Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    That’s me, going down with the ship!
    We'll all go down with the ship....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Third straight game I haven't watched. Strange, don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Sad .
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Hard watching Daniel Jones lead a final minute comeback vs TB? We had a shot at Wilson, Dak, Darnold, Jones but are employing Flacco!
    Last edited by fraguela09; 09-22-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    From 32 to 26
    And we were 32 because we had just won the Super Bowl, thank you John
    The fact is that he used a first round pick and moved up for a project quarterback. I understand defending Elway. He had success and nobody denies that. He’s also responsible for the complete collapse of the franchise. Through poor drafts, bad contracts and coaching decisions, the Broncos are one of the bottom three teams in the league. When credit is given for success it must be applied to failure

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Hard watching Daniel Jones lead a final minute comeback vs TB? We had a shot at Wilson, Dak, Darnold, Jones but are employing Flacco!
    Stop. You were one of the most vocal opponents of Daniel Jones based on his completion percentage. While several people on this board explained the fact that he had the skills, but did not have talent around him at Duke, you dug your heels in and vehemently opposed him based on one statistic. Do not come back with the notion the Broncos should have drafted Jones when you opposed him.

How long before the defensive players arent buying what Fangio is selling?

I will say one thing he did right, he didn't assign team captains said leaders step up and are born into that role.

We have no leaders, von may act and wear that title off rep alone but I'm not sure hes a leader. This team needs a new identity, we really haven't had one but this is Elways issue in my mind.

Bear with me I know I'm all over the place but I feel like Elway still thinks we are just a qb away from winning and being a contender so he is just plugging and playing at that position thinking he got the defense of old.

That 2015 defense is a far off memory. Its older not as dynamic as it was and we cant depend on it to carry us to wins like 15.

Elway if he stays and if we have a miserable year I'd be hard pressed that Ellis shouldn't go out and get a true gm with a clear cut vision to bring us back but if Elway stays all resources need to be used to get us a QB that's franchise material. I dont care if you have to package 1st round picks go out and get your guy no matter the capital. We need to move away from the game managers and get a guy that can win it for us.

Until Elway gets out of this mindset we are just spinning wheels and going nowhere fast.

Also for the fangio apologist out there I cant give him a pass right now. The record is what it is but dont say that it's because of VJ as to why hes having to band aid his defense. VJ doesnt have anything to do with him dropping Miller and Chubb into coverage. This is bad, I'm not saying the defense is terrible by any means but it isnt wowing or scaring anybody either.

A rod clowned our defenders in his post game conference and the team should feel bad about it but it's well deserved I dont recall harassing A rod or knocking him around.

I'm wondering where we would get our first win from to be honest.

Vance didn’t make this mess Elway did. The coaches just cook with the groceries that Elway buys.

This team is the culmination of many FO blunders for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Hamilton catching the ball, Sanders not tripping , our Defense not stopping a Bears offense on 4th and 15 to end the game , our Offense not having 3 turnovers one being inside the 5 and the other inside our 40 . You cant give Rodgers the ball like that. It's hard to put blame where blame should be placed. Everyone wants Elway fired , thinks the coaching staff was a mistake in which 99% of this board liked before the season started. The Players are the most responsible to perform on Gameday. I cant say if we win today if we dont have turnovers but we really should be 2-1 at least . That's why people should pump the brakes .
    Let's keep in mind this is more than a 3 game sample as to why people are calling for Elway. The drafting, 6 wins 5 wins and who knows how many this year I mean you have to call it how you see it. All fans are grateful for what hes done as gm but when the broncos suffer from his decision making you have to make that tough decision and move on.

Elway has really sent us in a direction that is going backwards. Like I said we need a new identity and I think Elway got us as far as he could. We need to move forward in my opinion.

We completely blew two drafts, and a coaching hire (VJ). Just have to take our medicine until hopefully another draft or two of productive players can arrive. Frankly, we’ve been spoiled since the mid 80s. All of the above isn’t anything the average NFL franchise doesn’t go through periodically- or in some sad cases routinely. Admittedly, it’s a little odd when we were on top of the football world as recently as February 2016- but more and more looking like we cheated the glue factory to pilfer a ring in ‘15. Might as well just be grateful. At any rate, hopefully our stay in purgatory is brief...
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 09-22-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Ok that explains it . It's all your fault lol

Problem is they are not rebuilding. They have DUD Flacco at Qb no youth, maybe Sutton ? Chubb ? team is a total disaster. Elway has to go. It starts and ends with him, Sanders, Flacco shouldn’t be anywhere this team. This team needs youth and to rebuild. And Elway s drafts have been a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by jbones733 View Post
    Problem is they are not rebuilding. They have DUD Flacco at Qb no youth, maybe Sutton ? Chubb ? team is a total disaster. Elway has to go. It starts and ends with him, Sanders, Flacco shouldn’t be anywhere this team. This team needs youth and to rebuild. And Elway s drafts have been a disaster
    IF we actually have something in Lock (a big if obviously)- than suddenly a legitimate rebuild is underway IMHO. That’s how important a young QB is to all this. Seems to me Lock/Lindsay/Sutton/Fant etc. would not be all that far away (potentially) from Cutler/Hillis/Marshall/Sheffler in 2007 or so- which was probably our last “home grown” promising talent set on offense. Hopefully we wouldn’t squander it this time...

FWIW I’m a close follower of the SEC (and not just the “big” teams), and have high hopes for Lock (based on what I saw). We shall see of course...
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 09-22-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Stop. You were one of the most vocal opponents of Daniel Jones based on his completion percentage. While several people on this board explained the fact that he had the skills, but did not have talent around him at Duke, you dug your heels in and vehemently opposed him based on one statistic. Do not come back with the notion the Broncos should have drafted Jones when you opposed him.
    Hello, Mr Jump to Conclusion. Where in my post did I say we should’ve drafted DJ? I said it was hard watching his debut.... and we had a shot at him (amongst others).

If I recall, and an audit was taken on my pre-draft DJ posts.... I was both pro and con on that pick. But, my opinion counts for nothing bc I am not paid to make the decision nor was I privy to all the behind the scenes intel required to make that sort of decision.

But, it seems like you’ve been holding in some animosity for some time... so happy I could help you get something off your chest.