The NFL is changing.

I really hope the leadership of our great Broncos are paying attention to whats happening in the league this year. Rapidly the NFL is turning into the NBA. We have already seen a few instances of top tier talent forcing themselves out of a contract to get traded because the team they are on is basically garbage or they don't agree with the coaches.

to date:

AB forced his way out of Oakland ---> NE (upgrade)
    Jalen Ramsey ---> Soon to be traded
    Jamaal Adams ----> Stops following Jets, I am guessing within a day or two the trade talks / trade requests start happening.
    Minkah Fitzpatrick -----> Asked to be traded out of Miami and is now a Steeler.

The bottom rung teams are going to be finding it harder and harder to keep and retain talent with the new direction the NFL is going. I personally believe the days are gone when the players accept a period of growth or build up. I also believe the Broncos were very fortunate to land manning during the time we did, because the periods before and after that were / are pretty bad. If we didn't get manning we very well may have faced situations like that where people like CHJ or Von ask to be traded because we are wasting their career on a team going no where.

Right now I believe the Broncos are teetering on the cusp of being lumped in with teams like Oakland, Miami, Lions, etc... who are basically the laughingstock of the NFL.

I respect what Miami has done. They are full on embracing the suck and going all in for the win once brady retires. They have 5 first rounders over the next two years and 4 2nd rounders. They can sell young talent they draft that they are going to be stocking the cupboards with young studs and are going to be building a dynasty. The rest of the teams who refuse to accept a rebuild and are perpetually stuck in the 5-11 to 8-8 range have nothing to sell. 2/3 of the NFL could say they are a "player away" when trying to lure FA's in.

Denver is at a critical crossroads. If we stay the course of refusing to accept a rebuild and keep trying to band aid problems we may find ourselves in a situation where players like CHJ, Von, Chubb, Sutton, etc... dont want to play here anymore cause they are wasting time. It's not a for sure, but so far thats the way the dynamic seems to be trending.

I almost feel like John needs to sit down with ownership (whenever they figure that out) and decide what do we need to do to right the ship. IF the season continues to trend poorly like it seems to be, then Broncos country needs to demand change. I don't mind a season or two of suck if we see light at the end of the tunnel (see miami).

Anyhow, I really hope I am wrong and this is just an unusual series of events that started this trade demand thing. Time will tell.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Yeah agree it's pretty ugly . The NFL needs to be professional. The way its trending is not how it was intended to be .

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I really hope the leadership of our great Broncos are paying attention to whats happening in the league this year. Rapidly the NFL is turning into the NBA. We have already seen a few instances of top tier talent forcing themselves out of a contract to get traded because the team they are on is basically garbage or they don't agree with the coaches.

to date:

AB forced his way out of Oakland ---> NE (upgrade)
    Jalen Ramsey ---> Soon to be traded
    Jamaal Adams ----> Stops following Jets, I am guessing within a day or two the trade talks / trade requests start happening.
    Minkah Fitzpatrick -----> Asked to be traded out of Miami and is now a Steeler.

The bottom rung teams are going to be finding it harder and harder to keep and retain talent with the new direction the NFL is going. I personally believe the days are gone when the players accept a period of growth or build up. I also believe the Broncos were very fortunate to land manning during the time we did, because the periods before and after that were / are pretty bad. If we didn't get manning we very well may have faced situations like that where people like CHJ or Von ask to be traded because we are wasting their career on a team going no where.

Right now I believe the Broncos are teetering on the cusp of being lumped in with teams like Oakland, Miami, Lions, etc... who are basically the laughingstock of the NFL.

I respect what Miami has done. They are full on embracing the suck and going all in for the win once brady retires. They have 5 first rounders over the next two years and 4 2nd rounders. They can sell young talent they draft that they are going to be stocking the cupboards with young studs and are going to be building a dynasty. The rest of the teams who refuse to accept a rebuild and are perpetually stuck in the 5-11 to 8-8 range have nothing to sell. 2/3 of the NFL could say they are a "player away" when trying to lure FA's in.

Denver is at a critical crossroads. If we stay the course of refusing to accept a rebuild and keep trying to band aid problems we may find ourselves in a situation where players like CHJ, Von, Chubb, Sutton, etc... dont want to play here anymore cause they are wasting time. It's not a for sure, but so far thats the way the dynamic seems to be trending.

I almost feel like John needs to sit down with ownership (whenever they figure that out) and decide what do we need to do to right the ship. IF the season continues to trend poorly like it seems to be, then Broncos country needs to demand change. I don't mind a season or two of suck if we see light at the end of the tunnel (see miami).

Anyhow, I really hope I am wrong and this is just an unusual series of events that started this trade demand thing. Time will tell.

This is your catch 22. It's hard to tell folks paying very good money to keep paying to watch a few seasons of tanking, when the organization can't guarantee a winner in the future. Even though every team has to go through lean years, most fans want to know their team is trying to compete every year.

With Lawrence coming out in 2021 draft, there will be 2 years of tanking and stripping down as teams attempt to load up on draft capital.

Problem with NFL is officiating

Contracts donít matter anymore. When I signed for my house after 3 years I asked for them to pay me and drop,the payments.

This is a great thread. I was thinking the same thing after the Ramsey news broke. Fortunately in the NFL one player can't make or break you like it does in the NBA.

Seeing this is more a NFL related thread it has been moved.

I don't agree totally but I do agree. I think some of these situations are special circumstances. Like Ramsey(he's been a headache for the organization since day one) getting into it with his coach or the Dolphins are clearly tanking so I can't say that I blame players for wanting out of that situation & I think the Dolphins are good with trading anyone this year. I do know this, when the next negotiations come up between the owners & players we could very well see a work stoppage because of these issues. The owners catering to the players like they have been is going to make the problem worse for sure but I like the Steelers approach with Bell, and the Chargers choice with Gordon. Let em sit, suspend them if need be. It should be if you don't want to work you don't get paid. The Jaguars are not obligated to trade Ramsey at all but where are they going this year? Might as well grab some assets.