View Poll Results: Would you play Drew Lock when healthy ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 57.63%
  • No

25 42.37%
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Delaying the Inevitable

Once again the dated thinking of the NFL has meant wasted off-seasons for multiple teams already, where teams have wasted reps on veteran quarterbacks who were never part of the long term plan, when confidence, chemistry, and learning could have been invested into young quarterbacks leading into their rookie seasons.

Year after year we see coaches decide to start the season with the veteran quarterback despite the young guy, the rookie, or the prospect on the sideline having to wait until plan A fails, which, it always does. We are approaching the end of the first month of the season, and look, New York have moved on from Eli Manning to go with the rookie Daniel Jones, the Redskins are within a few weeks of doing the same with how Keenum just played, and the question begs, if Denver keep losing, will Drew Lock see the field once healthy ?

We seen it last year, Cleveland done it with Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield, the Bills done it with Nathan Petermen and Josh Allen, the Jets done it with Josh McCown and Sam Darnold, the Ravens done it with Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson, and the Cardinals done it with Sam Bradford and Josh Rosen. We seen it the year before as well, the Bears done it with Mike Glennon and Mitchell Trubisky, the Chiefs done it with Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes, the Texans done it with Tom Savage and Deshaun Watson, and we will continue to see it happen.

I think Flacco can still play, I think he can keep us competitive, but just like every other situation above, the inevitable is that we will go with the young guy at some point, so why wait ? Drew Lock isn't healthy right now, but when he is I would throw him into the fire. It obviously wont happen, coaches seem to prefer to ride the veteran into the ground until it's too late, but all of these young quarterbacks recently are bucking the dated notion that they need to wait to develop. If the guy can play, he will learn and improve at a rapid rate by playing, not sitting behind a veteran who isn't anything more than mediocre.

I like Joe, but when Drew is healthy would you play him ?

I voted, "No."

A porous OL is not going to help a rookie QB.

Hopefully Elway will draft more quality OLmen
    like Risner thus solidifying the OL for Lock.

Just depends on how the next 5 weeks play out .

Well, i think we should start him. It seems to be a trend in the NFL to start the young guns, and it seems to be working majority of the time. I know we have Flacco, but that dont seem to be working out,imo. Lets start the young guy and see how it goes.We have to get lucky sooner or later on a great young QB.

If things continue the way they have gone so far, my answer is a resounding "yes".

Assuming we’re 2 or more games out of the last WC when Lock’s healthy- yes, definitely would play him. Let the seasoning begin...

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Assuming we’re 2 or more games out of the last WC when Lock’s healthy- yes, definitely would play him. Let the seasoning begin...
    Trial by fire? With this oline?
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

This isn't really a yes and no question at this point in the season. If things continue the way they and the Broncos are out of contention, then it's a definite yes from me. If the team gets hot and still has a shot at a wild card around the bye week, then you stay with Flacco.

If the Broncos remain a hot mess they'll probably plug Lock in once he's able to return.

I still think it could limit his growth.

Fresh (and I mean fresh) rookie QB who had to sit on IR which prevented him from practicing with the team - who has some basic quarterback mechanic issues - trying to overdue and 'ge by' on athleticism in a game while having poor pass protection. Doesn't sound like he'd be set up fo success. Game experience? Yeah great. But the situation could impede his growth.
    Last edited by Peerless; 09-24-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    If the Broncos remain a hot mess they'll probably plug Lock in once he's able to return.

I still think it could limit his growth.

Fresh (and I mean fresh) rookie QB who had to sit on IR which prevented him practicing with the team - who has some basic quarterback mechanic issues - trying to overdue and 'ge by' on athleticism in a game while having poor pass protection. Doesn't sound like he'd be set up fo success. Game experience? Yeah great. But the situation could impede his growth.
    Exactly! It just may turn him Into the next David Carr. I’d say that we need an Oline first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Exactly! It just may turn him Into the next David Carr. I’d say that we need an Oline first.
    There was a reason that David Carr was drafted where he was and Lock in the middle of the 2nd round.
    Lock did not seem accurate in his college highlights, nor at the combine nor in preseason. It is a question how he will handle pressure, but in the end I am sure he will get to play if we dig to deep a hole. What speaks against it is that Elway will easily loose his job if Lock stinks.

What Elway did the first 5 years was stellar in most peoples eyes, but the big question is what could have been if we had a better coach than John Fox and we did not have the VJ detour, and now maybe also a Fangio detour. The supposed strength of our HC and the spending on the team in both draft capital and money, says that we should have an absolutely dominating defense, and that is not what Elway is getting for the money.

Lock sucks but so does the whole team right now.
    Joe seems too cool like, it doesn't matter anyway. And he is probably right.
    Start the kid, sure.

I dont think they will. Fangio is new and conservative. Scaggs is just getting his feet wet and and Elway has made it clear that he is sticking with Flacco. Do I want Lock out there, yep. But between the reasons I allready listed and the restructuring of Flaccos contract, we are stuck with him through this year, injuries not with standing

Yes because this Team needs a Spark just like what Jacksonville has you never know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    Lock sucks but so does the whole team right now.
    Joe seems too cool like, it doesn't matter anyway. And he is probably right.
    Start the kid, sure.

0 starts, low expectations due to everyones knowledge he is a highly rated project and yet.....he sucks....BAHAHAHAHHAHA