Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...denver-broncos

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Gary Kubiak said it is time for him "to step away from coaching" less than a year after guiding the Denver Broncos to a Super Bowl championship.
    Kubiak fought back tears Monday as he thanked his family, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, his coaching staff, his players, friends and a wide range of team staff members.
    "This decision is strictly my decision, based on what I've been through this year and how I'm feeling," Kubiak said. "I just feel like it's time for me to do something different. Now, I'm retiring from coaching, I'm getting out of coaching, but I've got a lot to give and I'm going to find something else to do ... but it's time for me to step away from the coaching field."

Broncos executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway, Kubiak's former teammate and roommate with the Broncos, said Kubiak came to him in December and said, "I need to talk to you as a friend, not my boss."
    It was in a Christmas Eve discussion, at the team's hotel in Kansas City the night before the Christmas night game, when Kubiak outlined his desire to step away. Elway said he briefly tried to talk Kubiak out of the decision, including making another attempt Monday.
    Kubiak added the "decision would be the same" even if the Broncos had made the playoffs.
    "I know how tough this is for him to do," Elway said. "... In the long run, it's the right thing for Gary, and that's the most important thing."
    After two seasons that saw the team go 21-11 and win Super Bowl 50, Kubiak cited concerns over his ability to maintain his health and do the job the way he has always done it.

Kubiak said there wasn't one specific instance that led to his decision, but rather a realization that came this season that if he stayed a head coach, he was going to have to change how he worked. Kubiak said he determined he was not going to be able that change.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

I guess it was Elway forcing kubiak to fire coaches that made kubes sick? is that what your saying

then why did kubiak come back six months later???
    Hahahahaha what a way to follow in the foot steps of tommybrady12.

I donít care what article Jeff Legwold puts out there, and you know better than that but believe it if you want to but most of us in here do not.

Just because legwold puts an ESPN stamp on it doesnít mean crap. Paige also works for them to an extent and Iím wondering if youíd still post that article had it been him that put it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Then letting Wade go ........ I mean what better a match made in heaven was our players and Wade? Why shake that up? over money? Pat Bowlen would never had made that decision based on money.

Part of me wonders if Kubiak left because he just couldn't work under Elway. Of course I'm out of line saying this ....because I have no idea but it surely was strange to leave due to health reasons only to start working elsewhere not long after.

And by the way those who dream about Manning coming here to replace Elway .......... that would never happen. No way Manning would come here to follow Elway. Too much drama. Manning can find a better situation elsewhere. He just wouldn't ........ unfortunately
    Na no more hot shot players for GM unless we absolutely understand that they are qualified!

I talk a lot with denver media and a ton of personalities around Mile High and the concensus was that Gary stepped down due to Elway attempting to force his hand against his hand picked staff.

What is that saying to Gary about his abilities and how would it make him feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hahahahaha what a way to follow in the foot steps of tommybrady12.

I don’t care what article Jeff Legwold puts out there, and you know better than that but believe it if you want to but most of us in here do not.

Just because legwold puts an ESPN stamp on it doesn’t mean crap. Paige also works for them to an extent and I’m wondering if you’d still post that article had it been him that put it out there.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-from-coaching
    Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak announced his retirement from coaching Monday, citing his health as the main factor in the decision.
    "As I told our team last night, this is an extremely difficult decision to step down as head coach. I love to work and I love football, but ultimately the demands of the job are no longer a good fit for me," Kubiak said in a statement Monday morning. "I gave everything I had to this team the last two seasons, but this year, in particular, has been tough on me. As hard as it is to leave this position, I know that it's the best thing for myself, my family and the Denver Broncos."
    Kubiak, 55, was diagnosed with a complex migraine condition earlier this season, which required hospitalization (he missed one game). He also suffered a mini-stroke back in 2013 as the head coach of the Houston Texans.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...denver-broncos

"This decision is strictly my decision, based on what I've been through this year and how I'm feeling," Kubiak said. "I just feel like it's time for me to do something different. Now, I'm retiring from coaching, I'm getting out of coaching, but I've got a lot to give and I'm going to find something else to do ... but it's time for me to step away from the coaching field."

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ootball-020317

Gary Kubiak has been retired for just a month, but the Super Bowl-winning coach already is planning a return to football.
    “I want to work,” Kubiak told the Denver Post on Thursday in his hometown of Houston. “I still get up every day at 4:30 and I want something to do. Lately I’ve been getting on my tractor and messing around the farm.”
    Kubiak called it quits as head coach of the Denver Broncos last month, revealing that his career had taken a toll on his health. But while Kubiak said his next job won’t be as a head coach, he’s entertaining several possibilities, including in the college ranks.

https://kdvr.com/2017/01/02/gary-kub...er-bowl-title/

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/1/14...ealth-concerns

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/de...-kubiak-future

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...e-coordinator/

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/bronco...142500778.html

ok trump just because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean its fake
    Last edited by arapaho; 09-30-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Na no more hot shot players for GM unless we absolutely understand that they are qualified!

I talk a lot with denver media and a ton of personalities around Mile High and the concensus was that Gary stepped down due to Elway attempting to force his hand against his hand picked staff.

What is that saying to Gary about his abilities and how would it make him feel?
    that's why he came back to work with elway six months later huh cause Elway was mean to him and forced him to quit

dammit Elway...you drafted a guy with weak ligaments...its all your fault!!!!

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...njur-tears-acl
    Report: Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

The Denver Broncos season just went from bad to worse with the loss of Bradley Chubb for the season to an ACL tear.

A defensive coach who was supposed to install a attacking aggressive defense centered around two of the best pass rushers in the game

You seen any of that yet

And that was supposed to be fangios strength right, his genius that could confuse offenses,

I haven’t seen it
    Maybe he is confusing defenses? Maybe we we're all just too dumb to see how special this defense unit is and how it is playing transcendent.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Maybe he is confusing defenses? Maybe we we're all just too dumb to see how special this defense unit is and how it is playing transcendent.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

I am not going full bore anti Fangio
    I have faith in him still

but...I have watched a ton of football in my day and when you watch a need to win game like the broncos are in

and you see the defense totally dominate a opposing offense up til the half...and then see that team come out with a new game plan and totally dominate the defense

that's on coaching...they made changes...we didn't

Fangio is used to the box...he stated he was calling the defense from the field

perhaps that should be the first change...let the DC call the defense

I am not going full bore anti Fangio
    I have faith in him still

but...I have watched a ton of football in my day and when you watch a need to win game like the broncos are in

and you see the defense totally dominate a opposing offense up til the half...and then see that team come out with a new game plan and totally dominate the defense

that's on coaching...they made changes...we didn't

Fangio is used to the box...he stated he was calling the defense from the field

perhaps that should be the first change...let the DC call the defense
    Oh, I agree. But it's smack and so it has to be over the top

I think our issues on defense aren't so much Fangio but personnel. Replace Davis for a legit ILB and there is no way Fournette rushes for 190 in the second half. But you can only play the players on the roster so we are what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Oh, I agree. But it's smack and so it has to be over the top

I think our issues on defense aren't so much Fangio but personnel. Replace Davis for a legit ILB and there is no way Fournette rushes for 190 in the second half. But you can only play the players on the roster so we are what we are.
    except davis played in the first half also...when they held fournette to 35 yards

dammit Elway...you drafted a guy with weak ligaments...its all your fault!!!!

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...njur-tears-acl
    Report: Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

The Denver Broncos season just went from bad to worse with the loss of Bradley Chubb for the season to an ACL tear.
    if that were the chargers you would blame telesco and you would say it's excuse making to even mention it

but lets be honest here. chubb wasn't playing at a high level in that defense anyways. yeah elway doesn't direct the defense but it was his plan to bring in VF and change the defense, that was definitely his doing.

except davis played in the first half also...when they held fournette to 35 yards
    Meh, he and the team got steamrolled the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you keep believing that, gramps. we will be in the hunt for the playoffs in December and your team,? well it's week 4 and that's pretty much a wrap.
    I agree Mr. Whippersnapper, we won't be in the hunt for the playoffs and maybe you "might be" but the Sparklers will choke and puke as always!

So, I'd rather be out of the playoffs as a Dolt fan than know when we got there we would fail horribly and continue the 50 plus years of futility.

Much less embarrassing to quietly not make the playoffs than get there and choke and puke in front of the whole NFL world...again as usual!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    if that were the chargers you would blame telesco and you would say it's excuse making to even mention it

but lets be honest here. chubb wasn't playing at a high level in that defense anyways. yeah elway doesn't direct the defense but it was his plan to bring in VF and change the defense, that was definitely his doing.
    and can you find one article anywhere that wasn't a whole hearted endorsement of bringing in a detail oriented, defensive guru, hard nosed coach named Fangio to a team with chubb and miller

everyone praised it...and he will more then likely turn this team around

and can you find one article anywhere that wasn't a whole hearted endorsement of bringing in a detail oriented, defensive guru, hard nosed coach named Fangio to a team with chubb and miller

everyone praised it...and he will more then likely turn this team around
    did those people think that defense would not fit their best player? me personally i didn't realize that and i don't think most of you (if any) did either. but one thing i did know is a good DC doesn't plays make a good head coach. yes he could turn things around but i have my doubts it will happen this season, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I agree Mr. Whippersnapper, we won't be in the hunt for the playoffs and maybe you "might be" but the Sparklers will choke and puke as always!

So, I'd rather be out of the playoffs as a Dolt fan than know when we got there we would fail horribly and continue the 50 plus years of futility.

Much less embarrassing to quietly not make the playoffs than get there and choke and puke in front of the whole NFL world...again as usual!
    hey, the broncos got destroyed how many times in the SB? i remember saying after the broncos got beat down by the seahawks that if it meant my team getting beat down like that i would rather not be in the SB and arapaho said that was a losers mentality.

guess arapaho thinks you're a loser.

this season, however, has not unfolded yet. if my team gets their players back healthy and they are still in the hunt in December, they can make some noise in the playoffs.