Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Flyzone 2.0?

No Flyzone 2.0?

I just heard on Mike & Golic that Denverís in the hunt for Jalen Ramsey...

I think the trade for him would be a huge boost for our defense and secure a missing piece allowing our pass rush to be more aggressive.

Vic Fangio runs Nickle upward 50% of the time. That leaves Harris shadowing other teams #1, Ramsey playing the #2 or shadowing a Teams #1 more suited toward his playing style(similar to how takin and Chris switches week to week) and Jackson in the nickel.

I think Ramsey would be a key piece in helping us making a SB run.

We canít play man coverage the way we like because of Yiadom right now. With Ramsey that goes out the window
    Last edited by Champ>NFL; 09-20-2019 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    I just heard on Mike & Golic that Denver’s in the hunt for Jalen Ramsey...

I think the trade for him would be a huge boost for our defense and secure a missing piece allowing our pass rush to be more aggressive.

Vic Fangio runs Nickle upward 50% of the time. That leaves Harris shadowing other teams #1, Ramsey playing the #2 or shadowing a Teams #1 more suited toward his playing style(similar to how takin and Chris switches week to week) and Jackson in the nickel.

I think Ramsey would be a key piece in helping us making a SB run.

We can’t play man coverage the way we like because of Yiadom right now. With Ramsey that goes out the window
    Jaguars superstar cornerback Jalen Ramsey, still only 24 years old, requested a trade in the aftermath of a Week 2 defeat to the Texans, which dropped the Jaguars to 0-2 on the season. That much was already known and has been known since Monday. Now, though, we know the exact reason why Ramsey asked for a trade. It turns out, Ramsey's request has nothing to do with his sideline argument with Jaguars coach Doug Marrone. Instead, it has everything to do with the Jaguars' front office -- run by executive vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin (best known as the former coach of the Giants who led the franchise to two Super Bowl titles) and general manager David Caldwell.

That's what Ramsey, himself, told Nate Burleson on the 17 Weeks podcast with Uninterrupted. On the same day (Thursday) that the Jaguars are scheduled to take on the Titans in an early, but key AFC South clash, which Ramsey is active for, the defensive back's explanation for the entire situation went live. Ramsey began by saying that the request -- which has been in the making for a while -- has nothing to do with the city of Jacksonville or his teammates. He loves them both. It's the front office and organization that he has issues with.

"It was something that has kinda been building over a little bit of time," Ramsey said. "It has nothing to do with my teammates here. I love all my teammates here. It has nothing to do with the city. I love the city here. Still doing my charity work here. Still out with the fans, signing autographs, taking pictures, whatever it may be. I love the city here. I love my teammates. But it was more so with the front office and the organization."

Which brings us to Sunday after the Jaguars lost by one point to the Texans, during which Ramsey was seen arguing with Marrone on the sidelines. The argument did not factor in his trade request. Ramsey says he had already moved on from it, mainly because those kinds of arguments happen around the NFL. We see them every season.

"I called my agent after the game," he said. "After the game, of course, it was tough in the locker room already. The incident on the sideline with me and coach. I didn't think much of that in particular, because that happens from time to time. That happens all across the league. We see Tom Brady get into it with his coaches and he's the greatest of all time. That's just passion, man. That's passion and emotion. I feel like that blew up a little more than it should have. That happened early in the first quarter, and I went out the rest of the game and you can see the production that I put out there on the field -- what I held (DeAndre Hopkins) to and how the whole defense played. And honestly, it was just the moment, it was the incident, and honestly we were kinda moved past it."

What prompted his request then? It sounds like the higher-ups in the Jaguars' organization said "some disrespectful things" to Ramsey after the game that made him immediately call his agent to initiate the trade process.

"Some disrespectful things were said on their end that made me definitely walk out and call my agent as soon as I walked out," he said. "I said, 'It's time. My time is up here in Jacksonville.' I said, 'I want to ask for a trade.'"

He wasn't angry. He didn't make an emotional decision. And he doesn't regret asking for a trade. He still wants to be traded.

"I was truly at peace, like I wasn't in a mindset of making a decision while I was angry," he said. "I was completely calm. I still stand by that decision to ask for a trade."

So, what now?

Well, for one, if you're reading this before or during "Thursday Night Football" between the Jaguars and Titans, Ramsey has a game to play. He is not inactive for the game, even though he's standing by his request to be traded. So, unless the Jaguars decide to keep Ramsey on the sidelines or Ramsey decides he doesn't want to risk an injury playing for a team he doesn't want to play for anymore, Ramsey will take the field against the Titans. It'll likely be his 51st and final game with the franchise.

After the game, the Jaguars will have to decide if they want to grant his trade request. If they do decide to move him, they'll have plenty of suitors and they should be able to secure a huge haul for arguably the league's best young cornerback -- Ramsey would likely say he's the league's best cornerback regardless of age, but that claim could be disputed by someone like Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore.

On Wednesday, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora told Adam Schein on CBS Sports Network that the Chiefs, Seahawks, and Eagles were among the early favorites to acquire Ramsey.

"The sense that I'm getting from GMs and personnel directors is Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles," La Canfora told Adam Schein on CBS Sports Network. "These are three teams you hear the most about. Seattle, Philadelphia, they've been as proactive in making trades in this league across the board as anybody. And both were in, at least to some degree, on Minkah Fitzpatrick."

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, in addition to those three teams above, the Ravens, Vikings, and Raiders have also made "substantive inquiries." Anderson reported that "almost every team has at least placed a call."

It's not at all difficult to understand why nearly every single team would want Ramsey. Since the Jaguars drafted Ramsey fifth overall in 2016, he's emerged as one of the league's best cornerbacks with nine interceptions, 45 passes defended, two Pro Bowl nods, and one first team All-Pro selection. He ranked eighth on our list of the top 25 players under the age of 25 a year after placing fifth. In short, he's a superstar.

Now, one very lucky team is probably going to add Ramsey to their roster in late September while the Jaguars are probably going to be parting ways with their best player as they try to overcome an 0-2 start to the season and build a playoff-caliber team for the future.

At the very least, Coughlin and the Jaguars will hold plenty of draft ammunition in the drafts to come assuming they land a huge haul for Ramsey, but with those picks, they're going to be hoping to draft players who will eventually develop into a player like Ramsey. And given the way the draft works (it's a crapshoot), it's more likely than not those players won't be as great as Ramsey.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...y-jaguars/amp/

I think he would be to expensive for us. We'd have to give up too many draft picks that we need to get a QB, LT, and a couple middle linebackers.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-20-2019 at 04:30 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I don't think Ramsey is a 'key piece' to making a Super Bowl run.

For that, I would say we need OL, MLB, and then DT to even be considered a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I don't think Ramsey is a 'key piece' to making a Super Bowl run.

For that, I would say we need OL, MLB, and then DT to even be considered a contender.
    And maybe a qb.
    Adopted player Lindsey

With our luck in the draft, it may be ok to pay with a #1 and a couple other picks later on in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    With our luck in the draft, it may be ok to pay with a #1 and a couple other picks later on in the draft?
    It's not our luck, it's our piss poor drafting. Imo. But no, he isn't worth it. Especially when we need a LT and MLB and a QB.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I believe any interest we have in him is to drive force our AFCW counterparts to give up more for him. Ramsey just got into an argument with his coach because he wanted to play more man, that isnít likely to happen with Fangio.

Edit: also to see what other players teams are willing to part with. If this team isnít contending for anything by the time the trade deadline rolls around expect to see guys like Harris, Wolfe, and Leary moved
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-20-2019 at 05:47 AM.

I saw a report yesterday that the jaguars are demanding two first round picks for Jalen Ramsey.

They are not going to get that however I donít know what the Broncos would offer because the Broncos are looking to have an extremely bad season And I donít care if Mike Golic said it I donít think the Broncos are trading one first round pick for Jalen Ramsey when they could possibly be in position for Jake Fromm or Justin Herbert.

In all fairness, Elway has better luck bringing in FA than he does with high picks. As far as strategy (considering who the GM is), it would be better to trade picks for a good player - unless the price is just too high. 2 1st rounders is probably too much.

As far as the probability of this happening; itís probably pretty low. Still, Iíd rather trade a pick for a known commodity at this point. High round picks havenít been Elwayís forte.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    In all fairness, Elway has better luck bringing in FA than he does with high picks. As far as strategy (considering who the GM is), it would be better to trade picks for a good player - unless the price is just too high. 2 1st rounders is probably too much.

As far as the probability of this happening; itís probably pretty low. Still, Iíd rather trade a pick for a known commodity at this point. High round picks havenít been Elwayís forte.
    Id normally agree but right now Iím going to say any year but this year when considering the QB talent coming out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I saw a report yesterday that the jaguars are demanding two first round picks for Jalen Ramsey.

They are not going to get that however I donít know what the Broncos would offer because the Broncos are looking to have an extremely bad season And I donít care if Mike Golic said it I donít think the Broncos are trading one first round pick for Jalen Ramsey when they could possibly be in position for Jake Fromm or Justin Herbert.
    That's assuming Lock doesn't pan out...... which I think he will

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Id normally agree but right now Iím going to say any year but this year when considering the QB talent coming out of the draft.
    Denver will NOT be be drafting in the top 5, they won't have a shot at either of those QBs. I would rather draft the best LT and build up the best line we can find for Lock

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That's assuming Lock doesn't pan out...... which I think he will
    Bruh, I really like Lock and I think he will as well but does the Broncos FO want to have to justify trading a high pick that could had been Tua, Fromm, or Herbert if Lock doesnít

Bruh, I really like Lock and I think he will as well but does the Broncos FO want to have to justify trading a high pick that could had been Tua, Fromm, or Herbert if Lock doesnít
    They wouldnít take them if they were there. Lock will get more than a handful of games to prove himself. Lynch made it what, 3 years before being cut? And no QB outside of Kelly with the last pick of the draft was drafted. If we have a high pick itís either gonna be a OT, possibly CB, or we trade down again.

Sure, the QB talent is good this year. I just donít trust Elway to pick the right guy anymore. Itís all very hypothetical, but I guess I wouldnít be opposed to a deal if it happens - depending on the deal, of course. The cupboard is pretty bare, so some known high end talent would be a good thing.

I just question if Ramsey would be happy here. Sounds like he wants to play for a winner.