Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: 2019: Week 4 Jaguars vs Broncos

Hey Broncomaniacs!

To quote an old songÖ Nobody knows the troubles Iíve seen. Nobody knows my sorrow.

Shades of Brian Greise, this team is 0-3 with a chance of going 0-4. That black period in Broncoís history happened two decades and in game 4 of that season Terrell Davis injured knee and pretty much ended his career. Letís hope nothing bad happens to our running backs this time.
    We had a chance to beat the Bears and we blew it. We had chances with the Packers and hit the self destruct button. Fumbles and Ints killed us. The defensive coach whom we hired has yet to have a single sack recorded for this team. With the talent we have, he would have to be actively coaching against us getting one for us to be that bad.

In Honor of our coach, this week thread is sponsored by Hasbro, the fine maker of board games for 95 years. Games that inspire family fun for members of Bronco nation. Games you might find on Fangios desk, such as Trouble, Clue, and Sorry. Games that describe our season #Gameover

The offense actually decided to score some touchdown before we were deep in the fourth quarter last week. SO that was promising. Flacco wasn't awful. Run game looked pretty good. The reffing still blew chunks. The roughing the passer call killed us in week two. The phantom hold call on Sanders in last week did the same.

This week we face the Jags and Minshew the mustached maniac who making magic there. He is complete over 73% of his passes with a rating of 110%. The Jags D roared back to life last week with 9 sacks against the Titans. Flacco better be paying the O-line double to protect him. Average Joe was sacked 6 times last week. Heíll be lucky not to end the day on a body bag with the way he's been protected.

So it has been 12 years since any team started the first three games Sackless. Miller and Chubb need to make sure it doesnít go four. Head scratching how this team, with these players can look so inept. WE are also the only team to not force a turnover. Are we sure we hired the right guy and not his evil twin from an alternate universe who knows nothing about defense?

So whatís our historical take on week 4? It is not a bad week 4 us. We have an 8-2 record over the last decade. Of the 8 wins 6 were at home and 2 on the road. Of the two losses, one was on the road, and the was last year at home to KC. So there is a chance for us here.

Itís a home game, hopefully the home crowd is rooting for us. There should still be a fan bitterness over the playoff loss to the Jags in the Shannahan era. That one hurt and fans should remember. The Jags have a great D and a good offense. Denver will have their work cut out for them. Hopefully the coaches have earned their pay this week. My faith in this team is being tested, but I still have hope.

Thank you one and all. Please as usual follow the rules of the COC. It's game 4, the mods like us are going through a rough season . Letís not make it harder on them. Keep hope alive. Maybe this time we get the ďWĒ Let's help them as best we can. Looking forward to the game, but not the refs. As always GO BRONCOS!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

GO BRONCOS!

Thank you Elway !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE jagz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK minshew !!!

Broncos 42
    jagz 13

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Let's go Denver. Let's get our first win of the season

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

My day started great with a Wales win over Australia in the Rugby World Cup.
    Broncos please complete my day with a W!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

BLAM! BLAM!

Not gonna lie, don't have a good feeling about this, but Gardner Minshew is fun to watch and honestly, I kinda like the kid, so win or lose, this should be a fun game.

I hope we win, but if we don't I won't be surprised. This is one of the easiest matchups we will have all season long. If we can't beat a Jags team without their franchise QB at our own stadium, then we can confirm at least that this team is indeed done and start looking towards the draft.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I hope we win, but if we don't I won't be surprised. This is one of the easiest matchups we will have all season long. If we can't beat a Jags team without their franchise QB at our own stadium, then we can confirm at least that this team is indeed done and start looking towards the draft.
    I don't agree that this will be easy. Imo Minshew is the second best qb we've faced so far and the jags have a decent defense despite the issues with Ramsey at corner.

Let's go Broncos!! No matter how bad it seems I'm always delighted to watch them play on Sundays . Were getting a win today 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't agree that this will be easy. Imo Minshew is the second best qb we've faced so far and the jags have a decent defense despite the issues with Ramsey at corner.
    Possibly. That defense is no joke, and I expect Flacco to get sacked... a lot. His history against the Jags D is not so great either.

Minshew is looking great, but the jury is still out on him. I really hope our secondary steps up and frustrate youg QBs, they've done so before with rookie stars like Baker Mayfield. The key is if they can finally start getting pressure on the QB this game can be winnable. But like I said before, they haven't done much against worse O-lines, so I don't know what to expect today.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 09-29-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I donít think we will win this week. Deep down inside, I want for us to press the reset button and dive head first into rebuilding mode. Gotta build through the draft. Iím more disappointed in Lock not being available than our record. I was hoping we can find out what heís got sooner rather than later.

I don't agree that the Jags O is good, its pretty poor like ours. I expect this to be a low scoring and sloppy game, they are a slightly worse version of the Bears who we should of beat at the end. Nothing would surprise me at this point but if we can't beat a Jags team at home led by a late round rookie QB (and possibly Ramsey out) then we are even worse then I thought.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if we win or not but always fun to see how it plays out.