Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fields>Lawrence

Iíd be happy with either one to be honest. While Iíd rather have Lawerence, I wouldnít be mad at Field.

That kid from LSU is lighting it up.

Certainly appears to be legit. I'm always a little hesitant going after Ohio State QBs but this guy doesn't seem to fit the same mold of previous busts from there.

On a side note completely unrelated......

I'm watching the Cal vs Oregon game and just realized Cal's QB last name, Modster? What a great last name for a QB LOL!!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    You have the right to like who you like. FL just beat Auburn. Just bc bama may win vs LSU's that doesn't mean it was bc of tua...you are getting waaaay ahead of yourself. Most qbs are the first in and last out. You hear that statement almost all the time. I get it tou like how humble he is but the doesn't equal win in the NFL. He is a good qb don't get me wrong. But I dont like his injury history and the fact to me he throws to the left majority of the time. For "me" I'd rather have justin fields.
    i am just saying that fields has yet to really play any one. and i mean JK dobbins has been going off this year. some of it is to fields threat. also i like fields i just like Tua more. in the nfl you need to do that at QB to be sucessful. there is so much studing to do with reading defenses, plus you want to lead by example. be some one like this guy is doing so i might as well also.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i am just saying that fields has yet to really play any one. and i mean JK dobbins has been going off this year. some of it is to fields threat. also i like fields i just like Tua more. in the nfl you need to do that at QB to be sucessful. there is so much studing to do with reading defenses, plus you want to lead by example. be some one like this guy is doing so i might as well also.
    Bama has not played anyone yet either. Dobbs can do that bc the def has to respect that field can throw. Fields to good vs a killer at M-state.

A couple issues I have with Tua, and theyíre not really his fault.

1. He will be the #1 pick in 2020. Miami will own that pick and it will take an absolute kings ransom to get that pick. Iím putting us at 4-5 wins this year, we wonít be close enough to get him.

2. We really need to see what Lock has before we go spending a top 10 pick on a QB. I know the general rule of thumb is if you donít have a franchise QB and one is available to you, you take him. How would we know if Lock isnít one if we donít give him st least a season to prove it?

We are better set to wait and take a QB in 2021 if Lock doesnít work out.

I'm not big on Tua . I was big on taking a Qb in the 1st but my way of thinking is changing a bit. I've seen what a difference Q Nelson has made . I thought the colts were nuts for taking a OL that early but heck he immediately made that team better. We really need to beef up our Lines . See what Lock has . Then re asses the Qb situation in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm not big on Tua . I was big on taking a Qb in the 1st but my way of thinking is changing a bit. I've seen what a difference Q Nelson has made . I thought the colts were nuts for taking a OL that early but heck he immediately made that team better. We really need to beef up our Lines . See what Lock has . Then re asses the Qb situation in 2021.
    It wasn't just Nelson they drafted other online in that same draft. K.c. sucks vs the run. They also had their franchise qb before they took Nelson. That qb went # overall too.

I look at how they do against ranked opponents more and Lawrence has shown a lot more promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    I look at how they do against ranked opponents more and Lawrence has shown a lot more promise.
    Endeavor for Trevor! 2021

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Haskins is going to start, within the the next one or two games. It's only a matter of time. We'll be in the same situation in a month as well.

I've been watching Justin Fields game, and he looks better than Haskins. He is eligible for the draft in 2020 if he declares right? I want to see him perform against playoff contenders before pounding the table for him, but so far he looks like the real deal.
    Fields wont be DRaft Eligible till 2021.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    A couple issues I have with Tua, and they’re not really his fault.

1. He will be the #1 pick in 2020. Miami will own that pick and it will take an absolute kings ransom to get that pick. I’m putting us at 4-5 wins this year, we won’t be close enough to get him.

2. We really need to see what Lock has before we go spending a top 10 pick on a QB. I know the general rule of thumb is if you don’t have a franchise QB and one is available to you, you take him. How would we know if Lock isn’t one if we don’t give him st least a season to prove it?

We are better set to wait and take a QB in 2021 if Lock doesn’t work out.
    i kinda agree with 2 other then his preseason was very disapointing.

1. i am not sure that Tua will be the first QB off the board. Joe Burrow and Justin Hubert may make a good case for that spot.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i kinda agree with 2 other then his preseason was very disapointing.

1. i am not sure that Tua will be the first QB off the board. Joe Burrow and Justin Hubert may make a good case for that spot.
    Joe is looking pretty good. I love his decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Joe is looking pretty good. I love his decision making.
    He also has better arm then tua. From a physical stand point looks like a great talent. Plus he has been playing lights out this year

So far fields look pretty good. Couple of high throws but his wrs got the dropsy.