Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wlll the Patriots go undefeated this season?

I only ask because currently the betting line at SuperBookUSA is +1000 that the Patriots will go undefeated and -2000 that they won't.

I've never wagered on sports, but this is tempting.

What are your thoughts?

Here's the link for those of you that are interested.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...atriots-season

No - they’ll drop 1-2 games during weeks 9-14, when the play Baltimore, bye, philly, Dallas, Houston and KC.

I was just talking about this with my Patriots buddy last night. I said there will be 3-4 losses at most combined between KC and New England. The obvious one is whoever wins their game. One or both might lose to an NFC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    No - they’ll drop 1-2 games during weeks 9-14, when the play Baltimore, bye, philly, Dallas, Houston and KC.
    That Dallas defense is playing pretty sick right now but considering all the roughing the passer penalties from last weekend, Brady shouldn’t have to worry about being hit much.

I could actually see them going undefeated.

I’m not patriots fan but I like how a very high percentage of the passes were directed ABs way, I also like how they got Matt LaCosse involved as well. I knew he could definitely play but he was snubbed in Denver for Heuerman.

The Patriots are pretty cold blooded, I could see Bellichek, resting starters week 14 if they have home field wrapped up. Even if they are 12-0. Bellichek goal is Superbowls, he learned his lesson in 2007.

looking at their schedule and how well rounded and dominating they look right now, i certainly think they could but if i were to bet on it i would say no.

Many consider this to be one of the best defenses that the Pats have had in the last decade. Offensively: AB, Gordon, Edelman. Brady being Brady. I could definitely see it.

I like 58Miller's post though, BB is all about the championship. I don't think he'll get caught up in the "perfect season" mess again.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 09-17-2019 at 09:28 AM.

No, they will lose 2 or 3 at the most. Seriously Not sure people outside of New England know but this is Patriots best defense since 2004, stacked at every position could lose a couple of players and still be pretty dominate. O-line only weak spot at moment and the 2 tackles with injuries are considered minor week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    No, they will lose 2 or 3 at the most. Seriously Not sure people outside of New England know but this is Patriots best defense since 2004, stacked at every position could lose a couple of players and still be pretty dominate. O-line only weak spot at moment and the 2 tackles with injuries are considered minor week to week.
    Their defense does look awesome. I’m sure they will put up another 40+ win over the Jets next week.
    KC vs New England will give us a good idea how good their d really is.

In their sorry ass division they probably will.

I doubt they go undefeated in the reg though. It might be good just to avoid the embarrassment of the 2007 season. Knowing Brady though, he'll psychologically crawl back into his fantasy reality where everyone doubts the Patriots, and try to go undefeated in spite of his own imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The Patriots are pretty cold blooded, I could see Bellichek, resting starters week 14 if they have home field wrapped up. Even if they are 12-0. Bellichek goal is Superbowls, he learned his lesson in 2007.
    Belichick's only mistake on 2007 was going hard on the team in practice during Super Bowl week. They came out flat, obviously. Ever since then he has learned to go easier on the team right before the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Their defense does look awesome. I’m sure they will put up another 40+ win over the Jets next week.
    KC vs New England will give us a good idea how good their d really is.
    Only 3 points allowed in 2 games! And they have Baltimore and Cleveland before they play KC...

It's worth mentioning that both of NE's starting OTs are out for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It's worth mentioning that both of NE's starting OTs are out for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I doubt they go undefeated in the reg though. It might be good just to avoid the embarrassment of the 2007 season.
    What a foolish statement. They attempted to go undefeated and came up short. Nothing embarrassing about trying to be a winner. I suppose getting blown out in the Super Bowl like the Broncos routinely do isn't embarrassing?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Being 6X champs is pretty exciting...
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 09-18-2019 at 05:26 AM.