Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fields>Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    I remember Fields from Season 2 of QB1: Beyond the Lights.

People in the know when it comes to Georgia: why wasn't he able to beat out Fromm? Is from the better QB?
    You realize Fromm was the encumbent by the time Fields got there right?

Fromm killed it as a freshmen and took UGa to the Natty and shouldíve won it. You donít just replace that with a new freshmen the next year even if the kid is super talented. And Georgia did use him in the offense a lot last year.

But Fromm is a solid top 5 draft pick. You donít just bench that because Fields might be more talented.

What Saban did with Hurts and Tua is very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You realize Fromm was the encumbent by the time Fields got there right?

Fromm killed it as a freshmen and took UGa to the Natty and should’ve won it. You don’t just replace that with a new freshmen the next year even if the kid is super talented. And Georgia did use him in the offense a lot last year.

But Fromm is a solid top 5 draft pick. You don’t just bench that because Fields might be more talented.

What Saban did with Hurts and Tua is very rare.

Thanks for the reply. I was aware that Fromm was already there, but wasn't sure whether they had an open competition or not.

Thanks for the reply. I was aware that Fromm was already there, but wasn't sure whether they had an open competition or not.
    I mean i donít think itís ever really considered an open competition in college. If the starter performs the way Fromm did his freshmen year and returns heís pretty much guaranteed the job.

Itís up in the air who is better of the two but I think it made sense they stuck with Fromm.

Both will likely be top 5 picks in their respective drafts.

Also if my first response sounded condescending I didnít mean it to. Just wasnít sure if you were aware Fromm was there first.

Iím sick if watching Mahomes rip the league apart. We will have to deal with that for the next 15 years. We need one. Give Lock as many reps as possible to see if heís the guy, if not we need to position ourselves for Fields in 2021. Man I would love to have this guy in orange and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Iím sick if watching Mahomes rip the league apart. We will have to deal with that for the next 15 years. We need one. Give Lock as many reps as possible to see if heís the guy, if not we need to position ourselves for Fields in 2021. Man I would love to have this guy in orange and blue.
    And why do you assume heís any better than the guys coming out next year like Tua?

I remember Fields from Season 2 of QB1: Beyond the Lights.

People in the know when it comes to Georgia: why wasn't he able to beat out Fromm? Is Fromm the better QB?
    No that's not the case at all. Smart was going to be loyal to fromm no matter what. When fields went in he was never allowed to throw just come in and run. The def knew what he was doing. Fields is too talented to sit behind fromm last year and then again this year.

Tua is still my Favorite QB from theses next few draft. if they both could come out this year i would take Tua or Fields. but i also love Tuas personality and leadership Qualities

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Tua is still my Favorite QB from theses next few draft. if they both could come out this year i would take Tua or Fields. but i also love Tuas personality and leadership Qualities
    Its really not hard to be a leader when you win 14 games a year. Leadership can only go so far. He has been banged up in college. He looked terrible vs Clemson last year. My biggest knock on him is that he mostly throws to left. Just watch film and see. I personally like fields the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Its really not hard to be a leader when you win 14 games a year. Leadership can only go so far. He has been banged up in college. He looked terrible vs Clemson last year. My biggest knock on him is that he mostly throws to left. Just watch film and see. I personally like fields the most.
    You lost me here. How is leadership and personality not an important thing. They can have average talent but if they arena leadernof men and has a personality that people gravitate towards. It will only make people want to play harder for that person. They can be an average qb talent wise never the biggest arm or the most athletic. But if they have leadership it makes every one on the team better.

You lost me here. How is leadership and personality not an important thing. They can have average talent but if they arena leadernof men and has a personality that people gravitate towards. It will only make people want to play harder for that person. They can be an average qb talent wise never the biggest arm or the most athletic. But if they have leadership it makes every one on the team better.
    I'm saying bama is gonna win regardless of who is at qb...so how is he such a good leader? Bama is base on def. LEADERSHIP is go to have....but that's not the only thing I want in a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I'm saying bama is gonna win regardless of who is at qb...so how is he such a good leader? Bama is base on def. LEADERSHIP is go to have....but that's not the only thing I want in a QB.
    I don't think you prove that expecially when he goes into LSU's or Auburn later this season. I mean I feel like you could say a simular thing about Ohio state they are obviously the most talented team in the big 10 and hasn't played any one that has really tested them. It is tua personality in interviews. You can tell when he is talking it is not about him putting up number or anything. It is about the team winning over where he gets drafted or his personal stats. He is also the type of guy who will be first in the training facility and last to leave. When he was in high school he would practice throwing to his family members after practice for the team was over. He also check off everything you want from an arm talent perspective and is athletic enough to move around him and fields will probably run simular times But fields is the better athlete. Due to being like 235 pounds. Plus I just love tuas personality such a humble guy.

Justin fields

Let's see what this kid has . Some on here have been talking about him being a top pick in 2021.

I like Fields, he's a lot like Russ Wilson,but with greater physical talent. Two years at OSU will get him ready for the NFL. He'll be way better than Haskins in the long run.

I don't think you prove that expecially when he goes into LSU's or Auburn later this season. I mean I feel like you could say a simular thing about Ohio state they are obviously the most talented team in the big 10 and hasn't played any one that has really tested them. It is tua personality in interviews. You can tell when he is talking it is not about him putting up number or anything. It is about the team winning over where he gets drafted or his personal stats. He is also the type of guy who will be first in the training facility and last to leave. When he was in high school he would practice throwing to his family members after practice for the team was over. He also check off everything you want from an arm talent perspective and is athletic enough to move around him and fields will probably run simular times But fields is the better athlete. Due to being like 235 pounds. Plus I just love tuas personality such a humble guy.
    You have the right to like who you like. FL just beat Auburn. Just bc bama may win vs LSU's that doesn't mean it was bc of tua...you are getting waaaay ahead of yourself. Most qbs are the first in and last out. You hear that statement almost all the time. I get it tou like how humble he is but the doesn't equal win in the NFL. He is a good qb don't get me wrong. But I dont like his injury history and the fact to me he throws to the left majority of the time. For "me" I'd rather have justin fields.