Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tua Tagovailoa

I was about to say Tua just needs to sit until the draft and let his body heal...guess he has no choice now with the dislocated hip.

I still think he gets drafted early by a QB-needy team...and I would draft him if we are one of the QB-needy teams but I'm hoping Lock is our future.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I was about to say Tua just needs to sit until the draft and let his body heal...guess he has no choice now with the dislocated hip.

I still think he gets drafted early by a QB-needy team...and I would draft him if we are one of the QB-needy teams but I'm hoping Lock is our future.
    Initial reports had it as the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career. Medicine has come a long way in the almost 30 years since that happened, so hopefully it doesn't end his career, nor will he need a hip replacement, like Jackson did.

But given the severity of his injury here, and just the number of injuries he had in college, one has to wonder if he will be a high pick at this point? He might be better served playing another year of college...not sure that would be at Alabama.

No one wants to see injuries like this. Like others have said, it all comes down to the artery. The Hip fracture, the labrum tear all fixable with modern day medicine with relative little stress.

If the femoral artery was severed or canít function the same. Then avascular necrosis becomes the concern. (What did Bo in) Fortunately resetting the hip as quickly as they did reduces that concern.

Many prayers sent Tuaís way.

I think this is crazy talk. Lawrence has made some poor decisions this season, but the arm talent is the best to come around in a long time. I believe Fields is a stud and Tua can be a franchise QB, but neither is in the same ballpark as Lawrence. This kid will be the #1 pick in the 2021 draft unless a severe injury threatens his career.

That being said, I am not sold on waiting either. I prefer we see what we have in Lock and have some information before we go into this years draft. I do expect Tua to drop.

I would still Draft Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I think this is crazy talk. Lawrence has made some poor decisions this season, but the arm talent is the best to come around in a long time. I believe Fields is a stud and Tua can be a franchise QB, but neither is in the same ballpark as Lawrence. This kid will be the #1 pick in the 2021 draft unless a severe injury threatens his career.

That being said, I am not sold on waiting either. I prefer we see what we have in Lock and have some information before we go into this years draft. I do expect Tua to drop.
    Wrong, Fields is the way better QB than Lawrence!

Sad chain of events. Out for the season. Not sure how this will affect his draft status. Probably still go very high, but it's a wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Sad chain of events. Out for the season. Not sure how this will affect his draft status. Probably still go very high, but it's a wait and see.
    He has at least one more season or college eligibility, not sure how medical redshirts work but he might even be able to use that to get 2 years in college. Itíd be risky for him to go back but I think itís the only choice he has right now. If he comes out I think the best case scenario is some takes a flier on him in the 5th. Most likely a 7th or priority FA because not only is this a serious injury, itís a serious injury that will effect how he drives the ball. Then you throw in the surgeries he had to both ankles and you get a fairly concerning medical history.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He has at least one more season or college eligibility, not sure how medical redshirts work but he might even be able to use that to get 2 years in college. It’d be risky for him to go back but I think it’s the only choice he has right now. If he comes out I think the best case scenario is some takes a flier on him in the 5th. Most likely a 7th or priority FA because not only is this a serious injury, it’s a serious injury that will effect how he drives the ball. Then you throw in the surgeries he had to both ankles and you get a fairly concerning medical history.
    I think he's played too many games to be eligible for that if he tried. It usually only applies to players who miss the entire season or get injured very early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post

You cant be serious to think justin fields is no where near close to TL.... man stop. I please tell me what TL have that fields doesn't? I'll wait???
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Wrong, Fields is the way better QB than Lawrence!
    Thank you. Idk that games he has been watching to make a ridiculous comment like that lol.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    You cant be serious to think justin fields is no where near close to TL.... man stop. I please tell me what TL have that fields doesn't? I'll wait???
    A national championship ring as a true freshman and MVP of the championship.

I wouldn't have wanted Tua before the injury and I want him less now.
    It doesn't really matter though. If we are drafting a QB, its going to be Herbert. JE loves this kid

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I wouldn't have wanted Tua before the injury and I want him less now.
    It doesn't really matter though. If we are drafting a QB, its going to be Herbert. JE loves this kid
    Burrow should be our guy. That guy is clutch and good. I think that's the best Qb I've seen in a good while from the college ranks. I feel like he has the "It" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Thank you. Idk that games he has been watching to make a ridiculous comment like that lol.
    Watch the games, Fields is the best thing happening to college football right now. And with another year under his belt I will bet anyone he goes ahead of Lawrence as long as both stay healthy.