Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 133
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Endaround View Post
    chronic complainers will complain..
    Complaining about complainers, as if it ainít another complaint from a complainer is like an onamonapia ate a palindrome.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,268
    Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Vance didnít make this mess Elway did. The coaches just cook with the groceries that Elway buys.
    Well seeing how Vance was largely responsible for turning the No Fly Zone into an airport, I'd say he certainly played his part.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,241
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Hello, Mr Jump to Conclusion. Where in my post did I say we shouldíve drafted DJ? I said it was hard watching his debut.... and we had a shot at him (amongst others).

    If I recall, and an audit was taken on my pre-draft DJ posts.... I was both pro and con on that pick. But, my opinion counts for nothing bc I am not paid to make the decision nor was I privy to all the behind the scenes intel required to make that sort of decision.

    But, it seems like youíve been holding in some animosity for some time... so happy I could help you get something off your chest.
    The pre-draft argument you made was about his completion% and you didnít do your homework through watching the tape. Itís fine that you were wrong about Jones.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The pre-draft argument you made was about his completion% and you didnít do your homework through watching the tape. Itís fine that you were wrong about Jones.
    Well, I can sleep better tonight knowing youíve reached this conclusion. So, by this, youíre stating here and now that 1 game vindicates all those ardent DJ supporters?

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,241
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Well, I can sleep better tonight knowing youíve reached this conclusion. So, by this, youíre stating here and now that 1 game vindicates all those ardent DJ supporters?
    Itís okay that you used the completion% for your analysis of Jones. Itís useful to watch the tape instead of dismissing a draft prospect on one stat. I would say that his play in preseason and early in his first season, you overlooked his talent and skills.

    That is all.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Itís okay that you used the completion% for your analysis of Jones. Itís useful to watch the tape instead of dismissing a draft prospect on one stat. I would say that his play in preseason and early in his first season, you overlooked his talent and skills.

    That is all.
    Itís useful to watch tape? Talk about living on planet delusional. I had plenty to say in support of Jones... but thatís besides the point here...

    I have a life! Why on earth would I watch tape... Between 2 kids, a full-time job, a plethora of projects and hobbies coinciding simultaneously.... beyond the frivolous pleasures frittered away watching sports.... I should take time to review scouting film So i can appear more educated on my message board posts?

    Hello!

    It wouldnít matter if I blasted a prospect for months.... I still have the right for blasting my team for missing out on him. Youíre comparing the skin of an apple to the length of the large intestines of aardvarks...

    I guarantee you if I was paid to evaluate the landscape.... then I would pour my entire being in said pursuit. Ergo, since I do this in everything I do... for tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes.... I expect the people in charge of things in DEN to be on top of this stuff. And if they miss, and it impacts wins/losses... heck yeah I see disparity between an off the cuff flippant opinion versus an exhausting and extensive professional evaluation...

    Do you understand the difference?

    I mean, if I recommend to my wife to order a certain dish, and it disappoints, then I forfeit my right to give the restaurant a negative review?
    Last edited by fraguela09; 09-22-2019 at 08:40 PM.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    It’s useful to watch tape? Talk about living on planet delusional. I had plenty to say in support of Jones... but that’s besides the point here...

    I have a life! Why on earth would I watch tape... Between 2 kids, a full-time job, a plethora of projects and hobbies coinciding simultaneously.... beyond the frivolous pleasures frittered away watching sports.... I should take time to review scouting film So i can appear more educated on my message board posts?

    Hello!

    It wouldn’t matter if I blasted a prospect for months.... I still have the right for blasting my team for missing out on him. You’re comparing the skin of an apple to the length of the large intestines of aardvarks...

    I guarantee you if I was paid to evaluate the landscape.... then I would pour my entire being in said pursuit. Ergo, since I do this in everything I do... for tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes.... I expect the people in charge of things in DEN to be on top of this stuff. And if they miss, and it impacts wins/losses... heck yeah I see disparity between an off the cuff flippant opinion versus an exhausting and extensive professional evaluation...

    Do you understand the difference?

    I mean, if I recommend to my wife to order a certain dish, and it disappoints, then I forfeit my right to give the restaurant a negative review?
    running a football team is alot harder. The Denver broncos have won three of 53 superbowls, the most won by any team is 6 , all 32 teams have people giving their all, fans can criticize all they want but at the end of the day go to their day job cause they can't cut it on any of the 32 teams front offices.
    Criticizing a team is the easiest job in the nfl. hindsight is 20/20 and even if you got it right on one decision, 10 more they would mess up.
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,270
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    running a football team is alot harder. The Denver broncos have won three of 53 superbowls, the most won by any team is 6 , all 32 teams have people giving their all, fans can criticize all they want but at the end of the day go to their day job cause they can't cut it on any of the 32 teams front offices.
    Criticizing a team is the easiest job in the nfl. hindsight is 20/20 and even if you got it right on one decision, 10 more they would mess up.
    In a macro sense, all those cliches are true. But thereís a reason some front offices are more successful than others.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,366
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Well seeing how Vance was largely responsible for turning the No Fly Zone into an airport, I'd say he certainly played his part.
    More than his fair share really......
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,366
    Fangio on Sanders' "world of suck": “He was just repeating what I had said in locker room following game. I told them We’re going to have to deal with everybody thinking we suck. All of us. Not just players. Coaches, everybody in organization. We need to deal w/that.’’ #9sports
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Despite your optimism against the broncos, I will still watch the game
    I really and truly hope that Denver does win. I would have more confidence if Foles was playing. (you saw that right)
    A lot of you have not seen Minshew play. He was lighting it up at Wash St. I feel that his game translates well to the NFL. This is what makes me nervous about Sunday......

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Fangio on Sanders' "world of suck": “He was just repeating what I had said in locker room following game. I told them We’re going to have to deal with everybody thinking we suck. All of us. Not just players. Coaches, everybody in organization. We need to deal w/that.’’ #9sports
    True words from a True Coach. Coach Fangio will fix this it is just going to take a lot of time.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,368
    It is absurd, at this point, to say Fangio is better than Joseph.

    Could it eventually be that? Sure, it could end up being that. Itís not that right now.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,368
    You canít spot Fangio Miller and Chubb, both of whom performed well under Joseph and Woods, and then suggest we wait 4 years for him to build the defense.

    Itís not just about penalties and a lack of talent. Thatís just excuse making.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    4,676
    I put to much stock into this team. For 3 years I have been depressed every Fall and its the trusts fault. They have ruined my favorite time of year. Need a real owner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •