View Poll Results: Should John Elway be fired?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 57.14%
  • No

42 42.86%
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I agree that our change needs to be big. A lot of people and a lot of input from different levels. Personally I think we're gonna be seeing a lot of the same for a good bit yet. :\
    That's what I think as well. I don't think Ellis wants to deal with the backlash of firing Elway. The media and NFL people will applaud the move, but there are many Broncos fans that still see Elway the QB and Elway the GM as the same and idolize him no matter what. I won't be surprised if Ellis is fine keeping things the way they are. He's running the trust, conveniently appointing 29-year old Brittany as successor, a process that might take another 10 years.

Also, if Ellis is really doing things such as refusing to pay Wade Phillips, refusing to hire Kyle Shanahan, refusing to bring back Mike Shanahan, etc, it will be easier for him to keep Elway around rather than build a difficult relationship with a new GM that will not tolerate any kind of sabotage. Elway keeps doing what he's doing, Ellis, Mary Kelly and Rich Slivka keep getting paid by the trust, and all is well at the setting of the sun.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

When DMac asked Adam Schefter if the GM should be fired, Schefter said

“that’s absurd who’s gonna fire him, he’s john Elway”.

It’s really sad and the questions wasn’t
    “would he be fired” it was “should he be fired”!

I cannot believe the pass he is getting.

No where else would somebody without any experience be allowed to run a billion dollar company, experiment and get it wrong year after year.

Guess we’ll just have to watch merchandise and ticket sales plummet.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-01-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Guess we’ll just have to watch merchandise and ticket sales plummet.
    Meanwhile the prices will somehow continue to skyrocket...

I voted no, but due to the concern of what kind of candidate would we find willing to come here with the ownership situation the way it currently is... If we had an owner in place, I firmly believe this would be his last season, but as it stands right now, I think it could go either way.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Meanwhile the prices will somehow continue to skyrocket...

I voted no, but due to the concern of what kind of candidate would we find willing to come here with the ownership situation the way it currently is... If we had an owner in place, I firmly believe this would be his last season, but as it stands right now, I think it could go either way.
    That is a sign of loyalty from the season ticket holders but I think that may change once the the organization finds a way to truly stop resale’s.

That is if it keeps on this way.

This poll is not super scientific, in that the sample size is not big enough, but it speaks volumes about the way things are trending in Denver. Most of us gave him a pass, up until lately. Whether it's a case of too much negativity of late, or that the pro Elway folks aren't voting, it still is sign that the fanbase will not take a lot more of same.

1 and 4 will be a lot more palatable than 0 and 5, but only for a short while. Three years of this is wearing thin in Bronco-land.

Fans here are intelligent, and realize that the 5 year, or whatever number, plan is not working. Question marks in too many places, with no clear cut reason for quick recovery in most. And losing Chubb was insult to injury, given the role most of us expected for him this season.

Part of one's credibility is how they react to issues, and how proactive they are in all situations. If we stay in the lower echelon of the league, it will be incumbent upon Elway to look proactive, going into the offseason. He will need to make smart decisions, perhaps clean some house, and build with new faces. But he has to get those weaker areas fixed, because it almost appears to be neglect.....or in fact, some poor strategic maneuvers.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-01-2019 at 05:49 PM.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    That's what I think as well. I don't think Ellis wants to deal with the backlash of firing Elway. The media and NFL people will applaud the move, but there are many Broncos fans that still see Elway the QB and Elway the GM as the same and idolize him no matter what. I won't be surprised if Ellis is fine keeping things the way they are. He's running the trust, conveniently appointing 29-year old Brittany as successor, a process that might take another 10 years.

Also, if Ellis is really doing things such as refusing to pay Wade Phillips, refusing to hire Kyle Shanahan, refusing to bring back Mike Shanahan, etc, it will be easier for him to keep Elway around rather than build a difficult relationship with a new GM that will not tolerate any kind of sabotage. Elway keeps doing what he's doing, Ellis, Mary Kelly and Rich Slivka keep getting paid by the trust, and all is well at the setting of the sun.
    An interesting thing waaaaaay back when... well before the trust and well before Elway, Sundquist was still GM so I want to say towards the end of the Shanny years I had made a post about wanting Joe Ellis fired because of his apparent apathy towards the state of the team. Here we are a decade later. If the trust is truly checked out and just collecting duckets, I honestly don't know how we get out of it.

The way I see it, John Elway never would have won a Super Bowl as a player if not for Terrel Davis. And he really has made a lot of poor draft choices.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    An interesting thing waaaaaay back when... well before the trust and well before Elway, Sundquist was still GM so I want to say towards the end of the Shanny years I had made a post about wanting Joe Ellis fired because of his apparent apathy towards the state of the team. Here we are a decade later. If the trust is truly checked out and just collecting duckets, I honestly don't know how we get out of it.
    I believe that is why Beth Bowlen Wallace has filed suit after suit but she’s falsely accused of being after the money.

Meanwhile Eliss and company (minus John Elway) are sitting back collecting money.

Now I’m not going to say that Elway isn’t trying because he has but he’s failing with cheaper approaches, it could be by Eliss orders or not but Eliss truly is one person that needs to step away or removed by the Arapahoe county courts!

Radio reports are that the league will stay out if this and allow the court to make a decision but who knows how long that is going to take however they are right smack directly next door to the broncos headquarters.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-01-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This poll is not super scientific, in that the sample size is not big enough, but it speaks volumes about the way things are trending in Denver. Most of us gave him a pass, up until lately. Whether it's a case of too much negativity of late, or that the pro Elway folks aren't voting, it still is sign that the fanbase will not take a lot more of same.

1 and 4 will be a lot more palatable than 0 and 5, but only for a short while. Three years of this is wearing thin in Bronco-land.

Fans here are intelligent, and realize that the 5 year, or whatever number, plan is not working. Question marks in too many places, with no clear cut reason for quick recovery in most. And losing Chubb was insult to injury, given the role most of us expected for him this season.

Part of one's credibility is how they react to issues, and how proactive they are in all situations. If we stay in the lower echelon of the league, it will be incumbent upon Elway to look proactive, going into the offseason. He will need to make smart decisions, perhaps clean some house, and build with new faces. But he has to get those weaker areas fixed, because it almost appears to be neglect.....or in fact, some poor strategic maneuvers.
    This isn’t a scientific poll however it shows how many fans don’t believe Elway is capable of turning things around. 2,465 votes as of Monday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    This isn’t a scientific poll however it shows how many fans don’t believe Elway is capable of turning things around. 2,465 votes as of Monday evening.

I don’t feel that he is capable but I’d like to know how much he’s allowed to spend on each player.

He’s refused to pay his own guys like Matt Paradis and CHJ while paying multiple guys more such as Bryce Callahan, Kareem Jackson and a Juwann James.

If this was solely on Elway then yes I’d say this a HUGE fail but could it be that someone else behind the scenes won’t sign off on a few million more to one player such as CHJ or Matt Paradis?

We all saw how long it took Von Miller to get paid, we all saw how PFM was forced to take a pay cut!

I’m pretty sure most of this is on Elway but I wouldn’t be surprised if Eliss isn’t pulling some baloney behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-01-2019 at 06:16 PM.

I'm iffy on the subject . I have to admit that theres been bad draftees . These last 2 years though I have to say is pretty good . Who's our scouts ? Personally I'd rather see Ellis gone and Elway in his spot or Elway part owner and get a really good proven GM. I'm also blown away at the fact that 75% of 1st rounders dont get a 2nd contract from the team that drafts them.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm iffy on the subject . I have to admit that theres been bad draftees . These last 2 years though I have to say is pretty good . Who's our scouts ? Personally I'd rather see Ellis gone and Elway in his spot or Elway part owner and get a really good proven GM. I'm also blown away at the fact that 75% of 1st rounders dont get a 2nd contract from the team that drafts them.
    At this point I wouldn’t be very confident with either being involved with the team.

I know they brought a super bowl victory but things are far too beyond repair to be able to trust either again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I don’t feel that he is capable but I’d like to know how much he’s allowed to spend on each player.

He’s refused to pay his own guys like Matt Paradis and CHJ while paying multiple guys more such as Bryce Callahan, Kareem Jackson and a Juwann James.

If this was solely on Elway then yes I’d say this a HUGE fail but could it be that someone else behind the scenes won’t sign off on a few million more to one player such as CHJ or Matt Paradis?

We all saw how long it took Von Miller to get paid, we all saw how PFM was forced to take a pay cut!

I’m pretty sure most of this is on Elway but I wouldn’t be surprised if Eliss isn’t pulling some baloney behind the scenes.
    There are multiple aspects to how much they spend on each player - market value, team need, cap space, etc. The team carries dead money for players who don’t pan out, which cuts into cap space.

As far as Matt Paradis, I think that decision had more to do with long term viability after hip surgeries. The debate on CHJ’s contract has been argued many times.

Elway isn’t entirely responsible and Ellis had his hand in decisions. The current problem is that Ellis isn’t leaving anytime soon. I don’t know if the trust is setup to allow 2/3 to vote to remove one member. If that clause exists in the trust then it’s possible Mary Kelly and Rich Slivka could boot Ellis - highly unlikely. Again, we don’t know the structure of the trust.

I could see a scenario where Ellis sits down with Elway with an agreement to build a transition plan. Allow Elway to finish his contract while building cap space, determining if Lock has a future and moving on from veterans like Sanders and Wolfe. Elway’s final move might be trading Von Miller.

We’ll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There are multiple aspects to how much they spend on each player - market value, team need, cap space, etc. The team carries dead money for players who don’t pan out, which cuts into cap space.

As far as Matt Paradis, I think that decision had more to do with long term viability after hip surgeries. The debate on CHJ’s contract has been argued many times.

Elway isn’t entirely responsible and Ellis had his hand in decisions. The current problem is that Ellis isn’t leaving anytime soon. I don’t know if the trust is setup to allow 2/3 to vote to remove one member. If that clause exists in the trust then it’s possible Mary Kelly and Rich Slivka could boot Ellis - highly unlikely. Again, we don’t know the structure of the trust.

I could see a scenario where Ellis sits down with Elway with an agreement to build a transition plan. Allow Elway to finish his contract while building cap space, determining if Lock has a future and moving on from veterans like Sanders and Wolfe. Elway’s final move might be trading Von Miller.

We’ll see what happens.
    Wouldn't care to see Elway leave the team. But I could go for Elway replacing Ellis and Kubes as GM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    The way I see it, John Elway never would have won a Super Bowl as a player if not for Terrel Davis. And he really has made a lot of poor draft choices.
    So now we're attacking Elway the football player. This Franchise has 3 super bowl titles because of Elway's contributions.

I understand that everyone is upset with how the year is going but John Elway is the Denver Broncos and we should all be thankful for that as we have been one of the leagues most successful franchise's since he was drafted.