Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tua Tagovailoa

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm not either, probably just because it's bama and they just don't produce NFL quarterbacks. Give me Fromm, Herbert or even Eason from Washington over Tua.
    Well my thing is, take today's game for example, guys either have a 10 yard cushion or he's got all day to throw. What am I supposed to do with that? Throw it to the red team? He looks fantastic so far this year, but you keep wanting to see him under some adversity. In last year's championship game, he couldn't seem to do anything if the first read wasn't there, and they were running the ball all over Clemson early on. Physically, he seems to be able to do it all, but it's hard to buy in when Alabama's offensive line and receivers destroy just about everybody they go against.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Possibly but I like a guy like trey Adam's III out of Washington in the second picking a qb in the first makes sense if you don't trust lock

But personally I'd take tua and Adams over lock and Thomas. Just cause I don't know if lock has what he needs to be an nfl qb
    Nobody thought Daniel Jones was worth anything either.....not consistent enough.....not accurate enough.....bad arm strength etc etc. We truly don't know how these kids will react on the big stage until you give them a shot.

Giants Oline is just as bad as Denver's so don't anybody give me that crap, let the kid either succeed or fail on his own before we come up with excuses on why we think he won't.... Let him show it

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Nobody thought Daniel Jones was worth anything either.....not consistent enough.....not accurate enough.....bad arm strength etc etc. We truly don't know how these kids will react on the big stage until you give them a shot.

Giants Oline is just as bad as Denver's so don't anybody give me that crap, let the kid either succeed or fail on his own before we come up with excuses on why we think he won't.... Let him show it
    there where some signs with jones in the pre draft and at the senior bowl. he was definitely on one of the weakest Power 5 schools and probably getting out classed on talent. which is why his game film wasn't great. i didn't think he was worth it. but if you have a guy you get that guy regardless of what other thing. i am just all in Tua, like i said i remember watching him on the Elite 11. he has an amazing work ethic. he practiced with his Family outside high school football practice. he has a personality you want to work for and gravitate towards. he has that type of leadership that gives confidence to those around him and gets them to play better. he has all the arm talent to make every throw you would need to in the nfl. and he is a good athlete. i think people are really underrating his leadership ability in this thread. this kid is a leader on the football feild. will be the type of QB that shows up the earlist and stays the latest, that is how he has been sense high school. this kid is gonna be special where ever he ends up.

we will have to watch the competition on his roster he plays 23 texas A&m next week which they will probably steam role, but against LSU and Auburn later into the season i feel those will the true tests for Tua
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 09-28-2019 at 02:47 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    there where some signs with jones in the pre draft and at the senior bowl. he was definitely on one of the weakest Power 5 schools and probably getting out classed on talent. which is why his game film wasn't great. i didn't think he was worth it. but if you have a guy you get that guy regardless of what other thing. i am just all in Tua, like i said i remember watching him on the Elite 11. he has an amazing work ethic. he practiced with his Family outside high school football practice. he has a personality you want to work for and gravitate towards. he has that type of leadership that gives confidence to those around him and gets them to play better. he has all the arm talent to make every throw you would need to in the nfl. and he is a good athlete. i think people are really underrating his leadership ability in this thread. this kid is a leader on the football feild. will be the type of QB that shows up the earlist and stays the latest, that is how he has been sense high school. this kid is gonna be special where ever he ends up.

we will have to watch the competition on his roster he plays 23 texas A&m next week which they will probably steam role, but against LSU and Auburn later into the season i feel those will the true tests for Tua
    I agree Tua from a personal standpoint is a solid character. I don't want to spend top draft pick on a QB if Lock shows promise and there is a chance we won't even see that until next year. I would much rather spend all our resources on offensive line, MLB, CB and DT and build the team up. If Lock fails then we go all in on Trevor and sell the farm to get him.....if possible

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Wouldn't you be going all in on Tua and he hasn't proven anything? I am so confident that we will not be going QB at all in the first. Even if we get the first overall pick I'd still be confident we don't. Makes zero sense.

We may have spent picks and high priced players for the Oline but if I recall people didn't want Bolles. We wanted Ramcyck. A lot of use wanted Nelson and they went Chubb. Chubb was one of your guys and Nelson is already a top G in the league. But you didn't want him because he wasn't a " impact" player. He proved you wrong.
    Those high dollar players are only high dollar because T are valued so high even avg T get paid top dollar. We spend so much money on RT and failed because before this year we tried to get a bargain deal on a player.
    Yes I would because he is a top 3 pick and the money invested in him. Not lock he is a second rounder. How confident you feel we won't draft a qb top 5, I'm equally confident that we will.

So you don't think that Daniel Jones is going to be good??
    Idk. I'm not like yall I don't know time will tell. Like I always saying all last year about Baker. He is proven it this year. I said it once I'll say it again Baker is nothing to shake a stick at and I still would take Jackson over him.
    Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 09-28-2019 at 04:36 PM.

You never know about QBs until their 2nd year. Once a Qb has a year of tape on them you will see Defenses start picking up on ways to play him. I'm not one for crowning a Qb as a franchise Qb or the best thing since sliced bread in one season. Let's see how those QBs play against tougher opponents. Beating up on a team with a lousy D doesnt mean squat.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    You never know about QBs until their 2nd year. Once a Qb has a year of tape on them you will see Defenses start picking up on ways to play him. I'm not one for crowning a Qb as a franchise Qb or the best thing since sliced bread in one season. Let's see how those QBs play against tougher opponents. Beating up on a team with a lousy D doesnt mean squat.
    People thought I was crazy pre and post draft bc I didn't think Baker was all that. I was clowned bc I wanted Lamar Jackson and not baker. I was hearing; he turned the browns around, he broke thr rookientd record. I was like what is his record vs teams with a winning record? Now look at him...he got good running game, excellent wrs and a pretty good def and Baker is available via FA in my fantasy league lol. Baker is nothing to shake a stick at. I feel the same way about lock. That's why I want him to play asap so the rest can see it too.

Well in all honesty Lamar Jackson does look good so far . Look at the defenses hes played against.....nothing to shake a stick at imo. If he can translate that high level of playing against better teams that's a true validation. All in all theres only one team standing at the end and if a Qb cant execute against a solid team its frivolous. I'm not one high on stats either , I play ff but that's just it , its fantasy . I judge a Qb by more then just his stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    People thought I was crazy pre and post draft bc I didn't think Baker was all that. I was clowned bc I wanted Lamar Jackson and not baker. I was hearing; he turned the browns around, he broke thr rookientd record. I was like what is his record vs teams with a winning record? Now look at him...he got good running game, excellent wrs and a pretty good def and Baker is available via FA in my fantasy league lol. Baker is nothing to shake a stick at. I feel the same way about lock. That's why I want him to play asap so the rest can see it too.
    Rookie year vs 3 games. And you're over hear acting like Lamar already had the better career lmao. The dude played Miami and Ari and people are surprised he put numbers up. The KC came along and now each game those numbers are going downward.

Either way my whole thing with Jackson was longevity.

Rookie year vs 3 games. And you're over hear acting like Lamar already had the better career lmao. The dude played Miami and Ari and people are surprised he put numbers up. The KC came along and now each game those numbers are going downward.

Either way my whole thing with Jackson was longevity.
    I never said anything about career you did. I said right now he is proven me right. Brown played titans losing record, jets still have not won a game, and the rams. So both have played one good team. When it comes to longevity everyone wants to say rg3. For ANY qb it just one hit rather you are in the pocket or not. I think LJ will be fine. He is running a lot less than he did last year.
    Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 09-29-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Bakers coach is overwhelmed. Isn't ready to be a hc yet. And if the Pat's have proven anything it is coaching is important

I never said anything about career you did. I said right now he is proven me right. Brown played titans losing record, jets still have not won a game, and the rams. So both have played one good team. When it comes to longevity everyone wants to say rg3. For ANY qb it just one hit rather you are in the pocket or not. I think LJ will be fine. He is running a lot less than he did last year.
    Baker going into Balti and beating your boy in his dome.

I agree Tua from a personal standpoint is a solid character. I don't want to spend top draft pick on a QB if Lock shows promise and there is a chance we won't even see that until next year. I would much rather spend all our resources on offensive line, MLB, CB and DT and build the team up. If Lock fails then we go all in on Trevor and sell the farm to get him.....if possible
    Would rather have justin fields...

Baker going into Balti and beating your boy in his dome.
    He beat the ravens def not lamar. QBs play vs def and not each other. Ravens is NOT the same def and everyone knows it. L jack still is doing is thing. Would still take him over Baker easy. And he has less to work with.