Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I see a team that has been bad for 3 years. The roster is not vastly better than last year. The likelihood of an 0-3 team making the playoffs is extremely low.

I don’t think it’s an emotional response to criticize this team. I personally think believing this team is capable of an historic turn around is more heartfelt faith than it is realistic.
    Many times it is an emotional response, but that's ok too. Not sure who is expecting some kind of historical turnaround but I for one am hoping for a reasonable level of improvement week to week since everything is so brand new right now

I think our team needed to play more of it's starters in the preseason. But ........who knows -- maybe 1 or 2 of them gets hurt
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

To the thread starter....I have not been here since inception but I have seen some pretty tough times here on the board, usually over QB controversies. Apparently the Cutler / Plummer days were quite nasty.

I have voiced my concerns here, of late, but not in an argumentative way. I think we could be doing better, and I put blame on Elway.

But this is a message board, and when your team is facing tougher times, this is expectable. But NOT calling out one another. So, yes....we should still be civil, even if we disagree. But I have to say no to anyone (no one specific) who thinks we should be highly positive/highly optimistic, given the 3 consecutive seasons we are witnessing. A message board will often be the pulse of what people think/feel, so losing will increase negativity, in my opinion.

But winning cures all....so, hang tough.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    it is what it is, nobody likes all the losing & where the team is at or where it has been past few years. just think of some of this things or a moment & you will understand the frustration....

1. last season was the first back to back losing seasons for denver in nearly 45 years
    2. started this season 0-3 which hasn't happened since 1999 the year after elway retired
    3. lost the season opener for only 2nd time since moving into current stadium - nearly 20 years
    4. no sacks or turnovers in 3 games...first time a team manged to do this in 50 years
    5. dating back to last season 7 straight loses & haven't scored 20 points in any of those 7 games, no other team in the entire nfl has done that.

so yeah there isn't much to be excited about right now, very bad times for broncos fans.
    Absolutely! Settings records in all the wrong categories

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    controversial ideas breed divided opinions. After 5 years of sub average football people feel like the only thing left to do is blow it all up

I, too have succumbed to the hype of blowing it up, but it's too late now........ this year. Things were tailor made when the whole new coaching staff was hired, but that window is now closed.

I wouldn't mind seeing 1 big trade ........ like Von for picks or Von for a player of need.

Personally, despite the record -- I'm actually seeing progress. Everything is brand new right now -- the norm is that it will take time to gel. Granted we all wanted a lightning quick turn around like LA but that's really the exception.

We came into this knowing there was going to be growing pains and here they are. Based on most people's predictions we're only 1 loss more than was thought. It's too early to give up on the plan. It's not just about this season when you're breaking in the new staff. If things haven't sort of balanced out to some degree in Q2 then I'll be worried about where things are going...... and would admit there might be some kind of fatal flaw that can only be cured by a big shake up.

But when you look closely, there's actually a lot of positives. The unfortunate thing is that the negatives are turnovers. We're not getting any and we're giving em up. That's always caused L's and it always will. It's generally curable too.

Keep the faith. I know it's hard since SB50 but I'm finally seeing something here. We actually have a NFL QB. No he's not a superstar but he's not Trevor Keesum either or Paxton Hogan. Everyone is trying to find where to settle in to this new witches brew of talent and philosophy

If things come around, this "adversity" will be a gigantic learning experience for this team. And one they can rally behind later
    Good point. If things are the same at game 8 as they are now, Elway needs to duck and cover (torches and pitchforks will be coming out.) Also if they are 0-8 or even 1-7, I'm all for blowing up the team and starting over.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    it is what it is, nobody likes all the losing & where the team is at or where it has been past few years. just think of some of this things or a moment & you will understand the frustration....

1. last season was the first back to back losing seasons for denver in nearly 45 years
    2. started this season 0-3 which hasn't happened since 1999 the year after elway retired
    3. lost the season opener for only 2nd time since moving into current stadium - nearly 20 years
    4. no sacks or turnovers in 3 games...first time a team manged to do this in 50 years
    5. dating back to last season 7 straight loses & haven't scored 20 points in any of those 7 games, no other team in the entire nfl has done that.

so yeah there isn't much to be excited about right now, very bad times for broncos fans.
    The Broncos always seem to set negative records. Remember when Corey Dillon ran all over us too? Maybe they can collect them all into a special exhibit in The Hall of Shame. smh
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    The Broncos always seem to set negative records. Remember when Corey Dillon ran all over us too? Maybe they can collect them all into a special exhibit in The Hall of Shame. smh
    There was also that running back for the Redskins when they played Denver in the SB. He played like an all pro that game and then disappeared the next season. Seems like Denver attracts these one off record setting moments....

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    There was also that running back for the Redskins when they played Denver in the SB. He played like an all pro that game and then disappeared the next season. Seems like Denver attracts these one off record setting moments....

Right so True .....

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    To the thread starter....I have not been here since inception but I have seen some pretty tough times here on the board, usually over QB controversies. Apparently the Cutler / Plummer days were quite nasty.

I have voiced my concerns here, of late, but not in an argumentative way. I think we could be doing better, and I put blame on Elway.

But this is a message board, and when your team is facing tougher times, this is expectable. But NOT calling out one another. So, yes....we should still be civil, even if we disagree. But I have to say no to anyone (no one specific) who thinks we should be highly positive/highly optimistic, given the 3 consecutive seasons we are witnessing. A message board will often be the pulse of what people think/feel, so losing will increase negativity, in my opinion.

Great post CP definitely coming.

The Plummer/cutler days were definitely brutal, mountain main, Topscribe (bless his heart), Jake n bake, ROD! Lol

Its amazing to think some of us are still here arguing yet weve only seen one super bowl victory since. Who dare question that faith, I mean seriously, Ive been here since the days of Jared and the blue damsel. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Agreed. It is unrealistic to call a fan "whiny" when we are in the midst of a third consecutive losing season. We should not be fine with the way things are having seen for 4 years straight a poor O line, a fifth year of mediocre QB play and no real direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Agreed. It is unrealistic to call a fan "whiny" when we are in the midst of a third consecutive losing season. We should not be fine with the way things are having seen for 4 years straight a poor O line, a fifth year of mediocre QB play and no real direction.
    Exactly yet they still think the head of the FO deserves more time!

I tend to believe that, if you must pay good coin to be entertained, and football is entertainment among other things, you have a right to be critical when the product / service needs improvement. I don't mean constant criticism, to the point it becomes almost abusive.

Some will say that we do not have to go to games, so don't complain. But a team such as The Broncos represents the city, state and so on, and people are paid decent money to make that team be successful. That does not mean that championships are expected, because there is a lot involved in winning the crown....but one would expect the effort and yes, the expertise - especially in higher paid jobs.

And once again, football is business, sport and entertainment (among other things). And as far as I can tell, entertainment is constantly evaluated and critiqued in this world. Good entertainment gets positive reviews and bad entertainment gets what it gets. That's the way of the land.

So I understand the concerns when fans are not feeling like they are getting what they would consider at least reasonable output. And many fans can handle letdowns, rebuilds, and even poor performances here and there. Most fans have loads of stamina and endurance. Heck, some teams never win championships, but fans keep paying the bill.

But I repeat, I do not condone abusiveness on the part of fans. Get ticked, say your peace, maybe even carry on for a while, but do not get weird about it. No one wins.

I believe someone said it earlier, but the team has self destructed rather than the fans. We're clearly frustrated, because the mismanagement of the team has been clear for years. The offensive line and sub par QB play have been the downfall for years. You have an alleged defensive wizard for a head coach, but have 0 sacks and 0 turnovers and nothing has been adjusted during games to change that.

Hopefully this doesn't get flagged as trolling or even viewed that way, but delusional/unrealistic fans are what keep stadiums packed and owners smiling. Things haven't been as bad here as somewhere like Cleveland, but even there they continuously say things are changing next game and we're going to win. Many of us here are just trying to relay to the rest of the fan base that we're probably not going to be a winning team for a while and we haven't been. As long as Elway is running the show and it's business as usual with him, we're going to get the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Ive never seen you guys argue with one another so much.

I hope all this passion is directed in the right places and we make the necessary changes(aka Elway being relieved of his duties).

But this is sad man. Never seen yall like this
    You weren't here in the Cutler vs. Orton days?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    You weren't here in the Cutler vs. Orton days?
    I think you mean Tebow vs Orton. I was on the tebow train the whole way baby!

From a mod / admin POV:

People can be negative. People can be positive. We need both. It kind of balances things out. It doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong.

Our concern (mods) is that people are getting testy with each other. You all are great and we're hoping that no one pushes it to the point that we need to get involved.

Share your opinions, but please do it with respect.

As a fan / member:

Because there's been some not so good things.

And because there's been some good.

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "