Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Flyzone 2.0?

Can he replace Bolles? Then no...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Sure, the QB talent is good this year. I just donít trust Elway to pick the right guy anymore. Itís all very hypothetical, but I guess I wouldnít be opposed to a deal if it happens - depending on the deal, of course. The cupboard is pretty bare, so some known high end talent would be a good thing.

I just question if Ramsey would be happy here. Sounds like he wants to play for a winner.
    I donít want to stir up any controversy but Iím just not sure if itíd be Elway making selections next year if we have another bad season.

Not saying heíll be fired because he wonít but Iím not so sure heíll be here doing the drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I donít want to stir up any controversy but Iím just not sure if itíd be Elway making selections next year if we have another bad season.

Not saying heíll be fired because he wonít but Iím not so sure heíll be here doing the drafting.
    Elway has missed big, but I like his last two drafts. The fruits of a draft usually take a couple years, right now we are feeling the misses on Ray, Lynch, and Bolles.
    1. Bradley Chubb - Starter
    2. Courtland Sutton-Starter
    3. Royce Freeman ( our best rb this season
    4. Isaac Yiadom ( has started first 3 games)
    5. Josey Jewell - started
    6 DeSean Hamilton ( slot receiver)
    Jury still out but they all could be the
    1. Noah Fant
    2. Dalton Risner ( starter)
    3. Drew Lock
    4. Dremont Jones
    5. Justin Hollins
    6. Juwan Winfree

I don’t want to stir up any controversy but I’m just not sure if it’d be Elway making selections next year if we have another bad season.

Not saying he’ll be fired because he won’t but I’m not so sure he’ll be here doing the drafting.
    Elway has had bad drafts in 2013, 2015 and 2017 other then that they are not bad

of his first draft
    von still here
    moore played 5 nfl seasons
    franklin played 6 nfl seasons
    nate I played 5 nfl seasons
    JT played 7 seasons
    virgil green still in the league

of the 2012 draft 3 of the 7 are still in the league,

of the 2014 draft
    5 -6 are still in the league
    2016 5-8 are still in the league\
    2017 4-8 still in the league...barely

people wrongly count players no longer on the team as a draft fail

We shall see. Iíd rather he didnít.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    [B] Jaguars superstar cornerback Jalen Ramsey, still only 24 years old, requested a trade in the aftermath of a Week 2 defeat to the Texans, which dropped the Jaguars to 0-2 on the season.
    So why would he want to come to our 0-2 team?
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    So why would he want to come to our 0-2 team?
    He wouldn’t and I believe he’d do everything to block that trade.

I heard he has his agents shooting down all inquiries from 500 or less teams. Can’t say I blame him.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

I heard he has his agents shooting down all inquiries from 500 or less teams. Can’t say I blame him.
    My money is on him landing in Baltimore since Jimmy Smith is never healthy. Even with Averette and Humphrey, young guys who are playing solid, I think they can upgrade on Carr and Ramsey would elevate their secondary to best in the NFL.

How quickly things change...just 3 seasons ago I'd hear talk about how FA's and other players were dying to come play for the Broncos
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Denver will NOT be be drafting in the top 5, they won't have a shot at either of those QBs. I would rather draft the best LT and build up the best line we can find for Lock
    i wouldn't say that till the draft, we do not have that good of a team. if we do anything it is rebuilding for the future cause we are slow on defense right now, so we are not elite there. we are also bad o-line, our offense hasn't clicked at all really this season. and rich looks overwhelmed so far. i don't think we have the speed fangio wants at ILB, nor the corners he wants for his Scheme

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Elway has had bad drafts in 2013, 2015 and 2017 other then that they are not bad

of his first draft
    von still here
    moore played 5 nfl seasons
    franklin played 6 nfl seasons
    nate I played 5 nfl seasons
    JT played 7 seasons
    virgil green still in the league

of the 2012 draft 3 of the 7 are still in the league,

of the 2014 draft
    5 -6 are still in the league
    2016 5-8 are still in the league\
    2017 4-8 still in the league...barely

people wrongly count players no longer on the team as a draft fail
    Still being in the league does not constitute good drafting.

Bolles is still in the NfL and he might easily be the worst dumbest pick elway has ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway has missed big, but I like his last two drafts. The fruits of a draft usually take a couple years, right now we are feeling the misses on Ray, Lynch, and Bolles.
    1. Bradley Chubb - Starter
    2. Courtland Sutton-Starter
    3. Royce Freeman ( our best rb this season
    4. Isaac Yiadom ( has started first 3 games)
    5. Josey Jewell - started
    6 DeSean Hamilton ( slot receiver)
    Jury still out but they all could be the
    1. Noah Fant
    2. Dalton Risner ( starter)
    3. Drew Lock
    4. Dremont Jones
    5. Justin Hollins
    6. Juwan Winfree
    Freeman, Yiadom, Jewell and Hamilton are not great players. Just because they are starting does not mean they are exceptional or even good. I do not believe that it is fair to judge the 2019 draft this season although it is fair to say that our OL is not doing great and our rookie TE looks the part.

I do however agree that what we are seeing now is a direct correlation of poor drafting for 4 or m0re years. Assuming 7 players per year are had then we've missed 28 potential contributors and most teams would expect 4 to 5 good true starters. Add onto that we've lost the shine for FA players. So before with Manning players would come here for at market value we are now needing to pay over market for mediocre....that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Freeman, Yiadom, Jewell and Hamilton are not great players. Just because they are starting does not mean they are exceptional or even good. I do not believe that it is fair to judge the 2019 draft this season although it is fair to say that our OL is not doing great and our rookie TE looks the part.

I do however agree that what we are seeing now is a direct correlation of poor drafting for 4 or m0re years. Assuming 7 players per year are had then we've missed 28 potential contributors and most teams would expect 4 to 5 good true starters. Add onto that we've lost the shine for FA players. So before with Manning players would come here for at market value we are now needing to pay over market for mediocre....that's a problem.
    Freeman has been really good this year, but i never said they were great. They are contributing to the team which is a lot better than the past couple drafts.
    I do agree we have paid over market for some free agents. But we will be in good shape next year with the cap, Elway has done a good job of not getting us where we are trapped with no cap in the future.

Very rarely do teams trade for a player who they will have to give up high draft compensation, while giving up a huge chunk of salary as well, it just doesn't happen, it's not a smart move. It's also extremely risky for a team like us to give up a first round pick in a trade for anyone, who knows how high that pick could end up being, top 10 ? Top 5 ? Who knows.

I also don't think Ramsey would even want to play here, this isn't an attractive situation to be in, unless he has a secret yearning to live in Colorado or something that no one knows about. A trade of this nature is not something a team in Denvers current position makes, and I hope Elway doesn't dig his hole any deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Still being in the league does not constitute good drafting.

Bolles is still in the NfL and he might easily be the worst dumbest pick elway has ever made.
    Being in the league and still playing means you ainít crap

Iím sure with you drafting we would have 6 pro bowlers drafted every year