Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How many camps of Broncos Fans are there?

Instinctively it feels like there are 3 camps; 1) Time for a rebuild, trade the big dollar older talent (Miller, Harris, Sanders, possibly Flacco [or just release him]). 2) We are one or two players away from fixing this mess. 3) We have the pieces now, we just need better discipline, better schemes, better coaches.

What have I missed? A combo of these things?

Personally I think the best way forward is to cut bait with Bolles, Miller, Harris, Sanders and Flacco, and get as much draft capital as we can and build from the draft around Chubb, Sutton, Risner, Lindsay, Freeman, Fant, and the young D talent we have. My addition to this thought is that someone other than John Elway needs to do the building (i.e. the drafting).

Thoughts?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Combo of 1 and 3.

Bolles needs to swap positions or go. Miller stays, we are a fickle arse bunch arent we? Next week if the scheme changes and unleashes him and he gets 3 sacks this place will again embrace this generational talent.
    Harris has to stay now that Bryce appears to be one foot in the ground career /health wise, Sanders could be let go and well Flacco gets a pass just due to the fact that we restructured his contract allready (unfortunately)
    The young core is nice, We look to have a top 5-7 draft pick at this point (maybe higher if injuries occur). We could go after the top LT next draft or if we are unfortunately one of the top 3 picks trade back for a QB hungry team and fleece them.

As for the current mess, I agree that these coaches need some time. I dont think as we stand we are a bottom 3 team but more like a bottom 7-10 espcially after the staff has some more time.

I am 100% on #1. I think we need new blood. The defense is lacking a leader and an identity right now. I was wrong about trading talib. I figured someone would step up and be that lightning rod that people would gravitate to and it never materialized. We dont have that guy and we sorely miss him. We are spending too much money on players that arent giving us results.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Probably option 3. I think we have the pieces to be a playoff team once the coaches work out the best scheme for our players.

4) Rebuild on the fly (i.e. seek to add/incorporate productive, younger players when and where we can w/o sacrificing competitiveness, and organizational pride)...

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    4) Rebuild on the fly (i.e. seek to add/incorporate productive, younger players when and where we can w/o sacrificing competitiveness, and organizational pride)...
    I am 100% on board with this theoretically, but isn't this what Elway has been trying since 2015?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    I am 100% on board with this theoretically, but isn't this what Elway has been trying since 2015?
    Yes and it does not work. You have to be realistic about where you're at as a team. Don't try to patch the holes in the hull with bandaids. It won't work and it will give the problem time to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    He’ll never use the word “rebuild” because it would imply that he’s cleaning messes and correcting mistakes made by himself.

Can’t fault him for being hesitant to use the word

We need an ILB that has Moxy. We need another Randy, Karl or Al. Not sure if Bush was that guy....maybe....I was on board with the trade back......but - We need a thumper that leads this team. Physically and vocally.

I guess I'm in the rebuild mold.
    Last edited by skeeter01; 09-25-2019 at 04:19 PM.

4.a. Trade Flacco next year when Jalen Hurts is in the draft. Trade Bolles. Find a mlb....better offensive play calling. We could run the ball against GB so we should keep trying it. And for Pete's sake let get some pressure on some QBs... You know, blitz, pass rushing.....we got the talent to do all this things....lets start using it.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    4.a. Trade Flacco next year when Jalen Hurts is in the draft. Trade Bolles. Find a mlb....better offensive play calling. We could run the ball against GB so we should keep trying it. And for Pete's sake let get some pressure on some QBs... You know, blitz, pass rushing.....we got the talent to do all this things....lets start using it.
    With 2019 looking like his 5th consecutive season of well below average QB play, there will be no trade market for Flacco. There hardly was this last offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    With 2019 looking like his 5th consecutive season of well below average QB play, there will be no trade market for Flacco. There hardly was this last offseason.
    I agree. We would prolly be lucky to get a 6th for flacco and a 7th for bolles.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Since I was fourteen years old, I like to watch the Denver Broncos play football. When doing so, I ask myself exactly what it is I'm seeing. In the off-season I have followed who the coaches and players are. Over the years I have tried to apply what I've learned about football to being a Broncos fan. One could say I'm in the "Watcher Camp".

I'm in the 3 camp. We have been competitive with most the top tier teams in the league over the last few years. The O-line needs fixed with a couple of good players and maybe MLB. Lots of young players on the team and new coaches. Broncos got kicked while they were down this year with the schedule. I say let'um run.

I'm a combination of 2 &3. I'm mainly in camp 3 but I still think we're probably a couple players short of being able to contend for a Super Bowl and get back among the elite. We've been very competitive with Chicago and Green Bay who are two of the better teams in the league and of course we had Chicago beat until the refs screwed us on the last series. We were also about 3-5 plays from winning in Green Bay. If we were 2-1 right now, the entire tone and conversation on this board would be different. I'm nowhere near ready to give up on Bolles yet and I thought he played pretty well against GB. No way in the world would I support trading Von, CHJ, or Emmanuel. I think things will come together for this team and then we'll see what pieces we really need to add. I think we need help at CB (especially with the situation with Callahan), we need another LB, and we need to upgrade our OL. I hope Lock is the answer at QB but time will tell. I believe this team is much better than their record and I believe we will get it together soon and make a run. I say give this team time to come together and then add the pieces we need.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!