Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 97

Thread: Tua Tagovailoa

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Burrow should be our guy. That guy is clutch and good. I think that's the best Qb I've seen in a good while from the college ranks. I feel like he has the "It" factor.
    Bengals will beat everyone to him.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1
    So from one season of playing Very good Burrow should be the guy? I will admit he is good and could be a franchise guy.But the red flags to me on him is. 2 years is all as a starter. was a back up to JT at Ohio State and then was beat out by Haskins. Transfers and throws only 16 TDs as a RJR. There is really only one year of tape on this guy. In my Opinion there are red flags with all QBs in the draft class. hopefully Lock gets his shot and we can find out if we need a QB in this Draft. Since this is the Tua thread would you guys consider trading back into late first to get him ?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,808
    theres rumors this guy may drop or not go if there at the end of the first round it may be worth moving up to grab him expecially if we can get our franchise LT moving forward with the first pick.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,728
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak_Bronco View Post
    So from one season of playing Very good Burrow should be the guy? I will admit he is good and could be a franchise guy.But the red flags to me on him is. 2 years is all as a starter. was a back up to JT at Ohio State and then was beat out by Haskins. Transfers and throws only 16 TDs as a RJR. There is really only one year of tape on this guy. In my Opinion there are red flags with all QBs in the draft class. hopefully Lock gets his shot and we can find out if we need a QB in this Draft. Since this is the Tua thread would you guys consider trading back into late first to get him ?
    Joe has 2 seasons as a starter, from year 1 to year 2 he has showed massive improvement statistical improvement. Generally that means there is mental and mechanical improvement especially at the QB position and that showcases 1. That hes going to work hard to improve his game and 2. That hes taking what his coaches are coaching him to heart.

    As far as Tua, no way he comes out and if he does he isnt going in the first or second, the injuries are too big of a red flag. And then when you watch him from season to season, its just a lot of the same stuff, no noticeable improvement in his mechanics, not much better at reading coverages etc. You expect natural improvement from added experience and weve seen that but nothing drastic. Granted he started from a very high floor so statistically there isnt much room for growth but I see relatively the same guy I saw in the first game of last season.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,044
    Soooo , hows the Tua rehabilitation coming haha

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,405
    Thread cleaned.

    Tua... so unfortunate. Medicine and rehab have come a long way since Bo Jackson's injury but... as good as his play his injury history, even if slightly exaggerated, is cause for concern.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,044
    Just read a mock draft where they had Broncos taking Tua @#5. I know these are crap shoots but man I hope we dont .

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    425
    If Elway didn't take Lock at 10, then he won't take Tua at 5. Hopefully we don't take Tua at all.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,130
    Id be surprised if Tua came out. Hed be a second round pick if he came out for the 2020 draft

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,564
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Just read a mock draft where they had Broncos taking Tua @#5. I know these are crap shoots but man I hope we dont .
    To be fair. If I were a sports writer, it would be hard to resist the temptation of doing a mock draft where I have the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers taking an injured quarterback in the first round every year.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Id be surprised if Tua came out. Hed be a second round pick if he came out for the 2020 draft
    I thought I heard Tua has draft insurance so even if he was a second round pick he wouldnt lose much in compensation. To me it doesnt make sense for him to go back when he could go to an NFL team and get better treatment and start getting paid.

    If he is healthy and able to throw again in early 2020 and signs point to a full recovery, it would be a shock if he doesnt go top 10.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Thread cleaned.

    Tua... so unfortunate. Medicine and rehab have come a long way since Bo Jackson's injury but... as good as his play his injury history, even if slightly exaggerated, is cause for concern.
    It is absolutely the cause for concern, which is why we have even the slightest chance of drafting him.

    A healthy Tua would be the be the best QB prospect weve seen in some time.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,413
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    It is absolutely the cause for concern, which is why we have even the slightest chance of drafting him.

    A healthy Tua would be the be the best QB prospect we’ve seen in some time.
    I've just never seen it with this kid. He's been good, but I've never seen him be a QB that looks like he's going to be a star in the NFL. I've seen a kid who could move around fairly well, and had a decent arm. But I've also seen a kid who looks like he had no idea what he was seeing defensively, and who would just throw it up and let his receivers out athlete the opposition.

    To a degree I think he's been living off the hype that built from what he did in the National Championship game as a freshman. Not what he's done since then.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,044
    I agree with Butler . I think the only Qb worthy of a top 5 pick in this class is Burrow .

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jack Del Rio-ville, FL
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I've just never seen it with this kid. He's been good, but I've never seen him be a QB that looks like he's going to be a star in the NFL. I've seen a kid who could move around fairly well, and had a decent arm. But I've also seen a kid who looks like he had no idea what he was seeing defensively, and who would just throw it up and let his receivers out athlete the opposition.

    To a degree I think he's been living off the hype that built from what he did in the National Championship game as a freshman. Not what he's done since then.
    Last season, he posted a 199.4 passer rating, the BEST in college football history, breaking previous records held by Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield.

    This season (prior to injury), he was on pace to break his OWN record with a 206.9 passer rating.

    These arent fluke stats, and while Tua has been surrounded by supreme talent, hes been consistently efficient and elite against top tier competition in the SEC. And if youre doubting his football IQ and claiming that hes merely a chucker... I point you to his 2nd half against LSU this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •