Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Too bad Sanders didn't stay in bounds!

1:39 left at the Jags 8 yard line and he stepped out of bounds stopping the clock, too bad he didn't stay in bounds maybe they would've still scored and drained the clock more, way too much time left for the Jags, and of course another roughing the passer call, ugh......

I've watched this team since 1973 and I must say the only word that I can think of to describe it is "strange".......so weird.......

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    "What we're gonna do is go 3-4 but make it look like a 4-3. No, wait, we're gonna play 4-3 but make it look like we're thinking about playing 3-4 with 4-3 personnel but really all our guys are 3-4."

Brilliant. Best scene in Water Boy by far.
    Pretend to fake it, no he thinks about faking it. I donít know where I am right now, the room is getting smaller.
    Last edited by Senses Fail; 09-29-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Isn't Fangio a Defense "Mastermind"????
    It happens. Wade Phillipsí defense got thrashed today too. Itís going to get worse before it gets better.

Agreed. He is a veteran . Should know better . If he stays in bound we probably run ball and run some clock on 1st down.

Then when Jags got to our 10 yd line on final drive, why didn't we let them score the TD on the run??!! You let them score and go up and we still have 1 minute left with 1 time out I believe.
    Fangio is clueless when it comes to clock and game management but when Sanders ran out that was on him. Love Sanders but that's a move a player with his experience should know to do

I see 4 possible wins on the schedule, but thatís being generous. Possible wins vs Titans, Colts, Bills and Raiders to close the season. The Bills have a tough defense and the Colts have a better coach. The Raiders are a better team with Mayock and Gruden. Broncos could very easily be 2-14. Until they prove they can win ONE game, 0-16 is on the table.

And we lost again. I canít stand this team. 0-4. Way to go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch734 View Post
    Agreed. He is a veteran . Should know better . If he stays in bound we probably run ball and run some clock on 1st down.

Then when Jags got to our 10 yd line on final drive, why didn't we let them score the TD on the run??!! You let them score and go up and we still have 1 minute left with 1 time out I believe.
    Fangio is clueless when it comes to clock and game management but when Sanders ran out that was on him. Love Sanders but that's a move a player with his experience should know to do
    Yup once they were at the 30 yard line or so, should've just let them score and got the ball back for another try. If we cant stop them and they still end up getting a TD, we lose anyway. We just went down the field no issue, not sure why we couldn't again

This Defensive GURU of a head coach is a head scratcher so far. ' So far he us the opposite.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

The let them score mentality baffles me...

If they have a vet that spots that happening... they sit on the goal line... let the clock run... it’s a 2 way street
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    We badly needed to score and did so. Easy to say these things in hindsight.

"Let them score" isn't a real thing in the nfl lol.

I don't see the coaching as the biggest issue. Given a actual depth I think Fangio and his staff would have the Broncos at least at .500. The lack of talent level on both the defensive and offensive lines has to be close to worst in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post

So you don't see teams running clock before scoring to not allow the opposing offense to have as much time?
    It's done all the time ..
    Sanders ran out of bounds laterally not upfield!! Did you watch the game?
    What I am saying is instead of running laterally and out to stop clock he should have fell in bounds to keep clock running. That would have at least ran another 30 seconds off clock even if we scored on next play.
    It's not rocket science. Clock and game management is a huge part of game. The teams who are good at it tend to win more often in close games
    Last edited by clutch734; 09-29-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Typo

It sucks we come so close to winning against good teams and today we were mopped by a good running back. It seems we are only a few pieces away from a good team. Better QB, LB, OL, and DL play and we could be a scary team.

I see some people already saying get rid of Vic but he and Rick can only work with what they have been given talent wise...even if you play to their strengths (on offence) their ceiling is limited.

I like Vic and I like this team. If we can can at least show more fight we can maybe pull a few wins out. Death by inches. We're not getting blown out but we are getting handled.

Get it together Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post

Actually I think Holmgren admitted he let denver score their last touchdown in the first Superbowl win so Favre could have some time at the end. It's done. Maybe not often but it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRy View Post
    I don't see the coaching as the biggest issue. Given a actual depth I think Fangio and his staff would have the Broncos at least at .500. The lack of talent level on both the defensive and offensive lines has to be close to worst in the league.
    Coaching is an issue. Thereís a reason multiple teams passed over Fangio with 30 years in the league. There are obvious issues with the roster but the coaching is a problem too.