• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ear2dastreets
    Hall of Famer
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    This class is loaded at qb. I feel there are 5-6 first round qbs with franchise upside
    Tua
    Fromm
    Hubert
    Burrow
    Eason
    And Newman

I feel like all 6 of those could end up in first round contention
    I'm not fond of fromm...I'm a life GA bulldog fan....he qb that needs a strong run game. I can't count on him nor have a seen him win a game solely with his arm. He has some very good throws here and there. But not that killer instinct.
    Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Murph2432
      Playmaker
      • Sep 2008

I think this QB draft is overrated big time. Plus, I dont think there is any chance denver goes QB first. Whether you like Lock or not we need to build around him next year and be fully committed. Which means we go OL in the first and again in the 2nd or 3rd considering Leary is most likely gone and Bolles may follow. Plus, once you build the line and we find out that Lock may not be the guy. We have an Oline set already for the next QB to succeed in

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2017

The real question is Does Denver Draft A QB with a Top Five Pick? I ask this Question because they just Drafted A QB in Drew who they think might be the Next Starting QB however because of the injury and the cash spent on Flacco do they even entertain that Idea? I would because I would push Joe to Retire and if they Rookie QB could beat Drew hands down then you would be set at the QB position however I not to confident with the upper management Drafting so who really knows. I for one would take Tua.

Comment

• orange crush75
          Captain
          • Feb 2006

If we pick in the top 5 is there a better option for us then a Qb? I'm not a high on Tag. We really need serious help on OL , DL , LB and CB. I knew our OL ain't the greatest but watching the Eagles make running lanes against the Packers made our OL look like a garbage with an exception of a couple players . Risner is a great draft , now you get a couple more like him and we manhandle teams.

Comment

• Spice 1
            Football Immortal
            • Sep 2004

I don't think we're drafting a quarterback next year, so it's all moot, but if I had to pick one of these guys it would still be Herbert. The criticisms against him are sometimes accurate, but not consistently. He often does do the things that are repeatedly used against him. He did struggle with those things against Auburn. Threw some inaccurate balls downfield, on the move, and missed some open receivers. To be fair though, if Herbert and Tua swapped teams, I'm of the opinion that there wouldn't even be a debate between the two.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
              Football Immortal
              • May 2010

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
              If we pick in the top 5 is there a better option for us then a Qb? I'm not a high on Tag. We really need serious help on OL , DL , LB and CB. I knew our OL ain't the greatest but watching the Eagles make running lanes against the Packers made our OL look like a garbage with an exception of a couple players . Risner is a great draft , now you get a couple more like him and we manhandle teams.
              Possibly but I don't think we win this division with Flacco or lock even building around them
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                Football Immortal
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                I'm not fond of fromm...I'm a life GA bulldog fan....he qb that needs a strong run game. I can't count on him nor have a seen him win a game solely with his arm. He has some very good throws here and there. But not that killer instinct.
                I see that but I think the upside is there for him to do it expecially in a.less conservative offense. I also like I said really like his leadership abilities
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                  Hall of Famer
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  I think this QB draft is overrated big time. Plus, I dont think there is any chance denver goes QB first. Whether you like Lock or not we need to build around him next year and be fully committed. Which means we go OL in the first and again in the 2nd or 3rd considering Leary is most likely gone and Bolles may follow. Plus, once you build the line and we find out that Lock may not be the guy. We have an Oline set already for the next QB to succeed in
                  You don't go all in on a qb that has not proven anything. People act like there has been zero attempt to address the online. From using 1st and 2nd picks...high price FA oline....if we keep sucking and end up in the top 3 I think there is a strong chance we will especially if Tua is there.
                  Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                    Hall of Famer
                    • Oct 2017

I would too. Preach.

Comment

• Murph2432
                      Playmaker
                      • Sep 2008

You don't go all in on a qb that has not proven anything. People act like there has been zero attempt to address the online. From using 1st and 2nd picks...high price FA oline....if we keep sucking and end up in the top 3 I think there is a strong chance we will especially if Tua is there.
                      Wouldn't you be going all in on Tua and he hasn't proven anything? I am so confident that we will not be going QB at all in the first. Even if we get the first overall pick I'd still be confident we don't. Makes zero sense.

We may have spent picks and high priced players for the Oline but if I recall people didn't want Bolles. We wanted Ramcyck. A lot of use wanted Nelson and they went Chubb. Chubb was one of your guys and Nelson is already a top G in the league. But you didn't want him because he wasn't a " impact" player. He proved you wrong.
                      Those high dollar players are only high dollar because T are valued so high even avg T get paid top dollar. We spend so much money on RT and failed because before this year we tried to get a bargain deal on a player.

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        I might be the only one not enamored by him
                        I'm not either, probably just because it's bama and they just don't produce NFL quarterbacks. Give me Fromm, Herbert or even Eason from Washington over Tua.

​​​​

Comment

• JvDub95
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                          And rightfully so, it should be OL 1st. Give Lock every possible protection piece we can and let Drew "Lock" down the west LOL

​​​​

Comment

• JvDub95
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2005

So you don't think that Daniel Jones is going to be good??

​​​​

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              And rightfully so, it should be OL 1st. Give Lock every possible protection piece we can and let Drew "Lock" down the west LOL
                              Possibly but I like a guy like trey Adam's III out of Washington in the second picking a qb in the first makes sense if you don't trust lock

But personally I'd take tua and Adams over lock and Thomas. Just cause I don't know if lock has what he needs to be an nfl qb
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm

Comment

• orange crush75
                                Captain
                                • Feb 2006

I'm ok with Lock. I like what I've seen although it being a small sample size. Hes progressed every week , has a strong arm , can make all the throws , mobile and seems like he works hard and puts a lot of effort in what he does. Imo you beef up both lines , get you a solid MLB and get some depth . I feel that Flacco will be here next year unless they toss in Lock when he comes back and he shows promise. I can say I never thought a OL should be in the talks of a top 10 pick but what I've seen in Nelson and other lineman taken that high clearly shows I dont know what the heck I'm talking about. I'm a believer now , a convert if you will lol

Comment

Working...
                                X