Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Bird Mock Draft

Since this is early not all the needs may be identified

1st Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn OT:
    Bolles can be agonizing to watch, he leads in holds and when he isnt doing that he forces an extra blocker to have to save him. Which is why this is needed. Wanogho is a former basketball player and DE who had used his rare athleticism to earn the highest grade for pass blocking.

Trade 2nd and a 3rd for 1st (or alternative draft Bryce Hall Virginia CB/S)

1st b Evan Weaver California ILB/OLB/Cover LB:
    For the last 2 years the broncos have been targeting ILB who reportedly go off the board earlier then expected. Evan Weaver led the Pac 12 in defensive stops last year and seems to be the best ILB/OLB in coverage with the athleticism (Logan Wilson Wyoming has questionable athleticism) to make it to the next level.

3rd Michael Divinty Jr LSU ILB/OLB:
    Broncos need a ILB who can help with the run and blitz if need be. Besides Carter Coughlin Minnesota who is likely to go late due to some believing his height may be cumbersome, there is no other player at this position who can fit this skill better.

4th Jonathan Greenard Florida OLB/DE:
    A high motor mid round pass rusher

5th Ashtyn Davis California S/KR:
    Broncos S play has shown to be a weakness and the adjustments made are not showing improvement. Davis is likely to be one of the fastest players in the draft, and without a doubt the most athletic S. He has excellent closing speed and much needed return skills.

6th Chris Williamson Minnesota CB/S:
    A discount Bryce Hall who might be even more athletic. He is one of the better nickel corners in this draft with an ability to also play safety in transitional defense.

7th: Javin White UNLV S/LB/ST
    Extremely underrated talent due to being a tweener. Despite the lack of consistent talent around him he has been able to give offenses headaches.

Possible FA:
    Chris Wilcox BYU S/CB
    Bryce Huff Memphis OLB/DE
    Markus Bailey Purdue OLB/ILB
    Drew Richmond USC OT
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-18-2019 at 05:09 PM.

The first pick all depends on where you see us drafting. In some mocks hes going 2nd round. There are better tackles in the first especially if we continue this trend of losing and our pick is higher.
    While weaver is a beast he body and speed remind me of a DE. I don't know his actually measurements

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    The first pick all depends on where you see us drafting. In some mocks hes going 2nd round. There are better tackles in the first especially if we continue this trend of losing and our pick is higher.
    While weaver is a beast he body and speed remind me of a DE. I don't know his actually measurements
    Lucas Niang seems more versatile with better ability to open up seems in the running game but not better at facing the pass rush. Prince is not a prohibited #1 LT nor are we guaranteed to be in position to draft the best, so for now its where I believe things will fall. Either of their standing will be based on who comes out as a Junior

Weaver is 6'2 245 lbs, which is about as big as ILB get in our system. He tops out around 4.53 which is still above average for an ILB. He has the frame of a SAM, the weight of a Mike, but the athleticism and skillset of a Will. You rarely see him in blitz packages against ranked teams if at all (which worries me a little) he is usually torpedoing a rusher behind the lines or dropping back. Though he does get to the QB it's usually when he is acting as a spy and the QB takes off.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-18-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Even though itís not our biggest need I think if we go Grant Deplit out of LSU or Isiah Simmons out of Clemson. It helps our D tremendously. Gives us versatility, allows us to finally cover LBís.

Offensive lineman are still readily available in the early 2nd we can snag a tackle like Alaric Jackson or Wanagho here.

Would like to see another WR out of this class late. Such a big time class we can get a quality WR late. CB and CB depth is a huge need still. And of course MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
    Even though itís not our biggest need I think if we go Grant Deplit out of LSU or Isiah Simmons out of Clemson. It helps our D tremendously. Gives us versatility, allows us to finally cover LBís.

Offensive lineman are still readily available in the early 2nd we can snag a tackle like Alaric Jackson or Wanagho here.

Would like to see another WR out of this class late. Such a big time class we can get a quality WR late. CB and CB depth is a huge need still. And of course MLB.
    I admit I didnt include to many Juniors because it's to early on in the season to figure out who even might come out early.

I would love to get Bryce Hall and an elite LT if it is possible he is someone who can play anywhere in the secondary and that is so rare that he will make any D versatile enough to adapt to injuries and the change in threats. I do not think he is a shutdown corner but he is a potential nickel or second corner.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-19-2019 at 12:09 PM.

If we are drafting as high as I think we end up I really want to look into kid like Andrew Thomas from Georgia. From what I have seen dude plays nasty is dominate run blocker 6'6 320 but he has a surprising amount of agility. He has allowed 4 sacks in his last 2 years and looks as close to a sure thing as an lt can be. He has everything you want in an lt.

Mr. Elway is just as likely to spend it all on a tight end again. I can't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    If we are drafting as high as I think we end up I really want to look into kid like Andrew Thomas from Georgia. From what I have seen dude plays nasty is dominate run blocker 6'6 320 but he has a surprising amount of agility. He has allowed 4 sacks in his last 2 years and looks as close to a sure thing as an lt can be. He has everything you want in an lt.
    Watched Thomas tonight. The size and the athletic ability is outstanding! Technique wise improvement is needed. With Munchuck though he should be on our big board for sure.

I will admit Andrew Thomas is likely to be the 1st off the board and is someone to watch and we could be in a position now to draft him.

Another OT Jr that I like is Tristan Wirfs from Iowa though. He has good legs good foot movement. However, he has repeatedly said he does not plan to leave college without a degree. Though he is moved back and forth for RT and LT he looks impressive to me
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-23-2019 at 04:26 PM.

I like Solomon Kindley. I think he is a better prospect but we really need an OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    I will admit Andrew Thomas is likely to be the 1st off the board and is someone to watch and we could be in a position now to draft him.

Another OT Jr that I like is Tristan Wirfs from Iowa though. He has good legs good foot movement. However, he has repeatedly said he does not plan to leave college without a degree. Though he is moved back and forth for RT and LT he looks impressive to me
    Tristan is another guy this or next draft that looks like an LT.

i also like ADams he could be a good second rounder to look at.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Tristan is another guy this or next draft that looks like an LT.

i also like ADams he could be a good second rounder to look at.
    Adams may appears to some to have taken a step back after his back surgery. He was playing to top heavy and his height put a lot of strain on his back which is the only reason teams would be hesitant to grab him.

I admit I picked the wild card at LT in Wanogho and if Wirfs weren't were so likely to stay I probably would of chosen him. He went from basketball to DE to LT and has been steadily improving technique as he learned the position. Last year he was 100% most improved as his pass blocking was better then Andrew Thomas (who many seem to be calling the prohibited 1st OT) according to PFF and many others. He was pulled in 2017 and showed inconsistencies last year especially at run blocking. Still I think he has potential to move up in the draft (and at best hes already a 1st rounder).

Okay, it is almost a month later, lets hear you mocks now?

Andrew Thomas clear #1 choice for this team. He might be needed so badly to trade up for in fact. A great prospect at a position of need. I usually donít condone trading up. But you might consider it here. I think a new and improved OL would do wonders for this team and this would be a huge step in the right direction. Not to mention, if you want your QB of the future to stand much of a chance you canít havr Bolles playing LT for him. I think you try him at RG next year and if that doesnít work.. he gone.

Thomas or Wirfs have proven to be worthy of a top 10 selection. Either would stabilize the left side for the next decade.