Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Actually that was more exciting than what we’re witnessing right now.
    Not as exciting as the Orton vs Tebow wars and then later Tebow vs PFM battles.

This place had more traffic than Paris Hilton’s IG feed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not as exciting as the Orton vs Tebow wars and then later Tebow vs PFM battles.

This place had more traffic than Paris Hilton’s IG feed!
    "Exciting" is not the word that I would use.

We have a great community here. Like a family. We fight and disagree, but we're still here.

I don't think we've self-destructed. Like I said, we're still here.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The first season of the Denver Broncos was 1960. The first winning season was 1973, but Mile High Stadium was sold out starting in 1970. Go figure.

During the ten years between Frank Tripucka and Charley Johnson, twelve different QBs started for the Broncos. John Elway is the most successful Denver QB, but not so popular now.

How many NFL franchises have no Super Bowl victories? How many have no Super Bowl appearances? How many franchises aren't in the same city in which they began playing football? How many admire how the Denver Broncos became one of the most successful franchises in spite of lackluster beginnings?

Fifty-five years gives a certain perspective due to memories. BLAM!
    I'm quoting Sam, not only because it is a fantastic post, but because it got no response the first time. I think Sam has a few years on me but not many.

I'm gonna stay positive win or lose and in spite of a rough stretch, John (Master of the Comeback) will bring us back, AGAIN!!!

To any of the players that want out, Good Riddance!
    [

I still scratch my head thinking about how we were 6 and 0 with McD, including a victory over his old team!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I still scratch my head thinking about how we were 6 and 0 with McD, including a victory over his old team!!

<sigh> The McDaniels era... Cherish the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Well this certainly helped.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I joined the message boards during the Cutler years. That was a pretty painful time. Then came Orton, which was also painful. After that came Tebow mania. Even the Manning years had the boards pretty much split in half.

That’s the fun of message boards. There will always be division among the fans.

I think our current situation is pretty unique because we’re at a point where this is the worst it’s ever been for most of us. This is a bad team and it’s been bad for several seasons.

In the end, we’re all fans. It just comes down to your perspective. I don’t really think anyone’s opinion is wrong or stupid. I just think most people believe strongly in their perspectives.
    Right. I'm guessing you missed the Sixties.

The Broncos didn't win a game against the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs until 1972, if I'm not mistaken.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Right. I'm guessing you missed the Sixties.

The Broncos didn't win a game against the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs until 1972, if I'm not mistaken.
    Yes. I missed the 60’s. I was 10 when JE was traded to the Broncos. I saw some late 70’s football, but I grew up watching Elway and the 3 amigos and some of those amazing defenses.

I joined the message boards during the Cutler years. That was a pretty painful time. Then came Orton, which was also painful. After that came Tebow mania. Even the Manning years had the boards pretty much split in half.

That’s the fun of message boards. There will always be division among the fans.

I think our current situation is pretty unique because we’re at a point where this is the worst it’s ever been for most of us. This is a bad team and it’s been bad for several seasons.

In the end, we’re all fans. It just comes down to your perspective. I don’t really think anyone’s opinion is wrong or stupid. I just think most people believe strongly in their perspectives.
    The Broncos are 11-24 in their last 35 games, a stretch of futility last seen by the franchise nearly 50 years ago (5-8-1 in 1970, 4-9-1 in 1971 and 2-5 in the first seven games of 1972).

It’s fair to say the worst it’s been in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Broncos are 11-24 in their last 35 games, a stretch of futility last seen by the franchise nearly 50 years ago (5-8-1 in 1970, 4-9-1 in 1971 and 2-5 in the first seven games of 1972).

It’s fair to say the worst it’s been in quite some time.
    Agreed. Also, looking at the current roster, the road ahead looks a little rough. We have a handful of decent young players, but we’re pretty much in rebuild mode.

Agreed. Also, looking at the current roster, the road ahead looks a little rough. We have a handful of decent young players, but we’re pretty much in rebuild mode.
    I had the Broncos at 9-7 and at 0-3 to start the season it’s going to be tough to win 9 games. Hopefully we’ll see 9 wins and we just happened to get 3 losses out of the way early. 9-7 is unlikely given the remaining schedule but anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I had the Broncos at 9-7 and at 0-3 to start the season it’s going to be tough to win 9 games. Hopefully we’ll see 9 wins and we just happened to get 3 losses out of the way early. 9-7 is unlikely given the remaining schedule but anything is possible.
    I'm already counting 2 losses from the Chiefs. Likely one against the Chargers, and against the Texans. 9-7

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'm already counting 2 losses from the Chiefs. Likely one against the Chargers, and against the Texans. 9-7
    The Broncos will need to win 9 of 13 games, a tall order. Getting Ja’Wuan James back should help the offense. Aside from Fant’s fumble he played better so hopefully he’ll contribute more vs Jags. Fangio should let Donatell call the defense. We’ll see what happens.

I am not going to discuss my opinions about wins or loss because it is pretty bleak and I think the OP did not want the thread to go that way.

What I am hoping we see is improvement in the team. It will help us with the idea that the coaching is better and turning the team around.

Have said it many times about Team Pass Protection but it applies to others parts of the team as well....things have not been properly addressed for years....it is not going to get fixed in one year. I just hope to see it get better.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy