Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pats cut AB

From Yahoo Sports...
    Antonio Brown isn’t playing football on Sunday since he was cut by the New England Patriots on Friday. What is he using that time to do? Well, he started his free Sunday by angrily tweeting about the NFL and Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

Brown is referring to the $9 million bonus that was guaranteed to him when he signed with the Patriots. The Pats cut him just days before $5 million of that was due.

While the money is guaranteed, Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson wrote on Sept. 11 that the Patriots included language in Brown’s contract that allows them to void that guarantee if he undermines the image of the team.

Brown said in the tweet that he “will not be playing in the NFL anymore,” but this isn’t the first time he’s threatened to quit football. He tweeted something similar just last month (was it only a month ago?) when he was fighting with the NFL and his former team, the Oakland Raiders, about his choice of helmet. It wasn’t true then, but it’s anyone’s guess if it’ll be true this time.

That tweet alone would have been enough to keep Brown’s name on everyone’s lips on Sunday, but he wasn’t done. He had something to say about Pats owner Robert Kraft.

Brown tried but badly failed to show the hypocrisy between Kraft’s situation and his own. Kraft allegedly had a consensual sexual encounter with a massage parlor employee. Brown is accused of forcibly raping a woman while she repeatedly yelled for him to stop. And as if it wasn’t enough for him to equate a consensual sexual encounter with forcible rape, he included what appears to be a picture of him and Britney Taylor, his former trainer who has accused him of raping her.

Brown didn’t just go after the owner of his former team. He went after Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger and NFL analyst and Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe.

It’s true that both Roethlisberger and Sharpe have been accused of sexual assault and are still employed. What Brown seems to be missing is that right now, no one is stopping him from playing football. He’s acting like he’s been banned for life when he’s just under investigation. If a team signs him he’ll likely land on the commissioner’s exempt list, which would be a waste of time and money for that team.

Right now, teams are probably waiting until the NFL finishes its investigation before they sign him, especially since a suspension could follow. But once he’s done serving his suspension, he’s free to play football — just like Roethlisberger was.

And to add a cherry on top of Brown’s unhinged Sunday morning tweetstorm, he essentially endorsed Patriots fans threatening the Sports Illustrated writer who exposed Brown’s second accuser and his efforts to intimidate her.

Someone needs to delete the Twitter app from Brown’s phone, or maybe just take his entire phone away, because he’s not doing himself any favors.
    He just keeps digging his grave deeper and deeper.....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    You signed a guy with clear issues. Keeping him would be trashy, but signing him in the first place was trashy as well.
    Sure, we can split hairs on why they would sign him to begin with but they did. Presently though these are new public issues and cutting him with the new baggage, especially the threatening text, is a smart move.

Antonio Brownís money will disappear quickly with his legal issues and lifestyle. In the unlikely event his legal team gets him to stay quiet, I would imagine theyíll push him to settle the civil suit. If he manages through the mounting legal issues, heíll no doubt try to make his way back to the league. Money has a way of making you miss the profession you think you can live without.

AB needs some help. I hope he gets it....

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I agree. There is something not clicking, and it is evident by the way he just goes deeper into the flame, than know when to move back, and accept the way things are.

The dude is going to lose a pile of money, long term recognition as one of the best WRs ever to play, and a host of other things....possibly including folks close to him. Hopefully he is innocent of recent allegations, because that would take his situation to a whole other place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Antonio Brown’s money will disappear quickly with his legal issues and lifestyle. In the unlikely event his legal team gets him to stay quiet, I would imagine they’ll push him to settle the civil suit. If he manages through the mounting legal issues, he’ll no doubt try to make his way back to the league. Money has a way of making you miss the profession you think you can live without.
    I was wondering if his legal team could take his devises away, but he could always borrow or someone will stick a mike in his face. Hard to control a situation / person like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a person to hit bottom before they realize this. I hope he gets help, too.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I was wondering if his legal team could take his devises away, but he could always borrow or someone will stick a mike in his face. Hard to control a situation / person like that.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a person to hit bottom before they realize this. I hope he gets help, too.
    Yes itís very unlikely heíll stop. He hasnít faced a severe consequence yet, which is sometimes the only catalyst for change.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I agree. There is something not clicking, and it is evident by the way he just goes deeper into the flame, than know when to move back, and accept the way things are.

The dude is going to lose a pile of money, long term recognition as one of the best WRs ever to play, and a host of other things....possibly including folks close to him. Hopefully he is innocent of recent allegations, because that would take his situation to a whole other place.
    So you hope these woman are either liars or don’t get justice so AB is ok?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So you hope these woman are either liars or don’t get justice so AB is ok?
    Huh?

I think what I said makes sense. I started by stating that he is basically a fool for what he is throwing away, and what he might throw away, like family and friends for all we know. The bolded part basically meant that, if the allegations were proven (and I didn't know if that was the case), his situation will be much, much worse, and justifiably so. In other words, what he has done outside of those allegations is goofy enough, but I said I hope, as in I really hope, he has not abused anyone as well, because that would be one SIGNIFICANT step deeper than any of the other stuff. But I don't know what has been proven, so it is best described as allegation until we know more.

Not sure if that explains it for you, but that was my intent in the first post. I thought I was fairly clear in what I meant. Saying "hopefully" does not mean I hope he comes out ahead, regardless of what he did. I said "hopefully" as in, hopefully for him, because of the consequences. They would be severe. But if proven guilty of such allegations, he would deserve his fate.

If you knew me, you would know that I would never make that type of statement. On the other hand, I can only call it an allegation, because everyone is entitled to justice....innocent until proven guilty. And justice must apply to all parties, him and anyone else he is alleged to have offended.
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-27-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Now heís getting into it with players on Twitter. I just want a day to go by where he isnít in the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Now he’s getting into it with players on Twitter. I just want a day to go by where he isn’t in the headlines.
    As Peerless said, the dude needs help.

Huh?

I think what I said makes sense. I started by stating that he is basically a fool for what he is throwing away, and what he might throw away, like family and friends for all we know. The bolded part basically meant that, if the allegations were proven (and I didn't know if that was the case), his situation will be much, much worse, and justifiably so. In other words, what he has done outside of those allegations is goofy enough, but I said I hope, as in I really hope, he has not abused anyone as well, because that would be one SIGNIFICANT step deeper than any of the other stuff. But I don't know what has been proven, so it is best described as allegation until we know more.

Not sure if that explains it for you, but that was my intent in the first post. I thought I was fairly clear in what I meant. Saying "hopefully" does not mean I hope he comes out ahead, regardless of what he did. I said "hopefully" as in, hopefully for him, because of the consequences. They would be severe. But if proven guilty of such allegations, he would deserve his fate.

If you knew me, you would know that I would never make that type of statement. On the other hand, I can only call it an allegation, because everyone is entitled to justice....innocent until proven guilty. And justice must apply to all parties, him and anyone else he is alleged to have offended.
    How would anyone interpret the bolded as anything but all about AB?

the allegations are false - so there are two liars out there?
    He find a legal loophole - leaving (alleged) victims without justice?

There is no nice ending to your (bolded) statement, especially when you add the part where you call it his situation? not his (alleged) victims? It comes across as very apologetic for an adult acting live he has in the media and now (possibly) having done far worse?

This guy keeps getting crazier......

Antonio Brown was a childish, foul-mouthed monster during his deposition for his condo-trashing case last week ... this according to new court docs filed by the opposing lawyer.

As we previously reported, Brown appeared at a Miami office building on Sept. 24 to be questioned as part of a lawsuit in which he's accused of going berserk at his luxury condo, causing thousands of dollars in damage, but never paying the bill.
    But, attorneys for the complex -- The Mansions at Acqualina -- say once AB sat down for the depo, things quickly spiraled out of control.

"Antonio Brown was extremely noncompliant and flagrantly disorderly, to the point that he frustrated the totality of the proceeding."

Oh, it gets worse ... the attorney claims Brown's deposition was filled with "tumultuous tirades, defiant rants, use of profane language and refusal to comport himself in a civilized and grown-up manner."

"Once the deposition started, almost immediately, [Brown] was belligerent and pugnacious, refusing to answer the most routine of questions."
    Instead of answering questions, Brown allegedly "chanted, over and over, as if a mantra, a narrative of his own warped concept of the proceeding, namely that we should only address his counterclaim."
    Brown has claimed in legal docs that the condo owners failed to provide adequate security which resulted in a burglary of Brown's unit, in which he claims $80,000 in cash and a gun were stolen.
    The deposition ended when Brown started a 5-minute countdown ... and then walked out of the office at noon -- long before it was scheduled to end, the docs say.
    According to the docs, Acqualina's legal team wants the judge to force Brown to sit for ANOTHER deposition.
    Plus, they want a judge to hit Brown with sanctions for his behavior and they want a "special master" to attend the next depo to make sure Brown complies and behaves himself.

..... and

Antonio Brown caused the Oakland Raiders and the New England Patriots a whole lot of grief throughout the month of September and it ultimately led to his release from both of those teams. As of right now, Brown is being investigated by the NFL and hasn’t been able to find himself another home in the league. After losing out on millions of dollars in guaranteed money, Brown is set to file nine grievances against the NFL and on Monday, Brown displayed confidence in the fact that he’ll win.

Brown’s packaging of this confidence was somewhat bizarre as he posted his own highlight to YouTube. In a video titled “AB Files Grievance 61 Million and Won, Check it Out (80th Touchdown),” Brown lets his viewers relive his one and only touchdown with the New England Patriots.

As you can tell from the title, Brown seems to think he’s already won his grievances although we all know that’s not exactly the case. Brown’s syntax and grammar here leave a lot to be desired so the messaging might be a little confusing. That English 303 class will certainly come in handy.

.... and....

Erstwhile Steelers, Raiders and Patriots receiver Antonio Brown, re-enrolled in Central Michigan University for about a week now, has learned something.

There’s a play clock in academia, too.

Last weekend, with a deadline looming, Brown looked to Twitter for assistance.

“My English paper do by tonight 12am,” he wrote Sunday morning. “Need a prof reader make sure As and Bs #Eng303.”