Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fields>Lawrence

Fields>Lawrence

This is the guy Elway needs to target if Lock doesnít work out. By the time heís done at Ohio St. he will be considered the best QB to come out in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    This is the guy Elway needs to target if Lock doesn’t work out. By the time he’s done at Ohio St. he will be considered the best QB to come out in decades.
    He is from the "A" straight out of Harrison high school. He was the #1 recruit ranked ahead of Lawrence and was #1 in trent dilfer qb camp. I can get behind him 100%. Has size, speed and can make all the throws.

He's having a good year. What's he at like 23 total TDs in these first five games?

Crazy both grew up 30min from each other

Oh I forgot Ohio st has played anyone in the top 50 so far this year.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Oh I forgot Ohio st has played anyone in the top 50 so far this year.

Oh wait...
    Not a bad road win tonight though!

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Not a bad road win tonight though!
    Against a 2-3 team that almost lost to Illinois...

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Against a 2-3 team that almost lost to Illinois...
    3-2 team who was playing at home. And got dominated. Alabama hasn't played anyone. Gave up 30 sum odd points to a 2-3 team at home....

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    3-2 team who was playing at home. And got dominated. Alabama hasn't played anyone. Gave up 30 sum odd points to a 2-3 team at home....
    My bad. I thought when I looked last night Nebraska was 2-2. So then with the loss I thought it dropped them to 2-3.

Not sure what your point is about Alabama though. You know good and well Iím not an Alabama fan.

I thought Ohio State has noting but system QB's ?
    Wasn't that the big issue with Haskins ? And why hasn't Haskins been put in yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I thought Ohio State has noting but system QB's ?
    Wasn't that the big issue with Haskins ? And why hasn't Haskins been put in yet ?
    I donít recall anyone saying there were issues with Haskins. And itís out of his control if he is put in or not.

Gruden doesnít want to start him before he is ready and destroy his confidence. But Iíve heard rumors Snyder May be about to pull the plug on Gruden. So if Keenum gets off to a similar start today as he did Monday night donít be surprised if today is the day they go to Haskins

Haskins is going to start, within the the next one or two games. It's only a matter of time. We'll be in the same situation in a month as well.

I've been watching Justin Fields game, and he looks better than Haskins. He is eligible for the draft in 2020 if he declares right? I want to see him perform against playoff contenders before pounding the table for him, but so far he looks like the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Haskins is going to start, within the the next one or two games. It's only a matter of time. We'll be in the same situation in a month as well.

I've been watching Justin Fields game, and he looks better than Haskins. He is eligible for the draft in 2020 if he declares right? I want to see him perform against playoff contenders before pounding the table for him, but so far he looks like the real deal.
    I think fields was a true freshmen last year at Georgia. Which would make him not eligible until the 2021 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post

Fields is super talented, but what got me to like Haskins so much last year was that he had to learn on the fly during the year. Haskins does not have Fields' mobility, and OSU couldn't run the ball at times to save their lives last year. With Fields, they're able to run their more traditional offense. There were a lot of games where Haskins had to beat teams from the pocket, and he saw numerous quality defenses of both zone and man during that time. His progression during the year impressed me. He did have fantastic receivers at OSU, and he'll still have McLaurin whenever he starts this year. If things go right for Washington, Haskins/McLaurin will be one of those destiny type of deals. I hope it does work out, but that's just my Ohio State bias.

My biggest problem with Dwayne is that he always struggled to get velocity on the ball when he's either moving for didn't have his feet set. He was still struggling with this in the preseason. If Snyder is smart, he'll retain Gruden, because Gruden's offense will make it easier for him in this regard. Like you said, Dwayne should start soon. I don't see Jay Gruden dying on the Case Keenum hill.

I remember Fields from Season 2 of QB1: Beyond the Lights.

People in the know when it comes to Georgia: why wasn't he able to beat out Fromm? Is Fromm the better QB?
    Last edited by Bootleg; 09-29-2019 at 09:49 AM.