Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 94
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rouseville, PA
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    The McD tenure was pretty brutal...
    You're not kidding there. I sincerely hope he NEVER gets another Head Coach job after what he did to this franchise. I absolutely cannot stand that guy. Period. End of Story. He ticked everybody off with the organization. Started 6-0, and it went downhill from there. Aside from the insane offensive numbers and the thumping at 48, and the win in 50, there hasn't been a whole lot to get excited about since 2010. Hopefully we can get out of this dang rabbit hole soon.

    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Pirates, Penguins, Penn State & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,011
    controversial ideas breed divided opinions. After 5 years of sub average football people feel like the only thing left to do is blow it all up

    I, too have succumbed to the hype of blowing it up, but it's too late now........ this year. Things were tailor made when the whole new coaching staff was hired, but that window is now closed.

    I wouldn't mind seeing 1 big trade ........ like Von for picks or Von for a player of need.

    Personally, despite the record -- I'm actually seeing progress. Everything is brand new right now -- the norm is that it will take time to gel. Granted we all wanted a lightning quick turn around like LA but that's really the exception.

    We came into this knowing there was going to be growing pains and here they are. Based on most people's predictions we're only 1 loss more than was thought. It's too early to give up on the plan. It's not just about this season when you're breaking in the new staff. If things haven't sort of balanced out to some degree in Q2 then I'll be worried about where things are going...... and would admit there might be some kind of fatal flaw that can only be cured by a big shake up.

    But when you look closely, there's actually a lot of positives. The unfortunate thing is that the negatives are turnovers. We're not getting any and we're giving em up. That's always caused L's and it always will. It's generally curable too.

    Keep the faith. I know it's hard since SB50 but I'm finally seeing something here. We actually have a NFL QB. No he's not a superstar but he's not Trevor Keesum either or Paxton Hogan. Everyone is trying to find where to settle in to this new witches brew of talent and philosophy

    If things come around, this "adversity" will be a gigantic learning experience for this team. And one they can rally behind later
    Last edited by dizzolve; 09-25-2019 at 05:26 AM.
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,232
    I know we all have been spoiled to winning.....but we have to realize that this season we have a new coaching staff, new players and a losing tradition the last few years. Please be patient and let these coaches and players learn to win!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,468
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    [/B]

    Yes, use Jack Daniels to make it.
    I cannot even to begin to imagine how that would taste....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    I’ve never seen you guys argue with one another so much.

    I hope all this passion is directed in the right places and we make the necessary changes(aka Elway being relieved of his duties).

    But this is sad man. Never seen y’all like this
    Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    The McD tenure was pretty brutal...
    Agreed McD times were the worst imo. Cutler trade....6-0 meltdown...trading a 2nd round pick for a 1st round pick....Raider blowout loss....cheating...all these events triggered more heated posting that what I have seen this year.

    Shanahan last year had some rough threads

    There has always been crazy postings going on but the mods have done a great job of making sure the bad stuff goes away.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    This is a franchise in turmoil. The roster is weak, the coaching staff is questionable and our GM built this team on poor drafts and bad FA moves. Top it off with the board of trustees vs the Bowlens and you have a recipe for turmoil.

    As a fan it’s pretty scary looking at the path that lies ahead. I hope for the best, but I don’t have much faith in the FO and I’m concerned about the ownership situation.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I know we all have been spoiled to winning.....but we have to realize that this season we have a new coaching staff, new players and a losing tradition the last few years. Please be patient and let these coaches and players learn to win!
    This what I am talking about. Rome was not built in 1 day. Coach Fangio took 4 years to Build that Chicago Defense and it might take him a 1 or 2 to Right This Ship However keep the Faith Broncos Country we are not divided we are united. As Sam stated The Denver Broncos started in 1960 and did not have a winning season until 1973 that is 13 long years of suffering however I am sure the Fans back then stayed the course as so all of us will. Sam is spot on we have just been spoiled as much as we want to have sustained success like New England the past 18 Years it just is not in the cards for us at this current time however to get back to the top when you fall down the Mountain is to get right back up and start the climb again Climb the Rocky Mountains get back to the Top The Denver Broncos will do just that. I have a strong Feeling this week Denver gets back into the Win Column.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    This is a franchise in turmoil. The roster is weak, the coaching staff is questionable and our GM built this team on poor drafts and bad FA moves. Top it off with the board of trustees vs the Bowlens and you have a recipe for turmoil.

    As a fan it’s pretty scary looking at the path that lies ahead. I hope for the best, but I don’t have much faith in the FO and I’m concerned about the ownership situation.
    Very true and according to Cecil Lammy, it won’t be long until Big name players start requesting trades.

    He also said that “Yiadom is starting at CB over Kareem Jackson per John Elways request”!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,326
    Tough times don't don't last long, but tough guys do!

    As disappointing as it's been for a few years now, sometimes adversity and turmoil build character.
    I think this team and this coaching staff will bring us back to where we want to be.
    Please don't ever underestimate a 4th quarter comeback by John Elway.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 09-25-2019 at 06:57 AM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,869
    We’re consumers. We all buy a product and this product isn’t working this year. It’s okay for people to be upset.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Very true and according to Cecil Lammy, it won’t be long until Big name players start requesting trades.

    He also said that “Yiadom is starting at CB over Kareem Jackson per John Elways request”!
    If that’s true, then it’s just another head scratcher by Elway. Bausby completely outperformed Yiadom last week. I could see starting Jackson at CB and starting Parks at S with Bausby/Yiadom playing the CB3 role. Starting Yiadom doesn’t make sense to me.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    We’re consumers. We all buy a product and this product isn’t working this year. It’s okay for people to be upset.
    Agreed. Personally, I’m personally not really “upset” by it. I think I’ve just finally accepted where this team is at. I have no power to do anything about it other than post on a message board, but I’m not satisfied with the current construction of the team.

    I’m a lifelong fan and I’ll watch and root for a win every week. I simply don’t have very much faith in this team.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Very true and according to Cecil Lammy, it won’t be long until Big name players start requesting trades.

    He also said that “Yiadom is starting at CB over Kareem Jackson per John Elways request”!
    This bothers me to no end. Elway freaking needs to let the coach call their own shots. I hate him having so much say over game play and whom to play. It pisses me off.

    This is another reason why he needs to go.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,044
    People here have always been knee jerkers. Peoples emotions get the better of them . This is because of passion. We have passion for our Broncos . We go through a long off season and look forward to FA signing and draft week. The love of the sport is what drives this passion. After the way the last few seasons have played out people are frustrated, and rightfully so. I believe we have been spoiled as fans . There are really bad organizations out there . We've come to expect more fruitful outcomes.

    My take on this season so far is we've been competitive. It's not like were getting our aces kicked. Were just a couple of execution of plays away. It's not like last year when Keenum misses DT on a TD pass against the Chiefs. Were talking about Hamilton dropping a great pass in the end zone, Sanders tripping on a nice deep pass which he would have walked in the endzone. We win the game if they finish those plays . Now look at the Bears game . Flacco and the offense step up when it matters and puts us in the lead. The Ref makes a horrid call that gives them a 1st down . Now our D bit the big one and let them convert 4th & 15. The Refs make a bad call I believe in putting 1 sec on the clock. If the refs dont make that bad call on Chubb they are 4th and long theres no way they get into FG range. However all our D had to do was stop them from getting 15 yards. Now onto the Greenbay game. We had 3 turnovers against Rodgers and co. and only lost by 8pts. So my fellow Bronco fans step back and take a deep breath and count to 10.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    People here have always been knee jerkers. Peoples emotions get the better of them . This is because of passion. We have passion for our Broncos . We go through a long off season and look forward to FA signing and draft week. The love of the sport is what drives this passion. After the way the last few seasons have played out people are frustrated, and rightfully so. I believe we have been spoiled as fans . There are really bad organizations out there . We've come to expect more fruitful outcomes.

    My take on this season so far is we've been competitive. It's not like were getting our aces kicked. Were just a couple of execution of plays away. It's not like last year when Keenum misses DT on a TD pass against the Chiefs. Were talking about Hamilton dropping a great pass in the end zone, Sanders tripping on a nice deep pass which he would have walked in the endzone. We win the game if they finish those plays . Now look at the Bears game . Flacco and the offense step up when it matters and puts us in the lead. The Ref makes a horrid call that gives them a 1st down . Now our D bit the big one and let them convert 4th & 15. The Refs make a bad call I believe in putting 1 sec on the clock. If the refs dont make that bad call on Chubb they are 4th and long theres no way they get into FG range. However all our D had to do was stop them from getting 15 yards. Now onto the Greenbay game. We had 3 turnovers against Rodgers and co. and only lost by 8pts. So my fellow Bronco fans step back and take a deep breath and count to 10.
    I see a team that has been bad for 3 years. The roster is not vastly better than last year. The likelihood of an 0-3 team making the playoffs is extremely low.

    I don’t think it’s an emotional response to criticize this team. I personally think believing this team is capable of an historic turn around is more heartfelt faith than it is realistic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •