Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Multiple times I watched him reach the 2nd level on combo blocks, Every time he sealed his man off. He may not be an all pro but man he appears to be at minimum a tier below.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    So, I guess he's a great OL draft choice by John Elway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Well since you brought it up, Dude is the man and it’s a good thing he sought out Elway last spring otherwise we would have ended up with Mack Wilson, who isn’t bad but we needed o-linemen!

Hopefully we’ll see Tate Ratledge or Paris Johnson jr playing next to him in the not too distant future.
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Yes, he was a great OL draft choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Well, that makes one in his entire tenure.

Still, I am digging Risner. I like how he consistently runs with the runner and pushes the pile.
    Elway has drafted eleven O-Linemen: Orlando Franklin (2011, 2nd, #46); Philip Blake (2012, 4th, #108); Vinston Painter (2013, 6th, #173); Michael Schofield (2014, 3rd, #95); Matt Paradis (2014, 6th, #207); Ty Sambrailo (2015, 2nd, #59); Max Garcia (2015, 4th, #133); Connor McGovern (2016, 5th, #144); Garrett Bolles (2017, 1st, #20); Sam Jones (2018, 6th, #183); and, Dalton Risner (2019, 2nd, #41)

Of these, Franklin, Blake and Painter are no longer in football. Franklin was a starter and good player for Denver.

McGovern, Bolles and Risner currently start for Denver. Paradis starts for Carolina and Schofield starts for LAC.

Sambrailo is Swing Tackle for Atlanta, Garcia is on PUP in AZ and Jones is on PS in AZ.

Elway has signed a number of veteran free agents who have been on the roster and have played in regular season games including: Manny Ramirez; Louis Vasquez; Dan Koppen; Will Montgomery; Tyler Polumbus; Ryan Harris; Evan Mathis; Donald Stephenson; Russell Okung; Menelik Watson; Ron Leary; Jared Veldheer; Billy Turner; Cyrus Kouandijo; and, Ja'Wuan James.

Leary and James are currently Denver starters, when healthy.

Polumbus, Koppen, Ramirez, Vasquez, Montgomery, Harris, Mathis, Stephenson and Veldheer are no longer in football.

Watson and Kouandijo are free agents.

Okung is on LAC's reserve non-football illness list (pulmonary embolism, blood clots in lungs)

Turner is the starting RG for GB.

Elway has signed UDFA O-Linemen every year, I believe, and some have made the PS. A few have gone from PS to the roster including two currently, Elijah Wilkinson and Austin Schlottmann. Jake Rodgers has been a career PS guy who is currently on the roster. Corey Levin was claimed from waivers to the roster and subsequently moved to the PS due to the need for an extra T (Rodgers) Also on the current PS is Quinn Bailey and Tyler Jones. Nico Falah is on Denver's IR.

During the past nine seasons, eleven O-Linemen have been drafted and at least fifteen veteran free agents have been signed to the roster and have played. There has been quantity, but not enough quality especially in the Draft. Some of the free agents were too expensive for what they contributed.

Building an O-Line through the Draft seems a better course than signing top free agents who are pretty expensive. Dalton Risner represents the type of O-Lineman Denver needs to draft every year for the next few years. Except for Bolles (2017, 1st, #20), Dalton is the highest draft pick Elway has used on an O-Lineman. I think that indicates the level of commitment Denver needs in order to assemble a quality group of starting O-Linemen going forward.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Elway has drafted eleven O-Linemen: Orlando Franklin (2011, 2nd, #46); Philip Blake (2012, 4th, #108); Vinston Painter (2013, 6th, #173); Michael Schofield (2014, 3rd, #95); Matt Paradis (2014, 6th, #207); Ty Sambrailo (2015, 2nd, #59); Max Garcia (2015, 4th, #133); Connor McGovern (2016, 5th, #144); Garrett Bolles (2017, 1st, #20); Sam Jones (2018, 6th, #183); and, Dalton Risner (2019, 2nd, #41)

Of these, Franklin, Blake and Painter are no longer in football. Franklin was a starter and good player for Denver.

McGovern, Bolles and Risner currently start for Denver. Paradis starts for Carolina and Schofield starts for LAC.

Sambrailo is Swing Tackle for Atlanta, Garcia is on PUP in AZ and Jones is on PS in AZ.

Elway has signed a number of veteran free agents who have been on the roster and have played in regular season games including: Manny Ramirez; Louis Vasquez; Dan Koppen; Will Montgomery; Tyler Polumbus; Ryan Harris; Evan Mathis; Donald Stephenson; Russell Okung; Menelik Watson; Ron Leary; Jared Veldheer; Billy Turner; Cyrus Kouandijo; and, Ja'Wuan James.

Leary and James are currently Denver starters, when healthy.

Polumbus, Koppen, Ramirez, Vasquez, Montgomery, Harris, Mathis, Stephenson and Veldheer are no longer in football.

Watson and Kouandijo are free agents.

Okung is on LAC's reserve non-football illness list (pulmonary embolism, blood clots in lungs)

Turner is the starting RG for GB.

Elway has signed UDFA O-Linemen every year, I believe, and some have made the PS. A few have gone from PS to the roster including two currently, Elijah Wilkinson and Austin Schlottmann. Jake Rodgers has been a career PS guy who is currently on the roster. Corey Levin was claimed from waivers to the roster and subsequently moved to the PS due to the need for an extra T (Rodgers) Also on the current PS is Quinn Bailey and Tyler Jones. Nico Falah is on Denver's IR.

During the past nine seasons, eleven O-Linemen have been drafted and at least fifteen veteran free agents have been signed to the roster and have played. There has been quantity, but not enough quality especially in the Draft. Some of the free agents were too expensive for what they contributed.

Building an O-Line through the Draft seems a better course than signing top free agents who are pretty expensive. Dalton Risner represents the type of O-Lineman Denver needs to draft every year for the next few years. Except for Bolles (2017, 1st, #20), Dalton is the highest draft pick Elway has used on an O-Lineman. I think that indicates the level of commitment Denver needs in order to assemble a quality group of starting O-Linemen going forward.
    I certainly believe it needs to be the main focus going forward. We all know what good offensive linemen can do for any team but weve lacked such in Denver.

Id go O-line over, Edge, DE, ILB, TE and even QB unless were picking in the top 3. Call me old fashion but it all starts up front for me on offense!

We need to get points on the board and weve been through many QBs, RBs and even TEs. We need to focus on smart offensive line prospects!

Smart over athleticism!

So, I think it was a good idea to trade our first-round pick and get an extra second-round pick?
    (Got Fant and didn't break the bank in the First round)
    Then got Risner and Lock in the Second round.
    (Pretty Smart move by our GM?)
    I think a lot of our recent draft day moves have been good.

Just hope we can do more player development with those choices

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Well, that makes one in his entire tenure.

Still, I am digging Risner. I like how he consistently runs with the runner and pushes the pile.
    Honestly this has been the most impressive thing about him for me. Hes always pushing the pile. Freemans first down run where he was stood up 2 or 3 yards short was all Risner, same with one of the TD runs.

Hes a tone setter on the offensive line and the rest of them need to get on board or get shipped out for more guys like Risner.

The two Colorado kids have really come through...Risner and Lindsay. Now we need two CU guys to add to them...Winfree improves and we get Shenault. Plus Risner and Taz are two of the best guys on the team.

Dalton Risner is the offensive version of Derek Wolfe but better!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Dalton Risner is the offensive version of Derek Wolfe but better!
    "Route 66"

Dalton says, "Got syrup? We got pancakes!"

So, I think it was a good idea to trade our first-round pick and get an extra second-round pick?
    (Got Fant and didn't break the bank in the First round)
    Then got Risner and Lock in the Second round.
    (Pretty Smart move by our GM?)
    Time will tell. So far I'm not at all impressed with Fant, and Lock hasn't played yet.