Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    One only needs to look at his career stats to see he doesn’t always implode like Eli Manning for example .

Go look at his head to head record vs the chiefs, he’s won about as many as he’s lost.

You’re not the only one that doesn’t know what he’s talking about so don’t worry about it.
    That head to head record is remarkable.........seeing as Rivers is 76-79 over the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Although the Chiefs have always had a strong fan-base, win or lose, I'm seeing a lot of newbies coming out of the woodwork just because of Mahomes.
    Not a big deal. I became a fan when they got Montana and I never left. Everybody has got to start someplace. And really....who decides to be a fan of a team that is horrible unless they are raised to be one and don't know any better? I became a fan of the Royals in 85...their World Series winning year....and never left them either. 30 years later we get to win the series again. It doesn't matter why you become a fan.....it matters if you will stick with them through the bad times or not.

One only needs to look at his career stats to see he doesn’t always implode like Eli Manning for example .

Go look at his head to head record vs the chiefs, he’s won about as many as he’s lost.

You’re not the only one that doesn’t know what he’s talking about so don’t worry about it.
    I do remember in the early years of Rivers having some trouble with him...but it seems like it was win one year...lose the next kind of thing. Mostly for a while now the Chiefs have experienced bad Phyllis Rivers. You know when he comes into the game crying about everything that it is going to be good times against him.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Not a big deal. I became a fan when they got Montana and I never left. Everybody has got to start someplace. And really....who decides to be a fan of a team that is horrible unless they are raised to be one and don't know any better? I became a fan of the Royals in 85...their World Series winning year....and never left them either. 30 years later we get to win the series again. It doesn't matter why you become a fan.....it matters if you will stick with them through the bad times or not.
    I tend to agree. As long as you stick to your team that's all that matters. The Chiefs are experiencing what NE had gone through. Half of our fans are more recent. The only good thing about our dynasty ending is that the bandwagoners will be gone.

but even that is misleading... since rivers started the chiefs have had 5 seasons below .500, including 2 season with 2 wins, and 2 seasons with 4 wins

in those rivers is 8-2
    in the seasons the chiefs are above .500
    rivers record is 5-11

so when the chiefs are terrible rivers wins, when the chiefs are a good team rivers typically loses

and rivers has always imploded when it counts specifically in the post season where eli has two rings and a SB MVP, and rivers has a...………….comeback player of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    but even that is misleading... since rivers started the chiefs have had 5 seasons below .500, including 2 season with 2 wins, and 2 seasons with 4 wins

in those rivers is 8-2
    rivers record is 5-11

so when the chiefs are terrible rivers wins, when the chiefs are a good team rivers typically loses

and rivers has always imploded when it counts specifically in the post season where eli has two rings and a SB MVP, and rivers has a...………….comeback player of the year?
    Is that really your method of defense?

You’re really contradicting yourself right now because when was the last time John Elway and the Broncos beat the Chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Is that really your method of defense?

You’re really contradicting yourself right now because when was the last time John Elway and the Broncos beat the Chiefs?
    sorry sonny boy I forgot to give you the memo that this isn't about your Elway obsession,

pssst its about rivers

sorry sonny boy I forgot to give you the memo that this isn't about your Elway obsession,

pssst its about rivers
    “Elway obsession”

That’s what you call it when a bad GM runs a once great franchise into the dirt?
    This was about rivers until you brought up Elway.

All I said was Elways Broncos haven’t beaten the Chiefs either so stop making yourself look like a fool by contradicting yourself.

Do I have to treat you like TammyBrady12 by explaining every freaking detail?

It’s funny how you try to be bad but fail at every single attempt. Your not as good as I am at this!

You can’t hang with the big boys now, it’s way out of your scope so you may as well give up.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-21-2019 at 04:52 PM.

“Elway obsession”

That’s what you call it when a bad GM runs a once great franchise into the dirt?

All I said was Elways Broncos haven’t beaten the Chiefs either so stop making yourself look like a fool by contradicting yourself.

It’s funny how you try to be bad but fail at every single attempt. Your not as good as I am at this!

You can’t hang with the big boys now, it’s way out of your scope so you may as well give up.

Sonny the adults are talking here, go back to the kids table

The discussion has turned to rivers

Not elway

Not your obsession of elway

Sonny the adults are talking here, go back to the kids table

The discussion has turned to rivers

Not elway

Not your obsession of elway
    normally I wouldn’t even bother to tell you to try again but your attempts are just so damn funny so please by all means continue.

I wasn't directing that at you....

“Elway obsession”

Elway ran the franchise into the dirt LOL!!!!!!
    The team was 4-12 when he was hired!
    They went on to win 5 straight division championships, 2 conference championships, and the team’s 3rd Super Bowl title.

Elway has no doubt made mistakes since the Super Bowl win, bad draft, and free agent pick ups and a really bad head coach in VJ.
    That set the team back, but I’m my opinion the team is headed in the right direction.

in those rivers is 8-2
    rivers record is 5-11

I already proved that wasn’t always the case, 2006 he and the chargers offense had that game won, Marlon Mccree picked off Brady and just needed to slide and the game would have been over.

In 2009 the jets beat them by 3 points. He didn’t play great (but better than the opposing QB who you credit for that win ironically) and his kicker who only missed 2 kicks all year missed 3 in that game.

Yet it’s rivers who choked? That’s fine, if that’s true and regardless of the circumstances he’s a choker if he lost,

Then you must agree that Peyton Manning is the biggest choker in NFL history?

But my original point stands, rivers didn’t always “implode” against the chiefs or any team.

He had a game winning drive against the chiefs just last year when they were good.

Well youl said rivers always “implodes” vs the chiefs. I’m honestly wondering if you remember when your team was pretty bad and was getting owned by rivers and the chargers?

Between 2006 (rivers’ first year as a starter) and 2012 (the year before Reid got hired) rivers and the chargers had a 10-4 record against the chiefs.

Yes the chiefs have been better since Reid got there but don’t act like rivers had always imploded against your team.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway ran the franchise into the dirt LOL!!!!!!
    The team was 4-12 when he was hired!
    They went on to win 5 straight division championships, 2 conference championships, and the team’s 3rd Super Bowl title.

Elway has no doubt made mistakes since the Super Bowl win, bad draft, and free agent pick ups and a really bad head coach in VJ.
    That set the team back, but I’m my opinion the team is headed in the right direction.
    This is all true but was it necessary? He didn’t have to demand that a 9-7 staff be dismissed, nor did he have to allow Wade to walk or as you guys say “allow VJ to allow Wade to walk”.

He didn’t have to be so hung up on an unproven VJ when Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay we’re both out there. It is his job to understand were the potential lies with young up and coming coaches.

Everyone makes mistakes but Elways were just ludicrous especially with everyone else telling him so as he was doing it. He’s still doing it, last offseason Gary Kubiak said after the Joe Flacco trade “he’s got some balls to go that route”. John has had a lot of help but chooses to ignore and refuse it. Oh but wait, pointing this out just makes me an “Elway hater”.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-22-2019 at 09:06 PM.