most elite of all time (well not anymore thanks to him) and gotten them stuck down in the bowels with the likes of Jets, Dolphins, Titan and Cardinals. (all of which will most likely rise sooner if Elway remains in charge).

But seriously, How many more chances do you want to give him or do you expect any of us to give him?

Don’t you have any love or respect for this franchise?

Can you not see where Elway has shot himself in the ass by forcing Wade and Gary out the door? Or by firing Xander’s, a guy that you just agreed had helped Elway earlier in his executive career.
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-16-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Houshmazode
          The Mountaineer
          • Sep 2006

The internet tough guy act is always good for a few laughs.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

• TommyBrady12
            Practice Squad
            • Jan 2014

Now ladies, if you need to gather yourselves...
            Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• obi-groo
              Practice Squad
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
              Now ladies, if you need to gather yourselves...
              What I want to know is...why is this in the smack section? This is a subject only Broncos fans care about. Are you going to be smacking yourselves? You can keep Elway...you can get rid of him. It won't really matter will it? You won't be winning the division for a long long time. I guess you could shoot for second place.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                Banned User
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
                What I want to know is...why is this in the smack section? This is a subject only Broncos fans care about. Are you going to be smacking yourselves? You can keep Elway...you can get rid of him. It won't really matter will it? You won't be winning the division for a long long time. I guess you could shoot for second place.
                He called out any everyone who doesn’t agree with the job Elway is doing at this point however I’m sure you’d agree with everything he’s done to the broncos in the most recent past.

Just one question, why won’t the Broncos be competing for the division and don’t just say it’s because they are bad, give us an honest reason why they are bad!

Comment

• Mainrnxile
                  Starter
                  • Dec 2015

He called out any everyone who doesn’t agree with the job Elway is doing at this point however I’m sure you’d agree with everything he’s done to the broncos in the most recent past.

Just one question, why won’t the Broncos be competing for the division and don’t just say it’s because they are bad, give us an honest reason why they are bad!
                  1. QB is below average
                  2. OL is below average
                  3. Defense is solid, but not great

Comment

• 58Miller
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jul 2013

Still waiting for some solutions, but all I am reading is whining about being called out. Like I thought, nobody has any idea who they would hire, to start to fix this team. Because complaining about problems is a lot easier than, finding solutions.
                    sigpic

Comment

• 58Miller
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
                      I put it in smack, because it’s a call out. The other Bronco forums are for discussion. Not much discussion though, sounds more like a depression line. Some broncos fans have gotten so use to pounding their chests while we were a contender they don’t know how to deal with losing.
                      I’m not happy, but it’s stinking week 2!!!!!! And these people are already quitting, it’s pathetic!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• 58Miller
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                        The internet tough guy act is always good for a few laughs.
                        So is the whine about my GM, unless it’s week two of a season, that’s just sad in my opinion. Part of being a fan is taking the good with the bad. Elway has had a down three years, guy admitted it and completely overhauled the coaching staff and brought in a veteran QBs and a an of the future. These things take time to fix.
                        sigpic

Comment

• 58Miller
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2013

Now your just making stuff up to save face lol!!
                          Sam Z quitters plan:
                          - Fire Elway
                          - hire anybody

Sound plan Sam, I think that’s how we ended up with McDaniels in 2009, that worked out lol!

In all seriousness their is their is nothing wrong with wanting Elway gone. I just asked you to tell me how you would fix it, and all i have heard is a bunch of whining about being called out. Don’t be a victim!!!!

I thought the plan was going to be Elway would eventually hand the reigns over to Kubiak.
                          Watching the Jets last night, a team that fired their GM with really no plan, and now their fan base is cheering a made field goal, all the points they scored.
                          Last edited by 58Miller; 09-17-2019, 06:47 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2004

Now your just making stuff up to save face lol!!
                            Sam Z quitters plan:
                            - Fire Elway
                            - hire anybody
                            Where am I making stuff up??? Isn’t that exactly what you said here?
                            Everybody who wants Elway gone now that we aren’t a front runner.

Originally posted by 58Miller
                            Sound plan Sam, I think that’s how we ended up with McDaniels in 2009, that worked out lol!
                            So now you’re going to take a shot at the late Mr. Bowlen in favor of John Elway?

He’s the one who hired McDaniels you know and this is a perfect example of you are more loyal to Elway than you are to Pat Bowlens Broncos.

We know exactly were you stand now in your lack of support for this team.

BTW, Pat gave Elway a shot at an executive position when most other NFL probably would not had so let that sink in.
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-17-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
                              1. QB is below average
                              2. OL is below average
                              3. Defense is solid, but not great
                              Thank you for this but what is the reason for all those answers you gave?

Comment

• 58Miller
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jul 2013

I don’t know why you keep saying “imaginary”
                                When I gave you a fair and balanced answer.

Again, The broncos are at rock bottom, their worst in 40 years and it’s all happened under John Elways watch.

You still following?

He’s the common denominator right now, new coaches, new QB, same bad product. So yes any other GM would be better than he is right now.

You want proof?

Well just go look at what Brandon Beane is doing with the bills right now or what John Dorsey is going with the Browns or Tom Telesco with the Chargers.

Now I’ll ask you a fair question and let’s see if it’s too much of a challenge or if you’ll actually answer!

How could you imagine anyone else possibly be any worse than John right now especially considering his choices of the most recent past?

Now before you get all butt hurt because I’ve taken a shot at your love affair, you must consider that Elway has taken an elite franchise, one of the most elite of all time (well not anymore thanks to him) and gotten them stuck down in the bowels with the likes of Jets, Dolphins, Titan and Cardinals. (all of which will most likely rise sooner if Elway remains in charge).

But seriously, How many more chances do you want to give him or do you expect any of us to give him?

Don’t you have any love or respect for this franchise?

Can you not see where Elway has shot himself in the ass by forcing Wade and Gary out the door? Or by firing Xander’s, a guy that you just agreed had helped Elway earlier in his executive career.
                                Elway has made a lot of mistakes.
                                The way I see it he has had 2 losing seasons out of 8, including a title. I would let him finish his contract out.

Kubiak didn’t want to be a coach. He wanted to retire after 2015.

Chances, how bout we let this current season play out?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X