Failed Experiment?

I have thought for a while that the Rockies should do the right thing and quit MLB and return the property back to the indigenous people so we don't have to suffer the chiding from every Tom, Dick and low lander about the issues of MLB at altitude.

Now however, when I consider the Broncos with their proud and storied history I know quitting is not the answer, nor is tanking as do you really think another draft will dig us out of this hole?

But gee wiz this seems as hopeless as the Rockies where no, it won't be better next year. over and over.

As bad as we have played, and we have played bad, we had a legit chance to win nearly every game we were in without, stupid penalties, and bad turnovers. I realize that is the difference between winning and losing but some of this is fixable even this season. I am not predicting a win streak of 3 or more games but some wins could come soon, if we quit making it so easy for the other team by shooting ourselves in the foot.

Lets go win this next game at home. Get a darn sack or two. Win by a decent amount. And start the process of feeling good again. The team/coaches having fun and getting some confidence, etc... Go from there.
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    As bad as we have played, and we have played bad, we had a legit chance to win nearly every game we were in without, stupid penalties, and bad turnovers. I realize that is the difference between winning and losing but some of this is fixable even this season. I am not predicting a win streak of 3 or more games but some wins could come soon, if we quit making it so easy for the other team by shooting ourselves in the foot.
    We seem to have an offense, not sure why the defense went backwards under Fangio.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, just not sure how far away it is. The players need to stay upbeat, the coaches need to coach, the fans need to believe in the team.

Let's get a W at home next week.
    [

Usually when teams get this bad it stays that way for awhile. Weve been lucky as Bronco fans not to have endured times like these in many of the fans lifetime. It seems like now though its finally our time to suffer.

Take the Chargers as an example, even with Rivers, they went through a stretch up until last year, of only making the playoffs 1 time in 8 years, that included a 4 and 5 win seasons.

Its rough right now, but with the way the Chiefs are playing, even if we were winning we likely still wouldnt have a chance at the division. So... if there ever was a time to suck, maybe this is it.

Just hang in there, whenever we finally start winning again, the wins will feel so much sweeter.

Having the current Chefs in our division or conference or heck, league. We're all dead anyway for a while.

May not be safe for work: Mahomes is the La Bron James of the NFL.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8ddKDUwuQ

When I have been looking at this team on the field I couldn't help but look back on Fangio's initial pressers and his "Death by Inches" tagline. What I find somewhat ironic in all of this is that by my account we are losing games because of what my interpretation of "Death by Inches" means.

- Holding penalties: usually ARE ALWAYS as a result of poor technique (what I interpreted as "Inches")
    - Not calling the right defensive plays to properly cover the field (what I interpreted as "Inches")
    - Ball security (what I interpreted as "Inches")
    - Creative defensive schemes (what I interpreted as "Inches")
    - Missed coverages (what I interpreted as "Inches")

This is all adding up. There is a large part of me which is wondering if Fangio NEEDS give up the play calling and focus on just being a HC. Those duties SHOULD (and I hope) help correct the other issues we are having. Fix these technique issues, hold the coordinators feet to the fire....

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    Having the current Chefs in our division or conference or heck, league. We're all dead anyway for a while.

May not be safe for work: Mahomes is the La Bron James of the NFL.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8ddKDUwuQ
    Yep, Im thinking the same thing, its probably the best time to suck. Maybe in a few years well be good again, Mahomes will be pretty beat up (he takes a lot of hits), and the Chiefs wont be quite as good.

Throw in the Patriots and the AFCCG is already basically decided, so whats the point? Might as be bad and stock up on draft picks
    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 09-23-2019 at 10:30 AM.