Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    This. 100%. Fangio was given the improper personnel to run his scheme effectively. This mismanagement starts all the way at the top.
    So run a different scheme that fits the players we actually do have?

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
    Kicking and screaming, whatever happened to that.

When Elway let Boss Ward go the heart of the team was never the same. I miss what you used to be.

This is a soft team with an identity of being unable to close out games. Finding ways to lose.

Where is the emotional fight in this team? Picking high in drafts means absolutely nothing folks, won't change anything. We draft like a college drunk girl, looks decent but really not able to perform adequately. So what if we have high draft choices. They will be squandered.

Jesus, get a friction win would ya! Show some frigging emotion like you give a crap
    Our defense is so bad up the middle and honestly the secondary too..... I don't see how anything changes before that does. Sure the offense made some mistakes and disappeared but at least they reappeared. We need interior DL and MLB .. so the draft might actually be what turns this around, if we get what we need.

I'd like to see the Broncos take an OL MLB and interior DL earlyish. Unless we're picking first...............who's going top 3 next draft?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    looks like the only way we win a game is if the offense scores with no time remaining on the clock because this defense is utter trash..

2 times handed the lead under 2:00 & they give it up, oh & this coach sucks!
    The offense had the ball for 5:09 in the 2nd half before the last drive. Part of the defense being gassed was the complete lack of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Senses Fail View Post
    Iím not throwing in the towel ever, but this game legit gave me a headache. Poor tackling and no creativity on offense in the 2nd half. Whatís horrible is when they are playing fundamental football they can hang with any team.
    I will still watch the games, like some sort of Hair shirt torture, but I will lower my expectations until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    That does seem to be the trick the Broncos are navigating. It's hard to rebuild for one kind and still play another. At some point there's that in between schemes that we seems to be in. I don't think playing a different scheme is gonna make a big difference. If anything it'll put more pressure on the DB's if they have to play more man for instance.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    looks like the only way we win a game is if the offense scores with no time remaining on the clock because this defense is utter trash..

2 times handed the lead under 2:00 & they give it up, oh & this coach sucks!
    Iím at the point, I really donít even give a damn if they do win. Letís go 0-16. Only way anything will ever change.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Soooo the o-line played pretty good against one of the better D-lines in the game... and no holding on Bolles for another week

Heartbreaking...But we're soooo close.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The offense had the ball for 5:09 in the 2nd half before the last drive. Part of the defense being gassed was the complete lack of offense.
    you do realize that part of that is on the defense itself...

when you start the 2nd half allowing a 10:30 minute drive please explain to me what the hell that has to do with the offense?

Aside from the garbage roughing the passer penalties against Chicago and today, I don't know why anyone is surprised. We saw this coming during the loss at Oakland. This team stinks. This coach is not worthy of a head coaching position and Elway has done a terrible job at finding a franchise QB and building a good, deep roster.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    The D is low on talent. There's no fixing it mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Heartbreaking...But we're soooo close.
    Love the optimism man. Lol
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Not to mention, Shanahan's last three years, especially the last three games of the 2006 season. Ouch!
    Ouch I remember that isnt that when we had 1 game to win with 3 remaining to clinch yet we got embarrassed by the charges. Ugh painful memories

I haven't posted in a while but I've always been reading. But today I feel the need.
    There are really no words to describe how low I feel on this team and their losing ways.

17-3 in the first half and then the colossal collapse. I guess the only thing to look forward to
    the rest of this season is seeing how creative the coaches and players will be in finding ways to lose.
    They're really getting good at it! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Denver plays a 3-4 with a DE playing NT. The ILB's are smallish. Teams know they can run and they'll be doing it all season.
    Do we, though? There was a lot of discussion on here in the off season about whether we were going to play 3-4 or 4-3. There were a lot of sign pointing in both directions in Fangio's past. One of the biggest signs pointing in the 3-4 direction was that we didn't have the personnel to run a 4-3 Defense. That we'd suck at it because we don't have the people. Kinda like what's happening right now. I don't know about you but I'm seeing a lot of downs where Chubb and Miller are playing 4-3 DE. Not 3-4 OLB.