View Poll Results: Should John Elway be fired?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 57.14%
  • No

42 42.86%
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Some of you act as if Flacco has to have Manning #'s to be acceptable. He has never been nor will he. Hes had some bad passes and ALL QBs do . I'm wasnt big on bringing him to Denver but I'm not letting my emotions cloud my judgment. So many of you are stuck on stats. I mean I like stats when it comes to my ff team but this ain't ff. He isnt the reason we went 0-4 . He has played good as far as I'm concerned. I didnt say great , hes played well enough to give us chances to win but Wrs , Defense and Refs had huge play in the losses. That being said do I want a better Qb .....of course I do .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Some of you act as if Flacco has to have Manning #'s to be acceptable. He has never been nor will he. Hes had some bad passes and ALL QBs do . I'm wasnt big on bringing him to Denver but I'm not letting my emotions cloud my judgment. So many of you are stuck on stats. I mean I like stats when it comes to my ff team but this ain't ff. He isnt the reason we went 0-4 . He has played good as far as I'm concerned. I didnt say great , hes played well enough to give us chances to win but Wrs , Defense and Refs had huge play in the losses. That being said do I want a better Qb .....of course I do .
    The word you're thinking of is mediocre. Averaging 1.5 TDs to 1 Int is not going win you many games when your defense isn't top 5. He isnt the reason we are losing games, but he sure isnt helping win either.

Hereís the Flacco thread:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...34#post5837434

Letís keep this thread on topic. Thanks

Didnt even realize it lol, it went side ways a bit back .

Didnt even realize it lol, it went side ways a bit back .
    Iíve done the same thing...sometimes jumping around threads and then Iíve thought...where am I?

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    He has played solid. I am not saying he has been great. He also hasn't been bad. How do you define solid? Because to me, Flacco is playing good enough for us to win this year.
    I define solid as middle of the road QB play at a minimum. Flacco isnít providing that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    I define solid as middle of the road QB play at a minimum. Flacco isn’t providing that.
    Okay. You have your opinion and I have mine. Moving on

People people there is a thread for all the love hate Flacco talk. Letís stick to the topic at hand in here, and that is ďshould Elway be firedĒ?

I think John will play out his contract hence why he reworked the deal for his current starting QB.

Heís rolling with his current starter right now which would suggest that he will not be fired however there is always the chance that he steps down early if the losses continue!

Yeah , back on topic . No he shouldn't be fired right now. We've had 2 good drafts in a row , good UDFA pick ups and good FA signing. What I do think is that the players should finish their executions. Let's see how it goes this year and next . Then I think Elways fate will be determined .

Everything needs to stay the same for a couple of years for continuity. John Elway should never be fired from the Denver Broncos. They should let him serve the remainder of his contract, if things improve extend his contract, but if they don't, let him retire. John Elway should be able to leave the Broncos on his own terms.

Yeah , back on topic . No he shouldn't be fired right now. We've had 2 good drafts in a row , good UDFA pick ups and good FA signing. What I do think is that the players should finish their executions. Let's see how it goes this year and next . Then I think Elways fate will be determined .
    We don't know that this draft class is good yet. All except for Dalton Risner are complete unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    We don't know that this draft class is good yet. All except for Dalton Risner are complete unknowns.
    Honestly, Iím not seeing any players in the last two drafts that are good enough to make up for nearly a decade of bad drafting. Not even close.

Honestly, Iím not seeing any players in the last two drafts that are good enough to make up for nearly a decade of bad drafting. Not even close.
    You cant make up for a decade of bad drafting that's absurd.

You cant make up for a decade of bad drafting that's absurd.
    Thatís kind of the point. People wanting to focus on the last two drafts (which havenít been all that special honestly) rather than looking at his entire draft record are basically crazy.

Thatís kind of the point. People wanting to focus on the last two drafts (which havenít been all that special honestly) rather than looking at his entire draft record are basically crazy.
    Wait a minute so people can say I don't care if we went to 2 superbowls with Elway as GM before because the last couple yrs we've sucked , but you can say well just because of the last 2 years we've drafted good player it doesnt excuse the past 10 years before ?
    Yeah that makes total sense.