View Poll Results: Would you play Drew Lock when healthy ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 65.28%
  • No

25 34.72%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Agreed. Waiting to get a perfect O-line may never happen. Lock is in my opinion better suited to this O-line s well, Flacco's lack of mobility has really hurt us the last few games. Lock on the other hand was known to move around and break out of the pocket if it begins to collapse. I don't know if he's the guy, but I know Flacco isn't, and I'd like to give Lock a shot when he gets back.
    Agreed. You all know I want a mobile qb. The nfl is changing qbs now HAVE to have mobility in today's NFL. Elway will always hold on to the past. When 80% or high qb takes snaps from the gun. Elway looking for certain size, height, arms strength, to go old style of football. I really wish he steps down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Agreed. You all know I want a mobile qb. The nfl is changing qbs now HAVE to have mobility in today's NFL. Elway will always hold on to the past. When 80% or high qb takes snaps from the gun. Elway looking for certain size, height, arms strength, to go old style of football. I really wish he steps down.
    Elway should step down however I doubt it will happen. I know youíre not a fan of Lock. I wasnít completely sold on him however he has some positive attributes. Although he isnít as mobile as Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson, heís athletic and mobile for for his size. During preseason Scangarello called an RPO on a 3rd down and Lock kept the ball for a nice gain. I believe Lock could run the same plays as the Ravens.

New coaches, new QB, rookies, and a totally new scheme implemented.........It all takes time to gel.......Be patient.

IMO....We are a few players away from being a good team. At least we didn't get smoked like Miami has this year.

I would wait a year before playing Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    New coaches, new QB, rookies, and a totally new scheme implemented.........It all takes time to gel.......Be patient.

IMO....We are a few players away from being a good team. At least we didn't get smoked like Miami has this year.

Elway took this approach in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. It hasnít worked. In general, many fans have said the same thing. It hasnít worked. I donít believe the roster is talented especially with poor play on Special Teams - itís an indicator of the lack of solid depth..

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Mahomes started one game the year before his MVP season so yes it does happen.
    You comparison to Mahomes situation makes zero sense. Mahomes was taking over a playoff team. A team that has a good oline, a team that has a top tier WR/TE, a play caller/ HC that knows how to put his QB in the position to succeed right away.

Lock will not have nearly the same type of team. It won't even be close. So to say he can start 1 or 2 games at the end and he could pull a MVP type season the next year just because your one example did is foolish. Hence why the comparison to Mahomes makes zero sense. Completely different situations on teams built way differently.

Mahomes is a freak show period. Hes gonna be one of those QBs that is at the top of the league . They dont come often but when they do your in luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Elway should step down however I doubt it will happen. I know you’re not a fan of Lock. I wasn’t completely sold on him however he has some positive attributes. Although he isn’t as mobile as Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson, he’s athletic and mobile for for his size. During preseason Scangarello called an RPO on a 3rd down and Lock kept the ball for a nice gain. I believe Lock could run the same plays as the Ravens.
    I'm not saying the qb have to be as fast as I k murda or l jack. No I have been a believer of lock. I'm an sec guy and watched games. The did not do good vs big programs. To top it off the things a lot of people was saying about lamar they made excuse for lock.
    For lock: he has improved every he has been there.
    Me: so did l jack
    For lock: look at l jack comp%
    Me: over comp % was better than lock
    For lock: elway wants a pro style qb not shotgun
    Me: lock was in shotgun A LOT.
    For lock: he didn't have any talent.
    Me: lamar was a one man show and everyone knew it. He had to out score most teams. But he had big game wins.

I just have no faith in lock. But we all will see. Hopefully we can see him a lot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

If we played the Patriots, Dallas, and ravens. Like them we probably would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You comparison to Mahomes situation makes zero sense. Mahomes was taking over a playoff team. A team that has a good oline, a team that has a top tier WR/TE, a play caller/ HC that knows how to put his QB in the position to succeed right away.

Lock will not have nearly the same type of team. It won't even be close. So to say he can start 1 or 2 games at the end and he could pull a MVP type season the next year just because your one example did is foolish. Hence why the comparison to Mahomes makes zero sense. Completely different situations on teams built way differently.
    Wow wishful thinking. When we get an Andy reid along with the play calling. Let me know. You name 1 qb out of how many that did that? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Elway took this approach in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. It hasnít worked. In general, many fans have said the same thing. It hasnít worked. I donít believe the roster is talented especially with poor play on Special Teams - itís an indicator of the lack of solid depth..
    I think this needs to be expanded on. What is this team going to be? We have Von and Chubb and CHJ. We have Sanders and Lindsay and Sutton...basically we have good talent at some key spots but not enough surrounding them to give ourselves an identity. What truly concerns me is our roster. If we are to be a dominant defense then we need better CBs and better DE and DT play. If you look at both SB teams from last year they both had CBs who were playing well or at least well enough to man up. If we wanted to go more of an offensive route then we should have gone all in on an OL and done what Dallas has done. Get a mediocre QB and have them so well protected that they look better than they are.

First get team direction. Then trade what doesn't fit for assets. Then build accordingly. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I think this needs to be expanded on. What is this team going to be? We have Von and Chubb and CHJ. We have Sanders and Lindsay and Sutton...basically we have good talent at some key spots but not enough surrounding them to give ourselves an identity. What truly concerns me is our roster. If we are to be a dominant defense then we need better CBs and better DE and DT play. If you look at both SB teams from last year they both had CBs who were playing well or at least well enough to man up. If we wanted to go more of an offensive route then we should have gone all in on an OL and done what Dallas has done. Get a mediocre QB and have them so well protected that they look better than they are.

First get team direction. Then trade what doesn't fit for assets. Then build accordingly. Just my two cents.
    I agree. Define your identity, and then build a team with the skillsets/personality to become who you propose to be. Some teams seem to get into a syndrome of either not defining themselves, or not finding the players that best fit. Some mess up both parts of the equation.

As for player fit....there is another important dynamic involved, carefully addressing team needs based on player age. You can't have all seasoned vets, or all young players....but there's a sweet spot usually when you match age / skills / salaries as well as other variables. Not a perfect science, but one that needs constant assessment.
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-28-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Wow wishful thinking. When we get an Andy reid along with the play calling. Let me know. You name 1 qb out of how many that did that? Ok
    What are you talking about? Look at the original post I was commenting on. I'm literally using the example the person I'm talking to used. That's why I used the "1qb". Smh
    Last edited by Murph2432; 09-28-2019 at 11:54 AM.

I'm not saying the qb have to be as fast as I k murda or l jack. No I have been a believer of lock. I'm an sec guy and watched games. The did not do good vs big programs. To top it off the things a lot of people was saying about lamar they made excuse for lock.
    For lock: he has improved every he has been there.
    Me: so did l jack
    For lock: look at l jack comp%
    Me: over comp % was better than lock
    For lock: elway wants a pro style qb not shotgun
    Me: lock was in shotgun A LOT.
    For lock: he didn't have any talent.
    Me: lamar was a one man show and everyone knew it. He had to out score most teams. But he had big game wins.

I just have no faith in lock. But we all will see. Hopefully we can see him a lot this year.
    I think Flacco will continue playing unless the team hits final four games at 2-10 or 4-8, which looks very possible at this point. Not sure how Lock will play however itís better to get experience instead of wasting time with Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post

There are a handful of talented players. I know itís not popular to talk about trading Von however, the roster is well past the chance of winning by adding a player here or there. Elway restructured Vonís contract which put his cap number highest during years heís declining. Trade for the most value and create max cap space.

Trade/release Flacco to free up cap space. Wolfe is done. I wouldnít sign Sanders to another contract. Itís different when youíre the Patriots signing Edelman to a 2 year deal because theyíre contending for a championship. Keep Callahan through 2020 and assess whether or not to release him (cap savings by releasing him before 2021). If he plays well in 2020 then heís worth keeping. Try to work a 2 year/3rd year option with CHJ. If not then part ways.

Itís time to stop bringing in stop gap quarterbacks and get serious about building to compete in two to three years. The approach used over the past several years has failed. Itís not bashing the FO - itís reality.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-28-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    What are you talking about? Look at the original post I was commenting on. I'm literally using the example the person I'm talking to used. That's why I used the "1qb". Smh
    I know u was just replying. I was agreeing with you. My bad for the confusion.