Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Lol. Dissolve wins the internet today.
    lol I saw that somewhere it was too funny not to pass on
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    AB had a nice haul with New England:

$1 million guaranteed salary
    $9 million signing bonus (2 installments)
    $32,250 per game bonus (1 game/Miami)

It will be interesting to see if New England voids the contract based on the off field legal issues.
    The Patriots had agreed to pay Brown a $9 million signing bonus, which was divided into two parts -- $5 million that was due to be paid Sept. 23 (Monday) and $4 million that wasn't due to be paid until Jan. 15. Brown, however, is unlikely to get any of the bonus because of a representation warranty clause that calls for a player to disclose any situations that might prevent continued availability, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The NFL Players Association could file a grievance over the money, and sources told ESPN last week that Brown was under a confidentiality agreement while attorneys for he and Taylor discussed a potential settlement for months. But the team can argue Brown could have notified it of any looming issues, even in generalities.

Brown, instead, likely will be paid by the Patriots for only Week 2 and Week 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Brown, instead, likely will be paid by the Patriots for only Week 2 and Week 3.
    what will that add up to
    Red 98

I hope the Patriots keep the money and win the ensuing grievance that will be filed.

The knucklehead tried to intimidate a woman who wasnít going to press criminal charges or file a lawsuit. There was zero reason to do it and he included her children in the attempt to intimidate her.

Heís a special kind of stupid.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    what will that add up to
    $188,000 for 3 weeks. At least, that's what they just said on SC.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I hope the Patriots keep the money and win the ensuing grievance that will be filed.

The knucklehead tried to intimidate a woman who wasn’t going to press criminal charges or file a lawsuit. There was zero reason to do it and he included her children in the attempt to intimidate her.

He’s a special kind of stupid.
    As a neutral bystander, I actually would love it if the Pats lose millions for their bad decision even if AB benefits. What can I say ...... not a Pats fan which makes me not that neutral after all then does it?
    Red 98

So apparently his total salary for the year? His $153,000 game check... guarantees in NE all but gone....pending a grievance...

And the nice thing? NE get the cap hit still for the 9mil spread over 2 years
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So apparently his total salary for the year? His $153,000 game check... guarantees in NE all but gone....pending a grievance...

And the nice thing? NE get the cap hit still for the 9mil spread over 2 years
    Do they take the 9mil cap hit if they donít pay the signing bonus? I read they werenít scheduled to pay the first installment of the signing bonus until this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Do they take the 9mil cap hit if they don’t pay the signing bonus? I read they weren’t scheduled to pay the first installment of the signing bonus until this week.
    The report I read said the league was going to apply the 9 mil cap hit to them regardless. Split over 2 years.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Hope it was worth 1 win against .............. Miami
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    The report I read said the league was going to apply the 9 mil cap hit to them regardless. Split over 2 years.
    Outstanding.....

ABC News reporter this morning several teams contacted Rosenhaus with interest in AB. They said teams inquired about his legal situation and the NFLís investigation.

I would think the NFL will put AB on the exempt list at some point.

I live in New England territory. Somehow them cutting AB is being spun into them being Classy, and further promotes the Patriot way

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I live in New England territory. Somehow them cutting AB is being spun into them being Classy, and further promotes the Patriot way
    Why wouldn't it though? Keeping him in light of recent events would be trashy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Why wouldn't it though? Keeping him in light of recent events would be trashy.
    You signed a guy with clear issues. Keeping him would be trashy, but signing him in the first place was trashy as well.