Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,033

    Chiefs vs Ravens

    Ok, enough of this Patriots talk/Garbage. We don’t play them this season.

    On to more exciting things like the leagues top rated defense taking it to Patty Melt Mahomes in the cherry bowels of Kansas City, Air Head stadium this Sunday!

    I may not completely agree with the author of the following article however I do believe that if Lamar Jackson is for real, he just may be able to escape the “cream puff” Kansas City defense with a victory.

    Anyone want to do a weekly sig bet? I’m taking Baltimore over Kc

    Mahomes has undoubtedly replaced Tom Brady as the NFL’s best player. It’s a title he could hold for the next decade-plus.

    Kansas City hasn’t missed Tyreek Hill at all because Mahomes is just that good. He has turned Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman into dynamic weapons, completing 10 passes to them for 223 yards in Week 2.

    The Week 3 contest between the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs might end up being a matchup of the top MVP candidates for the 2019 NFL season. Lamar Jackson has played as well as anyone ahead of Baltimore’s visit to Kansas City. Patrick Mahomes looks like he might be an even better quarterback than he was last season when he was voted the league’s most valuable player.

    Jackson and the Ravens still have more to prove before they will be considered on the same level as the Chiefs. That’s why Baltimore is a 6.5-point road favorite Sunday afternoon, according to the latest betting line at OddsShark.

    It’s hard to know exactly how much stock to put into the Ravens’ hot start. Baltimore’s 59-10 Week 1 win over the Miami Dolphins didn’t look quite as impressive after Miami was shut out 43-0 the following Sunday. The jury is still out regarding how good the Arizona Cardinals might be after they tested the Ravens in Baltimore’s 23-17 Week 2 win.

    There is no question that Jackson has taken a leap in his sophomore campaign. The quarterback has gone from completing fewer than 60 percent of his passes as a rookie to leading the NFL with a 145.2 passer rating through two games. Jackson ranks first with seven passing touchdowns and 12.9 yards per attempt to go along with 596 passing yards and 126 rushing yards.

    Jackson, of course, won’t put up numbers like that all season long, but he could be in for another big day against a mediocre Kansas City defense.

    Mahomes should be able to match the Ravens’ quarterback in the Chiefs’ season opener. He leads the NFL with 821 passing yards, completing 71.4 percent of his passes for seven scores and no interceptions. Mahomes has only been sacked twice.

    Baltimore’s defense isn’t what it was last year when it ranked first in the NFL in yards allowed. The unit gave up 349 passing yards to Kyler Murray in Week 2. The Ravens only escaped with a win because the Cardinals settled for three field goals from within five yards of the goal line.

    The Chiefs beat the Ravens 27-24 in overtime when they hosted Baltimore in Week 14 last season. Between Jackson’s development and what the Ravens have lost on defense, Sunday’s contest could soar over the total of 54.5.

    Sunday’s game could play out in a similar fashion as last year’s matchup with Baltimore giving Kansas City all they can handle before the Chiefs manage to pull out a victory.

    The Chiefs went 7-1 at home last season. They’ve won at least six home games in five straight years.

    Laying nearly a touchdown against a team as good as the Ravens might not be the smartest pick. Betting against Mahomes in Kansas City is also a dangerous proposition.

    Even if the 2018 MVP has to complete another miraculous fourth-down pass in the final minutes to keep the Chiefs alive, which he did against the Ravens last season, he’ll find a way to keep Kansas City perfect on the season.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,709
    Ill take KC
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    460
    True...KC does not have Hill who was part of the game saving throw last year....but Mahomes has proved he is not crippled without him. Everybody is still stuck on the defense being bad...but this is an entirely different defense...and they proved last week that they can do something they failed to do repeatedly last year. That is make adjustments....and they didn't wait until halftime to do it against the Raiders. They did it by the 2nd quarter. The ravens allowed the cards to get down to the goal 3 times if I remember correctly and held them to field goals. If they let the Chiefs get that close there will be touchdowns. I think the Chiefs will win.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,033
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    True...KC does not have Hill who was part of the game saving throw last year....but Mahomes has proved he is not crippled without him. Everybody is still stuck on the defense being bad...but this is an entirely different defense...and they proved last week that they can do something they failed to do repeatedly last year. That is make adjustments....and they didn't wait until halftime to do it against the Raiders. They did it by the 2nd quarter. The ravens allowed the cards to get down to the goal 3 times if I remember correctly and held them to field goals. If they let the Chiefs get that close there will be touchdowns. I think the Chiefs will win.
    The ravens D is good but no where near as good as everyone around the league is trying to make them.

    I actually don’t care who wins, I just want to see a shootout on the level of the Monday night game between the chiefs and rams of last season. That was fantastic!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    On to more exciting things like the leagues top rated defense taking it to Patty Melt Mahomes in the cherry bowels of Kansas City, Air Head stadium this Sunday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The ravens D is good but no where near as good as everyone around the league is trying to make them.
    King of contradictions...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    King of contradictions...
    Actually he reported that the Ravens defense is rated top in the league but he does not think they are as good as everyone thinks. Grasp at those straws for some smack TommyBoy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,033
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    King of contradictions...
    That first paragraph was more sarcasm to smack with Chiefs but I do understand this is you grasping for straws. Attempting to use anything you can against me because your not very good to begin with.

    I knew somebody would come at me for that but I didn’t expect it to be a whiny Pansy fan...

    Didnt you realize your previous comments were deleted because you’re a thread cancer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    True...KC does not have Hill who was part of the game saving throw last year....but Mahomes has proved he is not crippled without him. Everybody is still stuck on the defense being bad...but this is an entirely different defense...and they proved last week that they can do something they failed to do repeatedly last year. That is make adjustments....and they didn't wait until halftime to do it against the Raiders. They did it by the 2nd quarter. The ravens allowed the cards to get down to the goal 3 times if I remember correctly and held them to field goals. If they let the Chiefs get that close there will be touchdowns. I think the Chiefs will win.
    This game is pretty damn simple in my eyes. Either The Ravens stop Mahomes a few times, and shorten the game by running it right at Kansas City's terrible run defense (which I assure you they will try to do), or they don't and the Chiefs win by 20.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 09-19-2019 at 03:22 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Actually he reported that the Ravens defense is rated top in the league but he does not think they are as good as everyone thinks. Grasp at those straws for some smack TommyBoy.
    Wrong. Did he not say the matchup between the Ravens D and the chiefs offense was exciting? How can it be exciting if the Ravens D is overrated, according to him?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Wrong. Did he not say the matchup between the Ravens D and the chiefs offense was exciting? How can it be exciting if the Ravens D is overrated, according to him?
    Well he did say he thinks the Ravens defense is good...just not as good as everyone thinks. Keep grasping. So it's come down to this. I'm defending a Broncos fan against a Patriots fan.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Well he did say he thinks the Ravens defense is good...just not as good as everyone thinks. Keep grasping. So it's come down to this. I'm defending a Broncos fan against a Patriots fan.
    Not sure it's worth a brand new thread to talk merely about a "good defense" vs KC, as opposed to an excellent defense.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,033
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Not sure it's worth a brand new thread to talk merely about a "good defense" vs KC, as opposed to an excellent defense.
    Maybe it is and maybe it isn’t but what I’m trying to figure out is how this thread is even relevant to you!

    I mean since you want to be so technical, I did also say “enough talk about the patriots”.

    That was your cue to stay out of the conversation but like everything else you’ve stuck your nose in, you just couldn’t resist or perhaps you’ve just missed it all together.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-19-2019 at 10:38 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Maybe it is and maybe it isn’t but what I’m trying to figure out is how this thread is even relevant to you!

    I mean since you want to be so technical, I did also say “enough talk about the patriots”.

    That was your cue to stay out of the conversation but like everything else you’ve stuck your nose in, you just couldn’t resist or perhaps you’ve just missed it all together.
    First, it's a public forum and I can join in any thread I please. Second, you're the one who called (in this thread) patriots talk "garbage." It's your troll nature to take a shot at NE in a thread about the chiefs and ravens...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,033
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    First, it's a public forum and I can join in any thread I please. Second, you're the one who called (in this thread) patriots talk "garbage." It's your troll nature to take a shot at NE in a thread about the chiefs and ravens...
    Got dang it, not only myself but everyone else has spent at least 60 percent of their time while in here having to explain the obvious to you...

    lmao could this really be happening!

    I said “enough with the patriots talk” meaning for you to take that as a cue and keep your Pansy thoughts out of at least this thread.

    Eh crap I know you ain’t gonna get any of this, so please hit the back button and proceed on with your trollish day.

    Smh
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-19-2019 at 01:07 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Got dang it, not only myself but everyone else has spent at least 60 percent of their time while in here having to explain the obvious to you...

    lmao could this really be happening!

    I said “enough with the patriots talk” meaning for you to take that as a cue and keep your Pansy thoughts out of at least this thread.

    Eh crap I know you ain’t gonna get any of this, so please hit the back button and proceed on with your trollish day.

    Smh
    You're the one who brought up the Patriots...in your own thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •