Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Under the Colfax bridge by Invesco
    Posts
    334

    Wlll the Patriots go undefeated this season?

    I only ask because currently the betting line at SuperBookUSA is +1000 that the Patriots will go undefeated and -2000 that they won't.

    I've never wagered on sports, but this is tempting.

    What are your thoughts?

    Here's the link for those of you that are interested.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...atriots-season

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    789
    No - they’ll drop 1-2 games during weeks 9-14, when the play Baltimore, bye, philly, Dallas, Houston and KC.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,702
    I was just talking about this with my Patriots buddy last night. I said there will be 3-4 losses at most combined between KC and New England. The obvious one is whoever wins their game. One or both might lose to an NFC team.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    No - they’ll drop 1-2 games during weeks 9-14, when the play Baltimore, bye, philly, Dallas, Houston and KC.
    That Dallas defense is playing pretty sick right now but considering all the roughing the passer penalties from last weekend, Brady shouldn’t have to worry about being hit much.

    I could actually see them going undefeated.

    I’m not patriots fan but I like how a very high percentage of the passes were directed ABs way, I also like how they got Matt LaCosse involved as well. I knew he could definitely play but he was snubbed in Denver for Heuerman.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,217
    The Patriots are pretty cold blooded, I could see Bellichek, resting starters week 14 if they have home field wrapped up. Even if they are 12-0. Bellichek goal is Superbowls, he learned his lesson in 2007.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,717
    looking at their schedule and how well rounded and dominating they look right now, i certainly think they could but if i were to bet on it i would say no.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    1,505
    Many consider this to be one of the best defenses that the Pats have had in the last decade. Offensively: AB, Gordon, Edelman. Brady being Brady. I could definitely see it.

    I like 58Miller's post though, BB is all about the championship. I don't think he'll get caught up in the "perfect season" mess again.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 09-17-2019 at 09:28 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,321
    No, they will lose 2 or 3 at the most. Seriously Not sure people outside of New England know but this is Patriots best defense since 2004, stacked at every position could lose a couple of players and still be pretty dominate. O-line only weak spot at moment and the 2 tackles with injuries are considered minor week to week.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    No, they will lose 2 or 3 at the most. Seriously Not sure people outside of New England know but this is Patriots best defense since 2004, stacked at every position could lose a couple of players and still be pretty dominate. O-line only weak spot at moment and the 2 tackles with injuries are considered minor week to week.
    Their defense does look awesome. I’m sure they will put up another 40+ win over the Jets next week.
    KC vs New England will give us a good idea how good their d really is.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,430
    In their sorry ass division they probably will.

    I doubt they go undefeated in the reg though. It might be good just to avoid the embarrassment of the 2007 season. Knowing Brady though, he'll psychologically crawl back into his fantasy reality where everyone doubts the Patriots, and try to go undefeated in spite of his own imagination.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The Patriots are pretty cold blooded, I could see Bellichek, resting starters week 14 if they have home field wrapped up. Even if they are 12-0. Bellichek goal is Superbowls, he learned his lesson in 2007.
    Belichick's only mistake on 2007 was going hard on the team in practice during Super Bowl week. They came out flat, obviously. Ever since then he has learned to go easier on the team right before the big game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Their defense does look awesome. I’m sure they will put up another 40+ win over the Jets next week.
    KC vs New England will give us a good idea how good their d really is.
    Only 3 points allowed in 2 games! And they have Baltimore and Cleveland before they play KC...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,332
    It's worth mentioning that both of NE's starting OTs are out for a while...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It's worth mentioning that both of NE's starting OTs are out for a while...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I doubt they go undefeated in the reg though. It might be good just to avoid the embarrassment of the 2007 season.
    What a foolish statement. They attempted to go undefeated and came up short. Nothing embarrassing about trying to be a winner. I suppose getting blown out in the Super Bowl like the Broncos routinely do isn't embarrassing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Being 6X champs is pretty exciting...
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 09-18-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •