Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trade Von? Go full Miami?

Personally, I think the Von Miller era is over. This team needs a rebuild and by the time itís competitive again, Von will be approaching his mid 30ís - and thatís if itís done right.

Everyone is laughing at the football team in Miami...but unlike Elway, at least they are thinking longterm. Did you know they now have 5 first round picks and 9 second round picks in the next two years? That will likely include the first overall pick in 2020. They get to tryout Rosen on a throw-away year and if he doesnít workout, they likely have their pick of Tua, Herbert, and Fromm. Add in all the other picks they get and this team could be competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Elway doesnít seem to have this type of patience which is what the Broncos need right now. Itís ok to be bad AS LONG as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At least they have a direction in Miami.

What could we get for Von right now? I say no more than a 3rd and maybe a 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Oust_Elway View Post
    Personally, I think the Von Miller era is over. This team needs a rebuild and by the time it’s competitive again, Von will be approaching his mid 30’s - and that’s if it’s done right.

Everyone is laughing at the football team in Miami...but unlike Elway, at least they are thinking longterm. Did you know they now have 5 first round picks and 9 second round picks in the next two years? That will likely include the first overall pick in 2020. They get to tryout Rosen on a throw-away year and if he doesn’t workout, they likely have their pick of Tua, Herbert, and Fromm. Add in all the other picks they get and this team could be competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Elway doesn’t seem to have this type of patience which is what the Broncos need right now. It’s ok to be bad AS LONG as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At least they have a direction in Miami.
    So what you're saying is, trade Von and all the problems this team has will be fixed? How does trading Von fix the defensive schemes designed by fangio??? Defensive schemes that are not working How does trading Von fix Flacco being nothing more than a mediocre QB? Btw, it's NEVER ok to be a bad football team.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    So what you're saying is, trade Von and all the problems this team has will be fixed? How does trading Von fix the defensive schemes designed by fangio??? Defensive schemes that are not working How does trading Von fix Flacco being nothing more than a mediocre QB? Btw, it's NEVER ok to be a bad football team.
    At some points in a team's life cycle, yes it is Okay to be a bad football team. Look at the Miami Dolphins. They're tanking to oblivion, but they're thinking of the long-term future, a la becoming a new dynasty. John Elway is oblivious to this thinking, and he's costing us the long-term future by not wanting to rebuild.

I'm fairly certain Pat Bowlen regrets making that Trust, because his vision has been demolished by his own making.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I think heís saying weíll get multiple picks for Von in exchange therefore we could rebuild.

I donít think weíll get very much and no where near what Oakland got fit Mack.

There is no way that Von Miller will be traded during the regular season.

Can't trade him right now.
    The value you would get him wouldn't be worth the Amount we would still owe him. If the goal was to really trade him we would have to pad his stats to make him more appealing. Doing this would prob leave us prone to giving up big plays.

Von's trade value can't be very high right now. If we were going to trade him, the time would have been prior to the season- like Mack. We could have gotten a 1st for him but now a 2nd is more likely. Not sure that's worth it.

A contender might send a 3rd or 4th for CHJ and maybe a 5th for Sanders. Both are likely gone after the season, I would entertain the thought of trading them. After that I don't think there's anyone with value I would ship out. All the other talent is young, cheap, and under contract for a few years.

I do agree it is time to blow it up. Youth movement. Build for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Probably true. The opportunity for any real value would have been a trade coming off a 14.5 sack season (although padded with 5 sacks vs two poor right tackles). It is unlikely Elway will move on from Von after 2019, despite the need to create more cap space.

I donít think tanking is as effective in the NFL as say MLB, or NHL. NFL is more about ďcultureĒ and any time youíre taking the field with no intention of winning for a couple years itís hard not to poison the building IMHO. Itís not like you can hide your top picks for a couple years on a farm team to insulate them from the suckage and loserism. Theyíll be a part of it all. Honestly, other than the 90s Cowboys who nailed seemingly every pick and trade- has this ever really worked [and even there Johnson/Jones weíre tearing down a dilapidated machine (Landryís Cowboys) that had finally run its course- not trying to solve losing by losing more like MIA]? MIA thinks theyíre being clever- but are in for a rude awakening IMHO...
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 09-23-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    I don’t think tanking is as effective in the NFL as say MLB, or NHL. NFL is more about “culture” and any time you’re taking the field with no intention of winning for a couple years it’s hard not to poison the building IMHO. It’s not like you can hide your top picks for a couple years on a farm team to insulate them from the suckage and loserism. They’ll be a part of it all. Honestly, other than the 90s Cowboys who nailed seemingly every pick and trade- has this ever really worked? MIA thinks they’re being clever- but are in for a rude awakening IMHO...
    Yes you nailed it. The Browns did it for years and it hasn't worked out very well for them. I am not wanting to see Denver draft top 5 for 8 straight years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oust_Elway View Post
    Personally, I think the Von Miller era is over. This team needs a rebuild and by the time it’s competitive again, Von will be approaching his mid 30’s - and that’s if it’s done right.

Everyone is laughing at the football team in Miami...but unlike Elway, at least they are thinking longterm. Did you know they now have 5 first round picks and 9 second round picks in the next two years? That will likely include the first overall pick in 2020. They get to tryout Rosen on a throw-away year and if he doesn’t workout, they likely have their pick of Tua, Herbert, and Fromm. Add in all the other picks they get and this team could be competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Elway doesn’t seem to have this type of patience which is what the Broncos need right now. It’s ok to be bad AS LONG as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At least they have a direction in Miami.
    The problem is Von Miller right now essentially has zero trade value and we can't trade him anyways because of the hit

Elway clearly in retrospect made a big mistake restructuring his contract

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    The problem is Von Miller right now essentially has zero trade value and we can't trade him anyways because of the hit

Elway clearly in retrospect made a big mistake restructuring his contract
    I donít care about the hit. Iím actually rooting for the Broncos to lose right now anyways. Letís take the hit and get it over with. I think he has some value for a contender.

Elway would have to be fired immediately for that to happen. He will not trade Von. I had said in another thread that Elway is an extension of Bowlen. So the mantra Bowlen had of "I want to be first in everything" still resonates with Elway IMHO. Everyone from the top down would have to go before the fire sale began.